No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In exactly one month from now, GOAT turns 15 years ol. Still planning out the celebrations atm.
    Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Beyoncé really ate the 2000s up

Halo 745M
      Crazy in love 451M
      say my name 370M( released in 99, peaked in the 2000s)
      irreplaceable 300M
      If I were a boy 288M
      Single ladies 287M
      Survivor 216M
      Jumpin Jumpin 140M
      Baby Boy 132M
      independent 124M (this should have 200M tbh. It was number for 11 weeks )
      Bootylicious 114M
      sweet Dreams 107M

Check On God 43.5M (this is why I hate the GP, this should easily be at 600M)
      Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sun March 1, 2020, 05:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        All embedding options are now not available? I wanted to share a video in the 80's discussion but I can only provide a link I guess.

https://youtu.be/Ki78MK9JywE
        I still haven’t figured out how to embed pics lol

Comment

• BeeBoy MrLeonix KEY9481 we don't discuss this performance enough, this was her beauty peak this night. Pregnancy Glow>

​​​​​​​

Comment

• @Aaronsmithjune1: Streaming results alone do not determine whether a song is a hit or not .

Comment

• Now that Gaga is officially back, i'm looking forward to new music from Beyoncé, Rihanna and Adele.

And of course the possible album of the year, Dua Lipa.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                Now that Gaga is officially back, i'm looking forward to new music from Beyoncé, Rihanna and Adele.

I'm rooting for Mariah to come out with MC16.
                My Chart

Comment

• aRat
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    @Aaronsmithjune1: Streaming results alone do not determine whether a song is a hit or not .
                    But it helps to figure out what's Forgotten/Remembered

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                      BeeBoy MrLeonix KEY9481 we don't discuss this performance enough, this was her beauty peak this night. Pregnancy Glow>

​​​​​​​
                      Some people say Beyoncé isn't really "beautiful" but IMO she's always been a beautiful stunning woman with a very goddess-like and statuesque body and physical appearance. She really is inside and looks outside like a true musical exotic goddess.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                        @Aaronsmithjune1: Streaming results alone do not determine whether a song is a hit or not .
                        It definitely gives you an idea .. And we can't deny that. When we see an old song from from 20, 30 or even 40 years ago with 300milliom or 500million or even 1 billion streams it's a great sign that indicates people are coming back to the song and playing it until today, the song remains remembered over time. On the contrary when we see an old hit song with very low streams it's quite a bad sign that indicates the song is stuck in that time and doesn't have as much traffic anymore.
                        Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun March 1, 2020, 15:33.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm rooting for Mariah to come out with MC16.
                          If it'll be as good as Caution, i'm in
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• MrLeonix : I personally don't mind certain songs being hits of their time and not being omnipresent even years or decades after their release. For example some of the Guetta/Harris songs in the early 10s: They made sense at the time of their release, but I don't mind people having moved on from there. In contrast, some songs you once used to like can end up pretty nerve-wrecking due to excessive rotation (e.g. In Germany, 'Atemlos' by Helene Fischer was inescapable for a whole year as that song ended up becoming the soundtrack for every yet to random event in Germany- it was a horror.').

The funny thing is the following:
                            Streaming pops up: 'Now the charts will be more diverse and fast-paced because the people have access to a broader share of music beyond the mainstream range.'
                            Streaming impacts: 'The people listen to the same handful of songs on and on, which hang on the charts for ages. Everything beyond the even smaller mainstream range, dedicated to a small part of the demographic, struggles to reach a decent peak.'
                            #Mission_not_accomplished

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                              Finally
                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                Now that Gaga is officially back, i'm looking forward to new music from Beyoncé, Rihanna and Adele.

There is no possible there. Future Legend WILL BE the album of the year.

Goldmoney I have played Cushion in full once so you better stream Future Grammys from start to finish when it drops
                                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Guys correct me if I’m wrong ..... but out of all of the songs from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s decades these are the 20 most streamed by female artists on Spotify right?

