Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

    Her French albums are worth recommending.
    Yeah her French music seems better.

    But you know what? I think you’re taking the RS list too literal. I don’t think it’s necessarily a list about technicality. RS have always been pop culture, they’re fun.

    I see the list more as a way to recognize songs that somehow stood the test of time or meant a very good musical moment when they came out, songs that have helped to define or shape generations in the modern music scene. It’s the impact, the legacy or what the songs represent IMO.

    Obviously you need to be very inclusive of all the decades when taking this into account. As much as I’d love it to be just 60s / 70s that wouldn’t be realistic, music never stopped, generations constantly changed and there are newer artists now that are also doing their pop cultural contribution. You just can’t ignore it. The list includes songs from every decade and not updating it is stalling. The list is celebratory, it’s not meant to be negative.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

      I like many of his evergreen hits... but his new music is not IT (he peaked in 1994 with the Lion King), and has talked way too much trash about Madonna. The only nice thing he did for one of my faves is to send Robbie to rehab in 1997 or so (and again in 2006). He is otherwise a bitter queen.
      I don't like him and his music. I listened to his entire discography and David Bowie eats it.

      Btw, Bowie is a genius.
      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosala / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

      Comment


      • Elton has some great songs. His personality is sh*t and Karen but the music was good at least.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

          Yeah her French music seems better.

          But you know what? I think you’re taking the RS list too literal. I don’t think it’s necessarily a list about technicality. RS have always been pop culture, they’re fun.

          I see the list more as a way to recognize songs that somehow stood the test of time or meant a very good musical moment when they came out, songs that have helped to define or shape generations in the modern music scene. It’s the impact, the legacy or what the songs represent IMO.

          Obviously you need to be very inclusive of all the decades when taking this into account. As much as I’d love it to be just 60s / 70s that wouldn’t be realistic, music never stopped, generations constantly changed and there are newer artists now that are also doing their pop cultural contribution. You just can’t ignore it. The list includes songs from every decade and not updating it is stalling. The list is celebratory, it’s not meant to be negative.
          Agree, but I don't like this ranking (yes, many of my favorites aren't there). But it's normal, if you only saw a few songs you like there, you would also share my opinion.

          'No one on earth will agree with anyone else's list, but this list is insane.'
          Quoting the comment that I saw and I agree.
          Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Sun September 19, 2021, 00:05.
          Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosala / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

          Comment


          • I did find a lot of songs that I like in there … Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Metallica, Bod Dylan, U2, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, AC/DC, Black Sabath, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Oasis, Green Day, R.E.M, Amy Winehouse, and many others’ songs are all in ..

            Comment


            • Harleys in Hawaii getting 520,000 streams on Spotify in the last 24 hours. The organic demand. Not a single playlist detected
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                Gloria has sold way more albums than J.Lo. Out of the three... the ranking might be:

                1. Shakira
                2. Gloria
                3. J.Lo
                I thought Gloria was well above 50 million pure albums...
                Diva!!!

                Comment





                • The whole album is just perfect, the music video, the song - a masterpiece

                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosala / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                  Comment


                  • When J.No did a Karen ballad.
                    Greatest Of All Time

                    Comment


                    • Never knew that song existed but DEAD at her singing it live on Oprah.

                      Serving vocals.


                      Love the way the video showcases her piano playing and songwriting skills
                      Last edited by InFamous; Sun September 19, 2021, 22:03.
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

                      Comment


                      • She had the audacity to correct Oprah in the beginning tho. I can’t find a clip with that included! I think O called the album “J To Tha Lo” and then J.No quickly remarked with that stupid title, “J To Tha L-O”. Which is why you see that amazing expression in the beginning. I’ll take it with me for the rest of my life.
                        Greatest Of All Time

                        Comment


                        • She served them vocals cold with no seasoning. Damn

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                            She served them vocals cold with no seasoning. Damn
                            More than your fave ever did
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              She had the audacity to correct Oprah in the beginning tho. I can’t find a clip with that included! I think O called the album “J To Tha Lo” and then J.No quickly remarked with that stupid title, “J To Tha L-O”. Which is why you see that amazing expression in the beginning. I’ll take it with me for the rest of my life.


                              I never knew it was pronounced L O. That makes it even worse than what I thought it was - J to the Lo.
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                More than your fave ever did
                                Her live singing is so close to the recordings, you can't even tell the difference

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

                                  Her live singing is so close to the recordings, you can't even tell the difference
                                  LOL. now from my experience with you I know you ain't one of those delulu Britney stans.. you know the T
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                    LOL. now from my experience with you I know you ain't one of those delulu Britney stans.. you know the T
                                    ok, I MAY know the T

                                    Comment


                                    • Michael Bubl is releasing a special edition of his Christmas album this year.

                                      My Instagram... - Click here

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                        Michael Bubl is releasing a special edition of his Christmas album this year.

                                        another one!? didn't he have like 4 or 5 out already lol
                                        doin' a Mariah

                                        Comment


                                        • Paula was ahead of her time.
                                           
                                          Diva!!!

                                          Comment


                                          • Billie Eilish will be an icon in the future, i can feel it.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                              Paula was ahead of her time.
                                              Her best song, single and video.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

                                                another one!? didn't he have like 4 or 5 out already lol
                                                doin' a Mariah
                                                First he had a Xmas songs attached to his real studio album.
                                                Then an EP
                                                Then that xmas album
                                                then a re-issue of the album with more tunes
                                                and now another re-issue

                                                Mariah: Xmas (1994), Xmas 2 (2010), Reissue (2019), Stdk (2020)

                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • #JusticeforHeadOverHeels
                                                   
                                                  Diva!!!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Legendary Behaviour

                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X