Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Dua 12 Grammy submissions, zero nominations. What happened aRat ?
    I thot u didn't curr about Grammys, Katy Perry stan

DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

• Most Grammy noms this year:

8- Justin Bieber & H.E.R,

7-Jon Batiste, Olivia Rodrigo

6-Doja Cat, SZA, and Billie Eillish

5-Lil Nas X

4-Gaga, Kanye, J Cole, Giveon, Silk Sonic

3-Baby Keem/Kendrick

2-Saweetie, Tyler the Creator, Jazmine Sullivan, Jennifer Hudson, Nas and Drake

Notables: Taylor, Cardi, Ed, Meg, DMX, BTS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tragic list except the people in bold

JB and HERpes with the most
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Shocked that Dua has zero. On par with Mariah this year.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Brandi Carlile also has five nominations this year but of course people don't care about her

Comment

• If Olivia Rodrigo gets AOTY I'm moving to Mars

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
              Most Grammy noms this year:

8- Justin Bieber & H.E.R,

7-Jon Batiste, Olivia Rodrigo

6-Doja Cat, SZA, and Billie Eillish

5-Lil Nas X

4-Gaga, Kanye, J Cole, Giveon, Silk Sonic

3-Baby Keem/Kendrick

2-Saweetie, Tyler the Creator, Jazmine Sullivan, Jennifer Hudson, Nas and Drake

Notables: Taylor, Cardi, Ed, Meg, DMX, BTS

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tragic list except the people in bold

JB and HERpes with the most
              Didn't Jon Batitste got 11 noms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

Didn't Jon Batitste got 11 noms?
                I dunno. I copied that list from some gay on ATRL
                98 - OUT

Comment

I dunno. I copied that list from some gay on ATRL
                  You must be living for the Adele lashings that are currently dominating.

Comment

• I am kind of here for the meltdowns if Justin were to win AOTY.

Comment

You must be living for the Adele lashings that are currently dominating.
                      Naur it's trew it's trew
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• They might as well give everyone a nod to maintain their ode to diversity irrespective of any true merits. As posted elsewhere, through its desperate mission to carve out a niche of relevancy they have become highly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Looking forward to hearing Abba mentioned. But if the Grammys were anything like today during all those years Madonna would’ve been recognized by them time and time again which leads one to reckon that a Grammy is just a mere ornament which recognizes more of behind the stage politics than true talent. Every now and then those stars align but more often than not, they don’t.

Comment

Dua 12 Grammy submissions, zero nominations. What happened aRat ?
                          Only goes to show how awful the Grammy nominations are this year. Dua had some of the best mainstream material this year. Biebz getting 8 noms? Yea I'll pass.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Only goes to show how awful the Grammy nominations are this year. Dua had some of the best mainstream material this year. Biebz getting 8 noms? Yea I'll pass.
                            In your opinion.

Justin has had some of the biggest hits of his career with his current material so clearly the GP and the world at large disagrees with your appraisal of his current material. His album got very positive reviews also.

Not surprised Dua didnt get nominated, she had her moment with FN last year, it was unlikely she was going to get nominated again for the same album. Or for the sub par bonus tracks.

Comment

Naur it's trew it's trew
                              The Swifites are having a field day

Comment

Yes king educate him. Levitaing & Love Again alone are much better than everything released from these nominees
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Wow Lady Gaga getting 6 nominations even for Album of the year and Record of the year .. and it’s so obvious she’s winning “Pop duo/group” and “Traditional pop” categories …

… And then she will get another Oscar nomination for “House Of Gucci”

This woman is a modern day legend.
                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri November 26, 2021, 00:54.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

She didn't have many strong chances: anything from the original album was ineligible and the Da Baby Remix was not submitted for obvious reasons. Her only real chances were in the visual media field (video for Love Again and Studio 2054). We're good and the Miley duet were going nowhere.
                                    Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

She didn't have many strong chances: anything from the original album was ineligible and the Da Baby Remix was not submitted for obvious reasons. Her only real chances were in the visual media field (video for Love Again and Studio 2054). We're good and the Miley duet were going nowhere.
                                      Did I miss a rule change? I thought that if the album doesn't win AOTY, later singles could still chart in the upcoming year. That's why U2 could win Record of the Year twice with singles from the same album.
                                      Pro: freedom of speech
                                      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Did I miss a rule change? I thought that if the album doesn't win AOTY, later singles can still get nominated in the upcoming year. That's why U2 could win Record of the Year twice with singles from the same album.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                          If Olivia Rodrigo gets AOTY I'm moving to Mars
                                          I will accompany you. that album is awful.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Did I miss a rule change? I thought that if the album doesn't win AOTY, later singles could still chart in the upcoming year. That's why U2 could win Record of the Year twice with singles from the same album.
                                            It´s been stated for years in the guidelines: if an album wins a performance category (basically every category bar Best New Artist since that one is not tied with one specific song or album), therefore any of its material would be ineligible as an individual track (they´d need to be reworked as a different version to be eligible).
                                            Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Selena in the Latin pop category is funny. She served the worst Spanish in recorded history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

It´s been stated for years in the guidelines: if an album wins a performance category (basically every category bar Best New Artist since that one is not tied with one specific song or album), therefore any of its material would be ineligible as an individual track (they´d need to be reworked as a different version to be eligible).
                                                OK, thanks for the information. I think that's a pity as some albums provide more than one good song and that should be honored as well. But I see that some artists find loopholes in the rules, e.g. Adele's 'Someone Like You' winning 'Best Pop Vocal Performance' in 2012 and then 'Set Fire to the Rain' in the same category in 2013.

Comment

• Danja’s words on Blackout:

”It’s like a foundation for what pop music is now and it’s a bible, it’s an encyclopedia, it’s whatever you want it to be to go back and reference, it set a bar so high that lets you know there’s no boundaries and no matter what if she comes back and does an album 5 years from now she already set a bar that lets you know she is limitless, she’s limitless with that album, she put herself 20 years ahead of everybody .. so that means she can 10 / 5 years from now come back and still pick up where she left off because she already set a bar with this music that is so wild and outrageous and just pushed every boundary that can be pushed that people still are struggling to meet it

​​​​​​​

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Blackout was incredible, but is he saying it sounds like today's music? I'm so confused.

If Danja really thinks that, that may explain why he hasn't hit big with anything in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X