No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get your point. I love statistics and being able to categorize and systematize all kinds of things, which reaches its limits with human beings simply complex being. I can't shake that pattern off of me, but at least I can promise you that I'll try to look between the lines a bit more often ;) .
    I see that sexuality is a complex issue, too, and to be honest, your post only makes me want to know more about it from a scientific point of view.
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
      Hasn't it just happened yet or are you waiting for that special someone?
      The former. I find that I'm attracted to men, but I don't like most of them. Men generally skew closer to trash than women, imo.
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      @MrLeonix: I don't know whether you're more of a fun or more of a relationship kind of guy, but you imagine to go versatile for a relationship or does a partner have to be a bottom for you to make the relationship work?
      It depends, when I meet someone special then I can be that relationship guy of course, but when I don’t have someone who gives me that vibe then I just like to play around and have fun. And nope, I don’t imagine going versatile, my partner has to be a bottom in order to sexually work for me.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Happy 1st of August!

It‘s National Holiday over here so we‘re celebrating with fireworks and stuff.
      YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I just think you are too obsessed with putting people into different boxes and labelling them according to your perceived notion of how people should be. Maybe I will meet someone tomorrow and decide to see where things can go with him and stop seeing the other guys I am currently seeing. Like you cannot plan every single facet of your life, it's not realistic. Regarding the top/bottom thing again there are no rules, I am almost always top but if I am seeing someone that I really like I have a little room to compromize, I am at least willing to try. Also women cannot really be top, unless they use a strap on so inherently the whole concept of top and bottom is fundamentally a gay term in the first place.
        That's such a german phenomenon LOL. Though he seems to be a more severe case of a box thinker.
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

It's clear you have never so much as listened to any track on the Purpose album if you think IDGAF in any way fits on it.
          OT - I do agree that IDGAF is trash. I hate it.
          Sis it's a Love Yourself clone.

Comment

• Isnt 'Love Yourself' like an accoustic ballad and 'IDGAF' is not?
            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
            and everything you stand for?
            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              Isnt 'Love Yourself' like an accoustic ballad and 'IDGAF' is not?
              IDGAF is a more upbeat version of Love Yourself

Comment

• theMathematician
                theMathematician commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried to find the similes, but to me, this mash up sounds pretty messy - and they already slowed down 'IDGAF'.

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

The former. I find that I'm attracted to men, but I don't like most of them. Men generally skew closer to trash than women, imo.
              Don't know if this means anything to you but the first time usually isn't that special like everyone makes it out to be. It wasn't for me at least. It was with some random dude after a uni party. I don't remember that much but I was the top and it was very quick LOL.

Sex gets much better the more you do it and learn about yourself and the things you really like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                Happy 1st of August!

It‘s National Holiday over here so we‘re celebrating with fireworks and stuff.
                Happy 1st of August!!

I hope there are still enough fireworks to watch today because many towns don‘t allow it (it‘s too dry)

Comment

How come? Did something specific happen?

By the way good to see you post more often. I was wondering where you dissapeared for a while.
                  Agreed about the second part. Also, where is MusicRecords?

I feel like more and more frequent posters disappear or post less. And to be honest, I also started to lose some interest in this and keep posting less (even keep delaying my personal charts, which has been my top priority for several years).

Comment

I think its important to point out that none of the allegations are placed at Ellen herself, but at people who worked for her. Not a fan of hers or anything but it's an important difference.
                    People who've met her also say she is a horrible and rude person.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Agreed about the second part. Also, where is MusicRecords?

I feel like more and more frequent posters disappear or post less. And to be honest, I also started to lose some interest in this and keep posting less (even keep delaying my personal charts, which has been my top priority for several years).
                      Thanks Tansike, you're one of my fave posters here. Always very nice and kind.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I hated PE, but didn't have to go as I used to swim so if you did sports you could have had a free pass and just show up on the last day to do some exercises to get a grade.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• theMathematician
                          theMathematician commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Jealousy!

• beredy
                          beredy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just noticed this went to the wrong thread. LOL.

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

People who've met her also say she is a horrible and rude person.
                        There are always going to be some people in the world who think a certain person is rude and horrible.

