Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westen View Post

P!nk is the best example of payola, I mean who listens to her these days? She's the biggest sellout in history, has zero artistry and integrity left in her. And unlike Katy I'm pretty sure P!nk was singled out by radio executives recently as artist who uses payola.
    Amen.
    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

ET was that bitch. Still slaps hard.
      I heard it was absolutely massive in South America too.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        At least Jeanette made the most of what she had, meanwhile Herpa says ha ha ha at the end of her songs?
        One of my favorite Janet songs.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Rumors from insiders are that Olive's new album is already in the making and that she will make Sex-Pop.

Maybe we will have to stan after all.
          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Sorry for the delay - first the system was down, and then my wifi was down.

I've moved the last two pages of posts from today.

MrL has been banned for one week for personal attacks. I don't think he was the only bad actor here. I think there is hypocrisy in pushing for his ban when people have turned this thread into a stan and troll haven.

Pop Talk can be a thread where people can bond, and I know many of us have. But I am disheartened by the number of times I check here and see the utter garbage of racism, stanning, stan wars, trolling, and personal attacks. It makes me question if Pop Talk is worth fighting for.

1. For now, if you want to talk about Gaga, Madonna, Katy, Janet, or Mariah, there are a number of artist threads you can use for them instead of this one. It's clear that this thread can't currently handle a discussion of these artists without it turning ugly.
              2. Flag posts, don't engage. No need to derail the thread.
              3. Use the ignore feature. I'm sure I'm a broken record, but take it from someone who is jealous he cannot do the same.
              4. and yes, "Traumatica" is tired. It was cute once. But it's been 18 months. Be Elsa and let it go.

If you have questions regarding the above, feel free to PM.
              Last edited by cheapthrills; Thu October 21, 2021, 02:44. Reason: Reviewed thread

Comment

• This look was so smart. Her sexualizing her image on her frist era to make sure she doesn't get Billie'd for doing it later.

Even her idol Tayloo took a decade to show a bit of skin.
                98 - OUT

Comment

• 41 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

41 years.
                    The dollar store wig though
                    98 - OUT

Comment

The dollar store wig though

Idk much about wigs, but I like her hair. Hot mama

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Thu October 21, 2021, 11:36.

Comment

• Hopefully Billie Eilish will score AOTY, SOTY and ROTY nominations. The album is very good and Happier Than Ever is a brilliant song.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Christina Aguilera has been looking like a plastic doll for a while.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

This look was so smart. Her sexualizing her image on her frist era to make sure she doesn't get Billie'd for doing it later.

Even her idol Tayloo took a decade to show a bit of skin.
                            Billie is doing fine though.
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• My faves are selling out stadium shows so easily.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                Hopefully Billie Eilish will score AOTY, SOTY and ROTY nominations. The album is very good and Happier Than Ever is a brilliant song.
                                I find her album dull as hell.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I find her album dull as hell.
                                  Thots on Adull then?
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• I always forget that Hello was a top 10 on the chocolate singles chart. (mostly because of the insane hype that was hard to ignore). She was also nominated for a Soul Train Award that year (the biggest/most important chocolate awards show in existence ) I wonder if her Marvin Ghey inspired song could do the same if not more.

Comment

I always forget that Hello was a top 10 on the chocolate singles chart. (mostly because of the insane hype that was hard to ignore). She was also nominated for a Soul Train Award that year (the biggest/most important chocolate awards show in existence ) I wonder if her Marvin Ghey inspired song could do the same if not more.

Lil Kim ate

Comment

• Oh lawdt, it’s starting.

Comment

• likeidogoldlink This performance happened on MTV tho.

Comment

likeidogoldlink This performance happened on MTV tho.
                                            Left Eye THE QUEEN
                                            I like this performance, that crowd - no comment

Comment

Thots on Adull then?
                                              I love her deeply. However, her new song is not IT. I only played it 4x so far. I feel like.. it doesn't go anywhere and the production is too mellow for me.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Left Eye THE QUEEN
                                                I like this performance, that crowd - no comment
                                                This was ‘97 so they were prolly perched for the Spice Girls.

Comment

Oh lawdt, it’s starting.
                                                  Why are people still flocking to Miss O for an interview? The woman hates successful women and especially men of colour.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

This was ‘97 so they were prolly perched for the Spice Girls.
                                                    TLC> Spice Girls

Wannabe is a huge classic, but What About Your Friends is one of my favorite songs ever.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X