Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jeanette even dropped the Jackson from her name and added a period to emphasize her withdrawal from that brand.

    Comment


    • ^ And that went on to become her best-selling album yup.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

      Comment






      • Yes Jackson's family Yes talent

        Btw, I've always been interested in the story of Pia Zadora.
        Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          ^ And that went on to become her best-selling album yup.
          The original periodT.

          Comment


          • Trying to attribute Janets success to being Michaels brother is so delusional. No one bought her records because she was Michael Jacksons sister.
            If anyone benefitted from heavy marketing, excellent producers and the pretty angle it would have to be Britney Spears.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
              *The fact that Janet got blacklisted on radio for that split second breast display at the Super Bowl, but Madonna could have a whole Sex book a decade earlier and still get radio play is some kind of hypocrisy.

              *The ageism regarding pop stars is depressing af. Like no matter that she was producing some of her best Music, people were mad at Madge for ... idk, getting older.

              *The fact that some of you feel you have to pick a side when there's so much absolute excellence here is so limiting.

              Certain people are not just picking a side. They are blatantly trolling and trying to antagonize people by referring to Janet as "Michael's sister". I am not the biggest Janet fan in the world but she deserves to be referred to by her own name, at the very least.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

              Comment


              • Ugh hew else has a timeless CHOCOLATE anthem like this?

                Comment


                • The thing was not the success. Once you release something you can’t control if people are going to embrace it or not.

                  The thing is that she would have never gotten a chance or a record deal to launch her career in the music business had she not been Michael’s sister.
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                    Ugh hew else has a timeless CHOCOLATE anthem like this?
                    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                      yikes... those comments were eons ago. There is a video on YT and by 1997 - the latest - they had nothing but good things to say about the other (incl. Mariah / Whitney).

                      If we'd continue to hold grudges we would never be able to listen to anyone anymore. (except Helene Fischer).
                      Please, you and other lambs still talk about the whole I dont know her thing which happened over 20 years ago

                      Also I listen to who I want to, I dont care who said what about who
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                        The thing is that she would have never gotten a chance or a record deal to launch her career in the music business had she not been Michael’s sister.
                        Why do you think so?
                        Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                        Comment


                        • In the U.S., Jeanette. even outsold Dangerous!

                          Comment


                          • And Rhythm Nation 1814 served as inspiration for Dangerous.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              In the U.S., Jeanette. even outsold Dangerous!
                              The better album won.


                              Bad is Michael's best album. Thriller is a very overrated imo.
                              Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                Why do you think so?
                                Unfortunately we don’t know what would have happened if Michael hadn’t happened. The family was rich, priviledged and with a LOT of contacts and connections through the music industry thanks to him. So I have my reason to believe Janet benefitted from that and got the right record deal thanks to it. She was just a rich priviledged girl with connections in the industry.

                                I don’t know why people are so bothered about my opinion though.
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                  Sorry I just don’t think she would have been given the deal or the opportunity in the music business had she not been Michael’s sister. I genuinely believe it.
                                  but it's not genuine... she was a TV star in her own right.
                                  My Chart

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                    Please, you and other lambs still talk about the whole I dont know her thing which happened over 20 years ago

                                    Also I listen to who I want to, I dont care who said what about who
                                    receipts? All I consistently do is praise J.Lo. BUT if people misrepresent the entire context, I speak out.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • This turned into Madonna vs Janet because insecure ass Madonna fans can't help themselves. When I mentioned Janet's name, there was no salt being thrown at Madonna. Some of ha raggedy ass fans just can't help themselves.

                                      Now it's Madonna vs Janet.

                                      Get help!
                                      Diva!!!

                                      Comment


                                      • cheapthrills
                                        cheapthrills commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Usually here for you TI, but there's no need to paint an entire fan base with the same brush.
                                        You know I love both Janet and Madonna!

                                    • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                      Unfortunately we don’t know what would have happened if Michael hadn’t happened. The family was rich, priviledged and with a LOT of contacts and connections through the music industry thanks to him. So I have my reason to believe Janet benefitted from that and got the right record deal thanks to it. She was just a rich priviledged girl with connections in the industry.