Comment

• There has been a whole outpour of negative stories that are literally about her as a person, not the show.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• I don't buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                              There has been a whole outpour of negative stories that are literally about her as a person, not the show.
                              Yes, I was shocked about it as I always thought her to be kind/nice. But now she's saying like it's all down to the people who work for her, while I've only read negative stories about herself.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Don't know if this means anything to you but the first time usually isn't that special like everyone makes it out to be. It wasn't for me at least. It was with some random dude after a uni party. I don't remember that much but I was the top and it was very quick LOL.

Sex gets much better the more you do it and learn about yourself and the things you really like.
                                My first time was great, (but I have to say it wasn't the first time for my partner). If I did have any doubts back then, from that moment I was sure I am gay.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The whole Ellen thing has been a long time coming. Even as a host, she’s so detached and uninterested in almost everyone she sits across from. You can see it in her eyes she’s elsewhere, just waiting for whoever to shut up so she ask the next question on her list - total disconnect. Plus when any of her guests show an announce of personality or they’re doing a game or whatever, she is snappy to the point of being rude - so I totally believe all the stories coming out.
                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                    The whole Ellen thing has been a long time coming. Even as a host, she’s so detached and uninterested in almost everyone she sits across from. You can see it in her eyes she’s elsewhere, just waiting for whoever to shut up so she ask the next question on her list - total disconnect. Plus when any of her guests show an announce of personality or they’re doing a game or whatever, she is snappy to the point of being rude - so I totally believe all the stories coming out.
                                    I agree. She always came across like a snake. She humiliated plenty a guest on her show as well.
                                    "Lift up your head
                                    Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• There are negative stories out there about every celebrity. People just choose to believe the ones about people they don't like and make excuses for the people they like.

Comment

• I can remember when she came for Céline and the fact that she allowed her son to grow his hair and Céline gracefully made her shut her gob.

It's a shame as she's been SO successful and so see an LGBT+ figure be as successful as she has been, in dreadful circumstances (early in her career), is amazing - so if she is a total cow as is being suggested, then that's just very sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

I can remember when she came for Céline and the fact that she allowed her son to grow his hair and Céline gracefully made her shut her gob.

It's a shame as she's been SO successful and so see an LGBT+ figure be as successful as she has been, in dreadful circumstances (early in her career), is amazing - so if she is a total cow as is being suggested, then that's just very sad.
                                          Yes I remember that. I mean why would she even say something like that? it's just rude! And Celine handled that very well.

There's also the interview where she tried to force Mariah to admit she was pregnant by pressuring her to drink alcohol...I mean what the hell?
                                          "Lift up your head
                                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I can remember when she came for Céline and the fact that she allowed her son to grow his hair and Céline gracefully made her shut her gob.

Oh come on that was harmless! And Celine is well able to talk too. Personally I always find the interaction between a lot of US TV show hosts and their guests completely cringey. They struggle to have any sort of normal conversation.

Comment

Oh come on that was harmless! And Celine is well able to talk too. Personally I always find the interaction between a lot of US TV show hosts and their guests completely cringey. They struggle to have any sort of normal conversation.
                                              It was an example of her abrasive interview style - Céline got so much stick for allowing her son to grow his hair out so I was pleased she shut Ellen down.

Here's the Mariah interview...

Comment

It was an example of her abrasive interview style - Céline got so much stick for allowing her son to grow his hair out so I was pleased she shut Ellen down.

And Mariah miscarried a few weeks after that if I'm not mistaken.
                                                It's simply mean girl behaviour.
                                                "Lift up your head
                                                Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Abrasive interview style? So what about Oprah, what about Diane Sawyer? Barbara Walters? Ellen is a breeze next to those three. Also seeing as Mariah went back in the Ellen show numerous times after that she clearly had no issue with that and it was probably arranged in advance as a little thing they would do.

Comment

• I don't think Ellen is the worst comedian on TV, but there are two things she did recently that made me raise my eyebrows. I thought it was really weird that she didn't have the Moonlight cast on her show after their Best Picture win. As the biggest LGBT figure in her arena, that was an interesting move, especially considering how a year later she had super long segments with Timothee and Armie for Call Me by Your Name.

Then her inviting Kevin Hart and accepting his non-apology for his cruel, violent homophobic jokes on behalf of the LGBT community. I unsubscribed to her YouTube channel after that, tbh.
                                                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

• Mariah coming back after that has nothing to do with it. It's about that specific moment that was just all sorts of wrong, and it's typically Ellen. You can't condone such behaviour no matter if it was a joke or not (which it wasn't and it wasn't planned also).
                                                      But I'm not surprised...
                                                      "Lift up your head
                                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Working...
                                                      X