• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
    If We Belong Together isn’t in the Top 10
    songs of all time then it’s definitely ranks in the Top
    20 of all time.

it was Mariah’s comeback era and she came back better than ever echoing one of her best songs since Always Be My Baby.
    I could have sworn I pegged you as a Kween troll. I must have confused you for somebody else.
    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Goldmoney does this count as chocolate acclaim for Herpa ?

Dead at her doing the Da Baby part though

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        I could have sworn I pegged you as a Kween troll. I must have confused you for somebody else.
        I’m sure you have me confused. Trolling ain’t in my repertoire; speaking my mind is. Some folks should get off their high horses and get a bit more grounded.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Goldmoney does this count as chocolate acclaim for Herpa ?

Dead at her doing the Da Baby part though

Toni hasn’t had a chocolate anthem herself in like 20 years, much less for other people who aren’t even part of the community.

DEAD at her mimicking Herpa’s singing style at first. Toni has stooped so low. I actually couldn’t tell who it was until the rap - dead giveaway.
          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Also, Robbin’ Thief has been a chocolate impersonator/music historian his entire life and he thot it was JESSICA ALBA?!?!
            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              Toni hasn’t had a chocolate anthem herself in like 20 years, much less for other people who aren’t even part of the community.

DEAD at her mimicking Herpa’s singing style at first. Toni has stooped so low. I actually couldn’t tell who it was until the rap - dead giveaway.
              Why was Toni on that lame show ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why was Toni on that lame show ?
                Especially considering the fact that she has lupus, which puts at a much greater risk with COVID.
                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• "Ooh
                  If travel is searching
                  And home has been found
                  I'm not stopping
                  I'm going hunting
                  I'm the hunter
                  I'll bring back the goods
                  But I don't know when
                  I thought I could organize freedom
                  How Scandinavian of me
                  En-cha-le-li
                  En-cha-le
                  You sussed it out, didn't you?
                  Yeah!
                  You could smell it
                  So you left me on my own
                  To complete the mission
                  Now I'm leaving it all behind
                  I'm going hunting
                  I'm the hunter, I'm the hunter
                  I'm going hunting
                  I'm the hunter
                  Ooh"
                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Queen Janet was the start of two genres of music.
                    New Jack Swing
                    Alternative R&B

Both genres dominated the charts at some point. Impact!!!
                    Diva!!!

Comment

• That is the first time I'm ever watched anything from that show, and it's clear I am missing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                        Queen Janet was the start of two genres of music.
                        New Jack Swing
                        Alternative R&B

Both genres dominated the charts at some point. Impact!!!
                        I don't think I know what alt R&B is - would that be her Velvet Rope era

Comment

• There’s so much beauty in this song and music video.

This was always stunning to me

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I don't think I know what alt R&B is - would that be her Velvet Rope era
                            Yup!
                            Diva!!!

Comment

• Between 1995-1997 (before “The Velvet Rope” was released) … Erykah Badu (“Baduizm”), D’Angelo (“Brown Sugar”) and Aaliyah (“One In A Million”) were the ones that made alternative R&B a thing in music.
                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                But if somebody drug that crypt keeper looking bitch all hell would break loose. Respect black legends.
                                If they can’t respect their own chocolate peers, how are they going to respect chocolate legends?

Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Why does everything have to be about the colour of ones skin on this thread. It’s getting redundant and in poor taste. So what now we use euphemisms such as chocolate, vanilla and caramel. It gets a bit ridiculous. Billboard did away with using that terminology years ago it’s about time, others did as well.

Talent is talent.

Art is COLOUR-BLIND

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                    Between 1995-1997 (before “The Velvet Rope” was released) … Erykah Badu (“Baduizm”), D’Angelo (“Brown Sugar”) and Aaliyah (“One In A Million”) were the ones that made alternative R&B a thing in music.
                                    Those are what we call Neo Soul (Baduizm and Brown Sugar). Aaliyah's One In A Million was R&B. Janet gave us Alternative R&B with Velvet Rope.
                                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Ohhhh now I know who I’m blocking next.
                                      Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Ironic since they shamelessly stan the deplorable orange who’s irreparably damaged race relations here. But that’s all I have to say about that, I refuse to acknowledge this member again in any way shape or form - I don’t need that type of antagonism rn

Yeah, I miss the good members too.
                                        Last edited by Goldmoney; Sat September 25, 2021, 23:07.
                                        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                          Why does everything have to be about the colour of ones skin on this thread. It’s getting redundant and in poor taste. So what now we use euphemisms such as chocolate, vanilla and caramel. It gets a bit ridiculous. Billboard did away with using that terminology years ago it’s about time, others did as well.

Talent is talent.

Art is COLOUR-BLIND
                                          I honestly never paid attention to the color of the skin and I don’t understand the people who do that.

I only care about music. I don’t care about who is black or white.

Comment

Those are what we call Neo Soul (Baduizm and Brown Sugar). Aaliyah's One In A Million was R&B. Janet gave us Alternative R&B with Velvet Rope.
                                            According to you.

Comment

• Katy Perry has to be the most versatile artist the world has ever seen. She is like a hybrid of Joni Mitchell and Madonna.

Comment

Yup!
                                                Dont think I have ever listened to Velvet Rope in full. Janet annoyed me with all those interludes and outerludes on her albums. She went so overboard with them

Comment

• This Shakira song is so breathetaking … the music, the lyrics, the production, the vibe..

It’s haunting, nostalgic and beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

According to you.
                                                    If that's what you want to believe. I know it hurts you to see anything good being thrown at Janet but that's your own insecurities, which is weird because none of your favs are paying you to be this insecure. Its... weird!

You can do your own journalism work to see that I'm not the only one providing this fact, but I doubt you'll actually do that. You'll continue to throw salt at someone you don't like for whatever reason.

Get help Rose!
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X