                                      I don’t know why people are so bothered about my opinion though.
                                      u are aware that you are talking about black performers... in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s... during a time when not even MTV would play black artists. U act like Joe Jackson bought her a contract (which he most likely did, and she flopped twice in consequence) and that people then only began to buy her stuff bc of MJ.

                                      Control, RN and J were mega smash albums. As someone said, she was more successful than her brother from 1989 on (in the US first and foremost).
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                        This turned into Madonna vs Janet because insecure ass Madonna fans can't help themselves. When I mentioned Janet's name, there was no salt being thrown at Madonna. Some of ha raggedy ass fans just can't help themselves.

                                        Now it's Madonna vs Janet.

                                        Get help!
                                        quoted for truth.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                          u are aware that you are talking about black performers... in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s... during a time when not even MTV would play black artists. U act like Joe Jackson bought her a contract (which he most likely did, and she flopped twice in consequence) and that people then only began to buy her stuff bc of MJ.

                                          Control, RN and J were mega smash albums. As someone said, she was more successful than her brother from 1989 on (in the US first and foremost).
                                          Sorry but by the time Janet started in the business with her music Michael was already a superstar with the groundbreakinng “Off The Wall” and in the middle of phenomenom “Thriller” … He was by far the biggest and richest music star of the moment and by the time she released “Control” Michael was just the most powerful artist in the music industry with lots of connections and power in the industry. All of Michael’s siblings were spoiled after that, even the non-talented ones like LeToya who was even included on “We Are The World” single because Michael said so. The Jacksons were privilidged and rich by the 80s already which was the time Janet made it.

                                          You can’t compare her priviledged conditions with for example what Madonna had to go through before making it (wasn’t she even homeless at one point?)
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                            Sorry but by the time Janet started in the business with her music Michael was already a superstar with the groundbreakinng “Off The Wall” and in the middle of phenomenom “Thriller” … He was by far the biggest and richest music star of the moment and by the time she released “Control” Michael was just the most powerful artist in the music industry with lots of connections and power in the industry. All of Michael’s siblings were spoiled after that, even the non-talented ones like LeToya who was even included on “We Are The World” single because Michael said so. The Jacksons were privilidged and rich by the 80s already which was the time Janet made it.

                                            You can’t compare her priviledged conditions with for example what Madonna had to go through before making it (wasn’t she even homeless at one point?)
                                            i will never understand what Janet has to do with Madonna and why you are bringing her up in every comment?

                                            Janet started her career in the 1970s.
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                              i will never understand what Janet has to do with Madonna and why you are bringing her up in every comment?

                                              Janet started her career in the 1970s.
                                              All of the Jacksons started in the entertainment business as early as the 60s, and The Jackson 5 were successful actually.

                                              However, individually Michael was the very first sibling to have major success in the music business. By 1971 he got his first Top 5 SOLO single on the Billboard Hot 100, by 1972 he got his first SOLO #1 single and by 1979 he changed the music industry with “Off The Wall” by the 80s The Jacksons were rich and priviledged and it’s well known that all of the siblings were spoiled after MJ’s stardom, Michael would give them money, and make calls in the industry for them and help them with projects. Like I said, he even got LeToya into the “We Are The World” single for no other valid or logical reason than being his sister.
                                              Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun September 26, 2021, 18:22.
                                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                                All of the Jacksons started in the entertainment business as early as the 60s, and The Jackson 5 were successful actually.

                                                However, individually Michael was the very first sibling to have major success in the music business. By 1971 he got his first Top 5 SOLO single on the Billboard Hot 100, by 1972 he got his first SOLO #1 single and by 1979 he changed the music industry with “Off The Wall” by the 80s The Jacksons were rich and priviledged and it’s well all of the siblings were spoiled after MJ’s stardom, Michael would give them money, and make calls in the industry for them and help them with projects. Like I said, he even got LeToya into the “We Are The World” single for no other valid or logical reason than being his sister.


                                                2:43
                                                A legendary moment. Legendary shade
                                                Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post



                                                  2:43
                                                  A legendary moment. Legendary shade
                                                  Oh my God that was hilarious and legendary

                                                  … But see what I mean?
                                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X