The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

selling 5,000,000+ albums in Germany sounds local to you? I don't understand your point.
    A German act selling a lot in Germany = local.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

A German act selling a lot in Germany = local.
      Maybe it's worth a mention that they also sell a lot outside of Germany. Their latest album even reached the Top10 on the US Billboard Top200 in 2019, which is something that basically never happens these days (a rock album sung in German reaching Top10s all over the world). So they're surely not as local as Helene Fischer, Grönemeyer or Sarah Connor for example.

Comment

• I think both arguments have a point. Of course, their major markets are GAS-based, so they are not going platinum or something in other countries. But they still managed to sell hundreds of thousands of copies worldwide, which is something other successful German acts do not.
        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
        and everything you stand for?
        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Maybe it's worth a mention that they also sell a lot outside of Germany. Their latest album even reached the Top10 on the US Billboard Top200 in 2019, which is something that basically never happens these days (a rock album sung in German reaching Top10s all over the world). So they're surely not as local as Helene Fischer, Grönemeyer or Sarah Connor for example.
          But it sold hardly anything in the US. The only reason it made the Top 10 was because sales were completely dead! It only moved 28k album equivalent units that week..

Comment

• Peak positions alone are not an achievement, that is correct. There are albums peaking in the top 10 charting for a handful of week and ones not going there but charting for a year or two. I think Tansike meant that GAS (I think including Austria and Switzerland there makes sense) artists hardly try to go for an international career, so that would be alone some slight achievement. A few years ago, Milky Chance had their debut album released abroad and apparently, it even reached platinum in the US.

Comment

But it sold hardly anything in the US. The only reason it made the Top 10 was because sales were completely dead! It only moved 28k album equivalent units that week..
              an albums SUNG in GERMAN...

It's also not true that they do not sell anything to certification in the non-German language world:

USA:
              1997 - 1xP - 1,000,000 - Sehnsucht
              1999 - Gold - 50,000 - Live aus Berlin (Video)

Canada:
              1997 - 1xP - 100,000 - Sehnsucht

UK:
              1997 - Silver - 60,000 - Sehnsucht
              2001 - Gold - 100,000 - Mutter
              2004 - Gold - 100,000 - Reise Reise
              2005 - Silver - 60,000 - Rosenrot

France:
              2009 - Gold - 50,000 - Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
              2017 - Gold - 7,500 - Paris Live (Video)
              2019 - Gold - 50,000 - Untitled

Belgium:
              2001 - Gold - 25,000 - Mutter
              2009 - Gold - 15,000 - Liebe Ist für Alle Da
              2011 - Gold - 15,000 - Made in Germany
              2019 - Gold - 15,000 - Untitled

Spain:
              2001 - 3xP - 300,000 - Mutter

Mexico:
              2001 - Gold - 75,000 - Mutter

As I was saying: They have sold around 5 to 5,5 million albums in Germany (6 million units including DVDs) and in total around 10 - 12 million albums / incl. DVDs globally. Not bad for a German language Heavy Metal band. They were even mentioned in the TV show ... Gilmore Girls. lol. Their biggest song is "Du Hast"... which has probably sold 1-1,5 million units globally. They have probably sold 15 million records around the world in total. (and grossed $400-500 million in touring).
              My Chart

Comment

• The Scorpions are my fave German band...They have had 8 albums being certified in the US... the biggest one 3xP. And they are legends in France with 9 album certs.
                My Chart

Comment

• Rammstein are not even particularly heavy metal - this music is very accessible. This is something like rock Pink would record.

Comment

Rammstein are not even particularly heavy metal - this music is very accessible. This is something like rock Pink would record.

Lol. This is one of their most commercial songs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Lol. This is one of their most commercial songs though.
                      Which just happened to be one of the singles from that US Top 10 album!! No surprise there

Comment

• I don't like their music at all, but Rammstein is also very famous here in the Netherlands.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                          I don't like their music at all, but Rammstein is also very famous here in the Netherlands.
                          Are they played on the radio ?

Comment

• I think Rammstein are fairly popular throughout the Europe. I know a lot of people who listen to them. Maybe not actively all the time, but they know their stuff. They would definitely sell out her if they did a show.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Having dreamt of releasing my own album all my life, I would be so happy if my album made the charts at all. I don't need big fame and I don't know if I even wanted it...

Comment

• Du Hast actually got radio play in the US. I can't think of any song in German that has been on the radio since that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                  Du Hast actually got radio play in the US. I can't think of any song in German that has been on the radio since that one.
                                  You would have to go back to Rock Me Amadeus to get something in aRatchet’s tongue that received any sort of airplay in the U.S. It even reached #6 on the U.S. black singles chart for some mind boggling reason.
                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Well gyals, here is mom and me at the cenotes in Mexico recently, lawdddddd it's nice to be out of quaranqueen.

https://i.imgur.com/dHrX0gL.jpg?1

Comment

• Again posting the same picture you posted a day ago (saying it's freshly out of quarantine) after you posted this pic months ago?

You're making it so easy to label you as fake and I actually think Hejira was completely right saying you're a duplicate account of a certain user. Feel bad for the guy whose pics you are using.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• InFamous
                                        InFamous commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I know you are referring to me with your "certain user" comment so let me address. No, I am not Vespertine, and I do not have any dupe accounts on UKMIX. I have also been fooled as he sent me other explicit pics of this same guy claiming to be him. And man do I feel dumb for standing up for you and having your back last week when you were under attack.

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                      Feel bad for the guy whose pics you are using.
                                      But thanks for using the pictures of a hot daddy.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I don't see evidence on the back-end that vespertine and Infamous are the same.

Comment

• Maybe vespertine can explain for himself why he posted the same pic as he did the week he joined claiming it is a just out of quarantine pic ?
                                          Did you really expect anyone to forget those legs and those wet shorts ?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                              Ok so who are you on ATRL ?

Comment

• COVID-19 does seem to be laying waste to a lot of celeb relationships.

Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [80-76]
                                                Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [Starting 12/16]
                                                Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [Starting 12/24]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                                  COVID-19 does seem to be laying waste to a lot of celeb relationships.

It's just not healthy to spend all that time with one person. Quarantine and lockdowns etc severely limited the amount of "me" time someone has in a relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X