Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Jennifer Lopez looked so good at VMAs. She's definitely the best looking and hottest woman in the business right now. Everyone wish they look like her when they are 50.
    Wow she looked absolutely stunning. Was she presenting ?

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

weren't you just promoting the idea of changing the BB100 formula so that this wouldn't happen anymore... as it hasn't happened for 60 years out of the 63 years that the music industry has existed?
      Yeah they can change it now, but you have to admit it is still pretty legendary to see

Comment

• J.Lo’s music and movies may s*ck but she looks fire stunning woman.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• She’s a bad bitch. That’s about it

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Jennifer Lopez looked so good at VMAs. She's definitely the best looking and hottest woman in the business right now. Everyone wish they look like her when they are 50.
            Doesn't she always look great? She knows how to shine.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Random:

I have so much respect for Taylor. She endured many people coming after her, trying to destroy her since she was in her late teens/early 20s. She handle the industry the way Madonna did and that was to simply keep it pushing.
              Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                Random:

I have so much respect for Taylor. She endured many people coming after her, trying to destroy her since she was in her late teens/early 20s. She handle the industry the way Madonna did and that was to simply keep it pushing.
                Taylor doesn’t even know what real backlash is LOL
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Today's Nokia tweets are something else
                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Taylor doesn’t even know what real backlash is LOL
                    I disagree 100%

Taylor always fac3s some type of backlash. But when Kim and Kanye posted those edited messages, they really had people on a massive anti-Taylor movement. It was bad.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Comment

• Stream this masterpiece

Comment

I disagree 100%

Taylor always fac3s some type of backlash. But when Kim and Kanye posted those edited messages, they really had people on a massive anti-Taylor movement. It was bad.
                            Nothing compared to the “Erotica” backlash

Comment

Nothing compared to the “Erotica” backlash
                              Chile! Yall exaggerate Erotica's backlash. Radio didn't cancel her, she was still able to perform at Award shows, and she made an R&B-ish styled album afterwards to keep up with the times.

Erotica made Madonna look like she was trying too hard to keep up with Whitney and Mariah so the media clowned her for that. Madonna simply put on her business hat and worked with the same producer that was giving Whitney hits. Erotic was a business move that did what is was suppose to do and that's keep Madonna's name in the press. Same thing with the sex book. It's all business.

I do admire her business moves though. She very inspiring.
                              Last edited by TIfan; Tue September 14, 2021, 23:55.
                              Diva!!!

Comment

I disagree 100%

Massive though? Hardly, apart from a few Twitter rants.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Chile! Yall exaggerate Erotica's backlash. Radio didn't cancel her, she was still able to perform at Award shows, and she made an R&B-ish styled album afterwards to keep up with the times.

Erotica made Madonna look like she was trying too hard to keep up with Whitney and Mariah so the media clowned her for that. Madonna simply put on her business hat and worked with the same producer that was giving Whitney hits. Erotic was a business move that did what is was suppose to do and that's keep Madonna's name in the press. Same thing with the sex book. It's all business.

I do admire her business moves though. She very inspiring.
                                  “Erotica” made Madonna go from massive selling albums to 5m which was extremely low for a superstar at the time , so she did suffer commercially and faced sales consequences, also papers and magazines said her career was over and media destroyed her. People said it was career suicide.

Taylor never experienced anything like that, and about Radio not cancelling Madonna … It’s not like Radio cancelled Taylor EVER anyways.

In fact several years later Madonna faced another backlash in USA in 2003 with her “American Life” that did cancel her on US radio stations.

Taylor never faced anything close or compared to that …

Comment

• Harleys in Hawaii approaching 500k streams on Spotify with ZERO playlist support.

The GP has spoken I fear

Comment

• I'm really scratching my head trying to think of what backlash Taylor has faced. I mean... girl has three AOTY Grammys. The establishment loves her.

Comment

• How many strike is Nicki Minaj allowed to have seriously?
                                        When will this industry be over her...?
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

“Erotica” made Madonna go from massive selling albums to 5m which was extremely low for a superstar at the time , so she did suffer commercially and faced sales consequences, also papers and magazines said her career was over and media destroyed her. People said it was career suicide.

Taylor never experienced anything like that, and about Radio not cancelling Madonna … It’s not like Radio cancelled Taylor EVER anyways.

In fact several years later Madonna faced another backlash in USA in 2003 with her “American Life” that did cancel her on US radio stations.

Taylor never faced anything close or compared to that …
                                          Well Madonna is the Comeback Queen. The Erotica-era is now iconic so it did its job
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                            I'm really scratching my head trying to think of what backlash Taylor has faced. I mean... girl has three AOTY Grammys. The establishment loves her.
                                            Exactly what backlash? There’s no backlash in her career LOL

Comment

• Taylor will never record a great album like Godtica.

I am waiting for comments that she has 3 AOTY. And what?

Comment

• There was definitely a backlash. Taylor simply stuck with her music and later, the truth came out that Kim allegedly doctored up those messages. It was all over the place. There were many celebs, fan bases and media outlets that were attacking Taylor prior to "truth" being revealed.
                                                Diva!!!

Comment

• I guess but that seems so garden variety to me. Look at how the media was with Britney when she shaved her head, or Whitney when she was busted for marijuana, or even Mariah when she acted weird on TRL.

Comment

• Wow! This is gold. Aretha working on Ain't No Way.

Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X