Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

First he had a Xmas songs attached to his real studio album.
    Then an EP
    Then that xmas album
    then a re-issue of the album with more tunes
    and now another re-issue

Mariah: Xmas (1994), Xmas 2 (2010), Reissue (2019), Stdk (2020)
    She also has a Christmas soundtrack in 2017.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Slay Katheryn!
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• RBD was a 2000s phenomenon not only in South America. Money Money is still that song.

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Ya no quiero llorar, ya no quiero llorar
            Ya no quiero llorar, ya no quiero llorar
            Ya no quiero llorar, ya no quiero llorar
            Y esta noche la sacare para bailarte

Comment

• I know TR has mentioned this a few times, but I've lost such interest in Billboard these past couple of years. They just aren't interesting anymore. I used to be perched every Monday for them, and now a week might go by and I realize I never bothered to look.

All three components are problematic. Streaming has splintered people so much, which means that the few songs that do appeal to the masses stay on the chart forever, and so they are stagnant and boring.

People don't listen to the radio for music as much anymore, which means radio will hold on to songs even longer than they used to.

And seeing how Billboard overweighs sales, it has made a lot of #1s that don't feel like #1s. And then those sales dry up and the songs plummet, but they're the only thing adding dynamism to the chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                #JusticeforHeadOverHeels
                Love that song. Great video as well. And her performance at Jay Leno was great too.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I prefer UK charts to be honest. Many people hate ACR rule but it prevents the songs clogging up the chart. Plus, no more album bombs like Drake happen thanks to 3 songs rule.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Let's fight!

Whitney had a much bigger impact on music than Madonna and Prince.
                    Diva!!!

Comment

Let's fight!

Whitney had a much bigger impact on music than Madonna and Prince.
                      Agreed.

Plus Katy Perry has had far more impact and reach than either Lady Gaga or Rihanna.

Comment

• Come on Beyoncé, drop that album on Friday (24th) as rumored
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Come on Beyoncé, drop that album on Friday (24th) as rumored
                          Watch her release a new photo with Jay Z or something else equally insignificant

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Watch her release a new photo with Jay Z or something else equally insignificant

Imma beat her ass too.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

• InFamous Come on, you need to celebrate Smile hitting 1B streams. Post those nudes! Post those nudes!
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I prefer UK charts to be honest. Many people hate ACR rule but it prevents the songs clogging up the chart. Plus, no more album bombs like Drake happen thanks to 3 songs rule.
                                Yeah, the UK charts have always been great because singles didn't stick on the charts for ages and even acts slightly off the mainstream had the chance to get nice peaks. They're still nice to look at (though I'd prefer there being less of those evergreen catalogue albums), but I would say that the Belgian charts are great, too. Albums rarely freefall there, singles don't chart in the top 10 for ages, and it's not rare for late singles to get nice peaks there, too. Oh, and Coldplay's last single reached No. 1 in Belgium.
                                Last edited by theMathematician; Wed September 22, 2021, 00:23.
                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                  InFamous Come on, you need to celebrate Smile hitting 1B streams. Post those nudes! Post those nudes!
                                  Solo album in third decade of career did that

OT - Don't get Airwrecka over excited.

Comment

I prefer UK charts to be honest. Many people hate ACR rule but it prevents the songs clogging up the chart. Plus, no more album bombs like Drake happen thanks to 3 songs rule.
                                    US needs to do this.

Comment

• Lil Kim is the muthaf****** Queen of Rap period!
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

Lil Kim is the muthaf****** Queen of Rap period!
                                        we love to see facts in this thread.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• She was great, but I'd take Missy from that era. It's weird they both disappeared around the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                            She was great, but I'd take Missy from that era. It's weird they both disappeared around the same time.
                                            Sad that their last studio albums were released in 2005.
                                            Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Wed September 22, 2021, 19:58.

Comment

• why is Jump by Madonna from the Confessions Tour the best Dance-pop track ever recorded? Surprised?
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Why is the Confessions Tour by Madonna the best tour by anyone ever? surprised?
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  Why is the Confessions Tour by Madonna the best tour by anyone ever? surprised?
                                                  Not when Blond Ambition has never been beaten.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Janet was 15 years into her popular career when she was honored by P!nk, Mya, Britney, N'Sync, Destiny's Child, Aaliyah, Christina, Usher, and so many more.

What a legend!!!

Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X