Female artists (including female groups or bands with female vocalists as lead artists):

1. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You - 671,991,869

2. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - 510,626,447

3. TLC - No Scrubs - 439,971,229

4. Spice Girls - Wannabe - 439,220,101

5. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody - 413,513,767

6. The Cranberries - Zombie - 411,980,274

7. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - 378,316,569

8. Destiny’s Child - Say My Name - 370,393,021

9. ABBA - Dancing Queen - 361,846,164

10. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car - 350,638,501

11. 4 Non Blondes - What’s Up? - 325,951,958

12. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart - 314,702,006

13. Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me - 291,930,859

14. No Doubt - Don’t Speak - 285,767,901

15. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - 284,701,253

16, Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 272,436,861

17. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn - 267,432,910

18. Aretha Franklin - Respect - 258,201,403

19. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive - 252,046,417

20. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time - 248,023,329

Solo Female Songs:

1. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
                                  2. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
                                  3. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
                                  4. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
                                  5. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
                                  6. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
                                  7. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
                                  8. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
                                  9. Aretha Franklin - Respect
                                  10. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    In exactly one month from now, GOAT turns 15 years ol. Still planning out the celebrations atm.
                                    Can't believe it's that long ago.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• OMG, MrLeonix, sis, you’re actually giving Kween her props?!

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        Guys correct me if I’m wrong ..... but out of all of the songs from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s decades these are the 20 most streamed by female artists on Spotify right?

Female artists (including female groups or bands with female vocalists as lead artists):

1. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You - 671,991,869

2. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - 510,626,447

3. TLC - No Scrubs - 439,971,229

4. Spice Girls - Wannabe - 439,220,101

5. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody - 413,513,767

6. The Cranberries - Zombie - 411,980,274

7. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - 378,316,569

8. Destiny’s Child - Say My Name - 370,393,021

9. ABBA - Dancing Queen - 361,846,164

10. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car - 350,638,501

11. 4 Non Blondes - What’s Up? - 325,951,958

12. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart - 314,702,006

13. Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me - 291,930,859

14. No Doubt - Don’t Speak - 285,767,901

15. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - 284,701,253

16, Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 272,436,861

17. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn - 267,432,910

18. Aretha Franklin - Respect - 258,201,403

19. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive - 252,046,417

20. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time - 248,023,329

Solo Female Songs:

1. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
                                        2. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
                                        3. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
                                        4. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
                                        5. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
                                        6. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
                                        7. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
                                        8. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
                                        9. Aretha Franklin - Respect
                                        10. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
                                        So these songs can slay spotify but songs that's supposed to be iconic can have less than 10 million and still be considered iconic/Remembered?

Comment

• Again, don't spend too much time trying to argue whether a song is iconic or not based on streaming results! It saves you not only nerves but precious time. That's one of the reasons why I've heavily decreased the usage of words like 'flop' in the chart analysis section and instead stick with objective numbers, stats and facts. I can live without the drama and 10 people could deny an album being iconic or a flop, a fact (e.g. biggest drop from No. 1 etc.) is independent from points of view. So you can always tell whether you like a song or not, but I'd suggest you not to try to objectify a subjective rating - in a public forum, 10 people will always have 10 different opinions on that.

Comment

• I’m Too Sexy has paltry YT views and I don’t think its streams are that much better, but everybody knows that song.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

There is no possible there. Future Legend WILL BE the album of the year.

Goldmoney I have played Cushion in full once so you better stream Future Grammys from start to finish when it drops
                                              I’d rather you had given those ten spins to GOAT. And you ain’t done nothing without some receipts boo.

Comment

• WBT could be released today and still smash. It hasn't aged a bit. Same with Fantasy remix & Hero.

BeeBoy she booked 2 nights at Emirates Old Trafford for Manchester.

London stadium 2×
                                                Emirates Old Trafford 2×
                                                Stadium of light 2×
                                                Stade de France

Comment

• I won't get my hopes up gerl. They better have something up their sleeve if they want to sell out stadiums in 3 months though, in places where she frequently tours since 2013 and no B7 in sight. She can probably sell out one night off her name alone but they need something to sell the second nights.
                                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                    I won't get my hopes up gerl. They better have something up their sleeve if they want to sell out stadiums in 3 months though, in places where she frequently tours since 2013 and no B7 in sight. She can probably sell out one night off her name alone but they need something to sell the second nights.
                                                    Apparently B7 is coming thus summer to. But I also kinda think a 2021 tour would be much better. As you said she's been draining these places since 2013. Maybe something like this

September (South America)2020
                                                    November (Oceania & Africa)2020
                                                    March (Asia) 2021
                                                    April (North America) 2021
                                                    June (Europe) 2021

Comment

Working...
                                                    X