No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact it is still peaking even though all we thought matching New Rules peak was a complete success, says a lot. Too bad SNL isn't this week or next one. It might give it a good push that it needs.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Don't Start Now is kinda the perfect anti-Corona anthem

Don't show up
      Don't come out
      Don't start caring about me now
      Walk away, you know how
      Don't start caring about me now ('bout me now, 'bout me)

(Whoa, whoa)
      Don't come out (Out, out)
      (Don't show up)
      (Whoa, whoa)
      Don't start now (Oh)
      (Whoa, whoa)
      Don't come out (Out, out)

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Niall saved pop music (again). he is so cute and awesome.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Tbh, I think we're way past the point where we can afford to stifle discussion on this forum. But fine.
          Just a reminder that the Random Thought thread still exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            Just a reminder that the Random Thought thread still exists.
            Yes, sorry. I was in a mood last night, should not have said that.

Comment

Yes, sorry. I was in a mood last night, should not have said that.
              I feel like you should say this more often.

Originally posted by beredy
              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

She is doing nothing though not even a discount.

Don't see #1 happening since Blinding Lights is gonna overtake it in 2 weeks max.
                Now you gon feel what I felt when Conye’s Gold Digger prevented Kween’s Shake It Off from replacing her own GOAT from #1.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  I feel like you should say this more often.

You need rappers like me.

Comment

You need rappers like me.
                    Sis, if you even came near my hole with your Capital Bra or Samra ish...

Comment

• Will the Coronavirus have an effect on the music?

Tours are cancelled, maybe streaming numbers rise (people staying at home = having more time to listen to music) but physical sales will probably drop even more. What do you think?

Comment

Current german rappers are the most cringy and second hand embarrassment inducing creatures I have ever seen. Such things can only have success here coz no other nation would let them happen.

Comment

Good, cause I only stan the queen of rap aka Juju.

Comment

• Tansike Physical sales already dead boo

Comment

Tansike Physical sales already dead boo
                              Why do I feel like this is also Herpa shade

Comment

Current german rappers are the most cringy and second hand embarrassment inducing creatures I have ever seen. Such things can only have success here coz no other nation would let them happen.
                                They are so successful bc our new generation of teens is the offspring of AfD-voters... with no perspectives... no education... and a low IQ. My thesis is that 99% of all people who are willingly listenting to a Capital Bra song, cannot even speak proper German.

The German singles chart is the worst in the world right now...
                                My Chart

Comment

Why do I feel like this is also Herpa shade

Comment

Remember when good rap songs topped your hole?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Will the Coronavirus have an effect on the music?

Tours are cancelled, maybe streaming numbers rise (people staying at home = having more time to listen to music) but physical sales will probably drop even more. What do you think?
                                      This is IMO the worst time to release new music and pull an era ..... streaming numbers will likely rise but other than that artists will struggle to tour and promote, also if things don’t get better in a few months upcoming music award shows that artists use as promotion like the BBMAs or VMAs may be affected too.

Honestly, I hope Beyoncé doesn’t launch a new era now, and Rihanna shouldn’t release anything right now she hasn’t waited 4 years for screwing her era in the mid of the Corona virus mess.
                                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri March 13, 2020, 18:36.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        The German singles chart is the worst in the world right now...
                                        Agreed. The video of all German No. 1 singles of 2019 is basically a collection of embarassments.

MrLeonix : I wouldn't suggest either of them to launch eras at the moment, but yeah, the state of the music industry would be even direr than it already is that way. I'm not scared of buying a CD (yet), the thing is that there's nothing interesting out there or up for a soon release. I'm thinking about Sarah Connor's smash album perhaps... Dua Lipa's record will only have 11 tracks, so I'm not going to spend money on that one as there's going to be a re-release one way or another.
                                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                        and everything you stand for?
                                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Agreed. The video of all German No. 1 singles of 2019 is basically a collection of embarassments.

MrLeonix : I wouldn't suggest either of them to launch eras at the moment, but yeah, the state of the music industry would be even direr than it already is that way. I'm not scared of buying a CD (yet), the thing is that there's nothing interesting out there or up for a soon release. I'm thinking about Sarah Connor's smash album perhaps... Dua Lipa's record will only have 11 tracks, so I'm not going to spend money on that one as there's going to be a re-release one way or another.
                                          It’s simply not the right time to release anything, a bunch of artists are already starting to cancel concerts and in some occasions it’s not because they want but because governments are basically forcing them yo do so.

and the film industry isn’t doing much better, dozens of movies that were due to premiere this and next month were already postponed.
                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• You're right. Though as a chart enthusiast, it will be a pity to have a look at charts and sales at that time, even though they, of course are not a priority at the moment. But basically, Japan dealt with this before when Fukushima was a big thing. If I remember correctly, the No. 1 album only sold a few thousand copies that week.
                                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                            and everything you stand for?
                                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

You're right. Though as a chart enthusiast, it will be a pity to have a look at charts and sales at that time, even though they, of course are not a priority at the moment. But basically, Japan dealt with this before when Fukushima was a big thing. If I remember correctly, the No. 1 album only sold a few thousand copies that week.
                                              Albums sales through ticket bundles may be affected too if concerts keep getting cancelled.

Comment

• Oh, I forgot about the promo. Yeah, that‘s probably the worst part for artists, they can‘t do their promo. iirc Niall already had to cancel some stuff for his new album.

Dua and Lady Gaga are two bigger names that are already affected with upcoming albums.

Comment

uh, girl, 2020 has been dry as fark. I agree. Niall's is the first great release in MONTHS. Alanis will be the next one.

My favs really did go in quarantine this year so far.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

This is IMO the worst time to release new music and pull an era ..... streaming numbers will likely rise but other than that artists will struggle to tour and promote, also if things don’t get better in a few months upcoming music award shows that artists use as promotion like the BBMAs or VMAs may be affected too.

Honestly, I hope Beyoncé doesn’t launch a new era now, and Rihanna shouldn’t release anything right now she hasn’t waited 4 years for screwing her era in the mid of the Corona virus mess.
                                                    Thankfully streaming and airplay is all you need to score hits these days so my fave will not be affected since she excells at both of these

Comment

Thankfully streaming and airplay is all you need to score hits these days so my fave will not be affected since she excells at both of these
                                                      Yeah but only hits .... she won’t likely be able to tour, promote and do the cool stuff of a proper era.

Streaming alone doesn’t make much money either, so artists will suffer economic consequences in the next few months as they’re used to earn millions of dollars through ticket sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yeah but only hits .... she won’t likely be able to tour, promote and do the cool stuff of a proper era.

Streaming alone doesn’t make much money either, so artists will suffer economic consequences in the next few months as they’re used to earn millions of dollars through ticket sales.
                                                        Yeah that's true but my point is that they'll survive somehow. If this virus had happened during the era where physical CDs reigned then things would look really bleak for artists.

Comment

Yeah that's true but my point is that they'll survive somehow. If this virus had happened during the era where physical CDs reigned then things would look really bleak for artists.
                                                          all major world events happened during the physical era. (The longest war in modern history, the cold war happened during the Beatles era and Thriller and look how they turned out...)
                                                          My Chart

Comment

• People still bought albums the week of 9/11.

Except Glitter which Kween still maintains is the reason why it flopped.

Comment

People still bought albums the week of 9/11.

Except Glitter which Kween still maintains is the reason why it flopped.
                                                              At least it gave us this iconic gif

Comment

Working...
                                                              X