Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theMathematician
    replied
    OT but does what mean that you also support children's literature getting rewritten? 'Pippi Longstocking' initially used to include the n-word and there's a debate whether historic sources should be kept as such or altered for social/political reasons.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

The most unconventional Christmas song out there probably. Don't get the need for the f-line, but it was a different time, I guess.
    Unconventional, but a classic nonetheless. Yes, it was a different time, but views have (luckily) changed and therefor I think it's great the new versions changed that line.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Great song, although I prefer the Ronan Keating version as it changed the anti-gay line.
    The most unconventional Christmas song out there probably. Don't get the need for the f-line, but it was a different time, I guess.

-----

From what I've heard, Franklin never did anything bad and seems like a nice woman. It who Knowles, Williams and Rowland who lead to the band's popularity rising to the next level, but it was wrong place, wrong time for Franklin.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    The first minute of this has me cackling... Farrah from Destiny's Child talking about her presence on Say My Name.

Did you s... did you sin... um.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I'm listening to some Christmas songs out of curiosity and liking what i've heard so far. The Pogues' Fairytale of New York is a masterpiece though.
    Great song, although I prefer the Ronan Keating version as it changed the anti-gay line.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    We love Dula Peep

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The only version of SLOW i use is the video with all the hot men in skimpy swimwear.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

When the greatest pop song meets Disco.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Not Branda Lee outstreaming Mariah on Christmas day by 600k streams in the US
    OMG is that true ? I am shocked.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I have hardly heard All I want for Christmas at all this year. I heard it once or twice tops.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I'm listening to some Christmas songs out of curiosity and liking what i've heard so far. The Pogues' Fairytale of New York is a masterpiece though.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Parkelife View Post

That should be Bublé is everywhere, way more than Mariah this year.
    They both are. But where I live, All I Want For Christmas Is You is used on almost every tv-show these days.

Two of the best voices in music.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The only good thing about the holidays ending is GOAT will become Kween’s most streamed song again!

Leave a comment:

• Parkelife
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Loving the Christmas days.

Mariah is everywhere. Michael Bublé is doing great. Wham! is back in the charts.
    This is heaven.

That should be Bublé is everywhere, way more than Mariah this year.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Loving the Christmas days.

Mariah is everywhere. Michael Bublé is doing great. Wham! is back in the charts.
    This is heaven.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

I still don't quite get how it could become the No. 1 Christmas song in Germany, when it always felt like the No. 3 behind 'Last Christmas' and 'Wonderful Dreams' in terms of popularity. That 'All I Want For Christmas' has had major impact in the US, agreed, but in Germany?
    it's more popular with the younger generation

Leave a comment:

• IDreamed
    replied
    Originally posted by ferrero View Post
    oh really? i cannot imagine Mimi waiving the royalties for the biggest christmas song on earth now

u have the link to the forum post?
    It was done in 2010/2011 while his album was in production, it was agreed with David Foster and Michael and it on the Bungalow fan club forum.

Leave a comment:

• ferrero
    replied
    oh really? i cannot imagine Mimi waiving the royalties for the biggest christmas song on earth now

u have the link to the forum post?

Leave a comment:

• IDreamed
    replied
    Originally posted by ferrero View Post
    stays unbothered because she is collecting royalties from sales of buble's christmas album
    She doesn't thought, it was given royalty free.
    On his official forum there's a post by Michael's Management saying it was a good will gesture from Mariah Carey.

Leave a comment:

• ferrero
    replied
    stays unbothered because she is collecting royalties from sales of buble's christmas album

Leave a comment:

• Rolling
    replied
    Global Spotify:
    https://spotifycharts.com/regional

Bublé has 10 tracks, so again he's doubled Mariah there, and for her album, it was released many years before Bublé and it's just a matter of time before he out sells it.

That's when lambs will have something to moan about.

Even a normal standard album, both released on the same day - Bublé sold more, had more Streams, more video hits. It seems more everything!

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

I still don't quite get how it could become the No. 1 Christmas song in Germany, when it always felt like the No. 3 behind 'Last Christmas' and 'Wonderful Dreams' in terms of popularity. That 'All I Want For Christmas' has had major impact in the US, agreed, but in Germany?
    i think the public has spoken - so whatever your feelings are - the facts are clear and simple.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolling View Post

The actual amount of streams for the 24th was 43,212,688, the only area where Mariah succeeded Bublé was YouTube.
    Success isn't just about one song, it's about all areas.
    He sold more physical albums, digital albums, digital songs across the album and literally millions more streams.
    Reducing Mariah to one song is ridiculous.

On Spotify globally Mariah has 4 songs: (Dec 25)

#1 - AIWFCIY
    #53 - CBPCH
    #81 - OS
    #155 - OHN

5 songs on Dec 24

yadda yadda yadda, so Michael sold more and was streamed more, but you make it seem like Mariah has 0 sales and flopped... lol

Her album, Merry Xmas (1994) is currently charting in 16 international albums charts (8x Top 10).

Incl: major markets such as: USA, Canada, Australia, Italy, Netherlands, and the entirety of Scandinavia.

Leave a comment:

• Rolling
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

See that's the difference from albums artists like Michael Buble and lil quick singles acts like Mariah
    The actual amount of streams for the 24th was 43,212,688, the only area where Mariah succeeded Bublé was YouTube.
    Success isn't just about one song, it's about all areas.
    He sold more physical albums, digital albums, digital songs across the album and literally millions more streams.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Not it doing the best in our hole

Leave a comment:

Working...
X