X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Christina is not known as a vocalist by anyone apart from her ten remaining stans LOL

When the GP think of Christina vocally they recall that national anthem performance and then the butchered Whitney tribute.
    Yeah, and GP thinks of Katy Perry as the voice of the generation. Get up, boy, wake up from this illusion of yours.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

It's not really that hard. It's literally the McDonald's of all music markets.

I'd say...

1. Japan
    2. France
    3. Germany

are the three hardest individual music industries to break into.
    Is there any female singer who has more than 5 top 10 in Japan?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    If Xtina would learn anything from Katy Perry I wouldn't be a fan of her anymore.
    Don't compare them vocally, these two are really different levels. One is considered one of the best, the other is average. Moreover, if Xtina recorded something like a Katy Perry discography, I'd cease to be a fan. She put me to the test once. Lotus eats the entire Clown discography anyway. And to compare with her other albums is .. no way. Mercy on Me itself will murder any Katy song.

Compare both Katy Perry with Meghan Trainor, they both record music for kids but not with Christina lol.
    Christina is not known as a vocalist by anyone apart from her ten remaining stans LOL

When the GP think of Christina vocally they recall that national anthem performance and then the butchered Whitney tribute.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I would say that an artist's major market(s) is (are) where an artist achieves their best chart results. The US is a market hard to crack for international artists, agreed.
    It's not really that hard. It's literally the McDonald's of all music markets.

I'd say...

1. Japan
    2. France
    3. Germany

are the three hardest individual music industries to break into.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I think that if people say anything against Mariah Carey's current success, they refer to her current material, not her biggest (catalogue) hit. You have to admit that her last studio album didn't perform as well - and you should know me that I don't have the intention to shade anyone, including Mrs. Carey.
    wait, music by 50 year olds is not smashing like music by 12 year olds which is made for 10 year old gay males and 12 year old straight females with daddy issues?

I am shooketh.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    If Xtina would learn anything from Katy Perry I wouldn't be a fan of her anymore.
    Don't compare them vocally, these two are really different levels. One is considered one of the best, the other is average. Moreover, if Xtina recorded something like a Katy Perry discography, I'd cease to be a fan. She put me to the test once. Lotus eats the entire Clown discography anyway. And to compare with her other albums is .. no way. Mercy on Me itself will murder any Katy song.

Compare both Katy Perry with Meghan Trainor, they both record music for kids but not with Christina lol.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I would say that an artist's major market(s) is (are) where an artist achieves their best chart results. The US is a market hard to crack for international artists, agreed.
    Listen Dua has one of the best performing female albums of the year in the US and is one of the best performing female artists of the year there. If the US is not a major market for her then it is a major market for nobody else. Which makes no sense. Dua has been a major factor in the US since whenever DSN was released.

aRat as a Dua stan would you agree with this ?
    Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 2, 2021, 02:48.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Well, she scored 4 top 10 singles in the UK and the album had 4 weeks at No. 1 there, compared to one top 10 single in the US and a No. 4 peak there. I would say if I had to choose Lipa's major market between the US and the UK, it'd be the latter one.
    Not really seeing the whole picture. The US is an extremely hard market to crack, especially for solo females and Dua is hitting really hard there. To claim that the US is currently not a major market for Dua at the moment is simply incorrect. Dua is a major star in BOTH markets.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Katy could teach the scream queens a thing or too about how to harness your power and unleash it when it counts in a melodic way which enhances the performance.

This whole performances is so amazing, the control, the transitions, the power, the emotion, the head voice, the chest belts, the show stopping sustained note with vibrato. A vocalist.

Also: Global Spotfiy top females 2020
    14 - Katy Perry
    n/a - Christina Aguilera

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Don't listen to any Christina performances especially if you have headache..

We love the legendary singer Christina Iconic Aguilera and we don't love the Biggest Flop (commercially, vocally, creatively) of the last years - Katy Perry.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Well, she scored 4 top 10 singles in the UK and the album had 4 weeks at No. 1 there, compared to one top 10 single in the US and a No. 4 peak there. I would say if I had to choose Lipa's major market between the US and the UK, it'd be the latter one.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

The US is not a major market for Dua Lipa. Her major markets are the UK, Ireland and the Netherland where she's had No. 1 singles before, including this era.
    This is completely incorrect. Dua has been one of the most successful females all year in the US. And has had massive hits there. Who cares whether something went 1 or not. DSN was almost a year in the top ten and is far bigger than all of those cheap number ones this year.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I think that if people say anything against Mariah Carey's current success, they refer to her current material, not her biggest (catalogue) hit. You have to admit that her last studio album didn't perform as well - and you should know me that I don't have the intention to shade anyone, including Mrs. Carey.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Thank you friend. Happy New Year. I have a hangover.
    Don't listen to any Christina performances especially if you have headache..

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

The US is not a major market for Dua Lipa. Her major markets are the UK, Ireland and the Netherland where she's had No. 1 singles before, including this era.
    Well, in Mariah's case... she's been in the top 10 in:

#1 - Australia
    #1 - Austria
    #1 - Canada
    #1 - Czech Republic
    #1 - Germany
    #1 - Hungary
    #1 - Italy
    #1 - Lithuania
    #1 - Netherlands
    #1 - Norway
    #1 - Singapore
    #1 - Slovakia
    #1 - Sweden
    #1 - Switzerland
    #1 - The United Kingdom
    #1 - The United States of America
    #2 - Denmark
    #2 - Finland
    #2 - France
    #2 - New Zealand
    #2 - South Korea
    #3 - Ireland
    #3 - Slovenia
    #4 - Iceland
    #5 - Greece
    #7 - Spain
    #9 - Portugal

... in 2020 / 2021

I would not call that a flop either. (4 continents: North America, Europe, Oceania, Asia)

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Both had #1 singles in 2020... sth dula has never had.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

The usual suspects: Moo and forGaGatten
    Both had #1 singles in 2020... sth dula has never had.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Similar songs:

Which one do you prefer? I have to say that I like both .

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Congrats to Wham/George Michael on finally hitting #1 in the UK, it’s long overdue.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Happy new year, friends. <3

I watched a Maria concert on TV earlier tonight.
    Did you notice around GOAT when Jesus made his guest appearance spewing water? That wasn’t coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    On the first of January (exactly 1 week after Xmas) and on the official end of the holiday season, Kween’s Xmas GOAT spends 5 consecutive weeks at #1 (6 weeks total) in aRatchet’s Hole.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Musically, 2020 was a great year. We've been fed with great albums, hope that trend continues this year. I'm expecting new music from Madino, Kween, Rihanna, Beyoncé and Adele.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Thank you friend. Happy New Year. I have a hangover.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Dua is the queen of NYE and Moo is the queen of Xmas. Everyone wins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X