Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    So, 17,7 million gets you to #10 in the UK alltime... Mariah has certified units of 14,160,000 in the country. I guess that ranks her at ... #15 or something.
    The fact that 3M of those untis are from Xmas Song alone and Moo still couldn't come close to Dua

I think the word is local
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Dua will overtake at the end of Cold Smash's run LOL
      She will never overtake her album sales

Thank you Elton.

Not Mariah stomping on Britney in the UK lol
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

The fact that 3M of those untis are from Xmas Song alone and Moo still couldn't come close to Dua

Jesus if Mariah is local to you on the basis of that list what is Britney? Regional?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Jesus if Mariah is local to you on the basis of that list what is Britney? Regional?
          You are peeing on the wrong tree. I don't curr bout Knee.
          98 - OUT

Comment

• How is Future Nostalgia Tour selling btw? Are all shows sold out or more to the point did Dua sell out those shows as quickly as Billie Eilish?
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

You are peeing on the wrong tree. I don't curr bout Knee.
              Never said you did

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                How is Future Nostalgia Tour selling btw? Are all shows sold out or more to the point did Dua sell out those shows as quickly as Billie Eilish?
                Sold out and she is having to add dates everywhere due to high demand
                98 - OUT

Comment

don't hate success... you either have it, or you don't. AIWFCIY will reach 6xP after this season.... I mean ... not everyone can have a song have sell in excess of 3,6 million copies. That's all legendary stuff... - something you know nothing about, unfortunately.

But maybe... Dua can also have a song that is liked one day. Fingers crossed.
                  My Chart

Comment

Sold out and she is having to add dates everywhere due to high demand
                    You do know people don’t go for the music in those types of quarters right?
                    Greatest
                    Of
                    All
                    Time

Comment

• Listening to U2's latest album which was released in 2017. I missed them, hope they'll release an album soon.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• In terms of profit generation Madonna > Ri

an album went for $20 a pop vs .99 for a single.

Comment

• Rihanna is much richer than Madonna though, thanks to being business savy and good investment.

The only thing Rihanna lacks is a great tour, she could've been the perfect superstar if she was a skilled performer.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            You do know people don’t go for the music in those types of quarters right?
                            Who cares they still bought tickets
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Is Rihanna ever gonna release another album or she's full-on business woman now?
                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• She's a billionaire now. We'll never hear from her again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                  In terms of profit generation Madonna > Ri

an album went for $20 a pop vs .99 for a single.
                                  Times change. How many people was stealing music then? Y'all always trying to take away from the new generation

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                    She's a billionaire now. We'll never hear from her again.
                                    Tea. I have made my peace with her permanent retirement from musique in early 2020 when FN was released and I fully switched from her to Dumpa as my main fave
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Times change. How many people was stealing music then? Y'all always trying to take away from the new generation
                                      lol

In related news, the Vinyl record now accounts for 6% of the entire German music industry again. yay... The market is expected to sell 7-8 million vinyl records in 2021 (+ another 25 million CDs).

Imagine that 20 years ago... Germany was moving around 250 million cds per year... lol
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

lol

In related news, the Vinyl record now accounts for 6% of the entire German music industry again. yay... The market is expected to sell 7-8[ million vinyl records in 2021 (+ another 25 million CDs).

Imagine that 20 years ago... Germany was moving around 250 million cds per year... lol
                                        All that plastic trash yikes. Thank goodness we are better off at least in that regard now.
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

People were stealing music in the very late 90s/early 2000s while Madonna sold hundreds of millions at full price. Mariah sold at 49 cents I recall.

Comment

• Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• IT.ACTUALLY.HAPPENED
                                              Officially ties Kween’s longest running #1 on the Karen chart. Next week gon be a kii.
                                              Greatest
                                              Of
                                              All
                                              Time

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Agree .. Love Madonna but people probably can’t remember like 85% of those 60 or whatever Top 10 UK hits …… Like if people outside of her fanbase would remember UK Top 10 hits: “This Used To Be My Playground”, “American Pie”, “Hollywood”, “Fever”, “Bedtime Story”, “Bad Girl”, “Another Suitcase In Another Hall”, “Rescue Me”, “Drowned World / Substitute For Love”, “I’ll Remember”, “Get Together”, etc, etc, etc ….. Yeah right
                                                This Used To Be My Playground and American Pie are well remembered though. You can tell when people have to name Madonna songs at tv-shows like Pointless.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• This song should be top 1 everywhere
                                                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• ^I love a lot of Rihanna songs, but that's not one of them...
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X