• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    The purchases I regret are:

- Alicia Keys - As I Am
    - the BEP - Monkey Business
    - Shakira - Sale El Sol
    - Nelky Furtafo - Whoa, Nelly!
    Wtf these are great albums! Some all-time favorites of mine.

Comment

• Has anyone watched "The Social Dilemma" on netflix ? Documentary about social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
        Visiting your hole this weekend, aRat. You ready?

Two bottoms don't make a top.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Good boy, stevyy! As a child, I had a phase when I bought an album like once a week and when I realized that I wasn't liking some of them, I ended up reselling them. These day, I put quality over quantity and although I don't pre-listen, I don't regret most of my purchases.

The purchases I regret are:
          - Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
          - Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
          - Usher - Confessions
          - Beyoncé - Dangerously In Love
          - Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again
          - Leona Lewis - Spirit
          - Destiny's Child - Survivor

Some of them had solid singles, but the albums just weren't it.
          Are you trying to get banned and be hated!!!!!????
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• The ones you quoted, Preyoncé , are the type of albums I only come back for for the singles because the rest just wasn't it, sorry. In some cases, I gave the artist a 2nd chance and they ended up positively surprising me with e.g. Britney Spears' 'In The Zone' or Beyoncé's 'Beyoncé' being among my favorite albums.
            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
            and everything you stand for?
            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Fake it till you make it

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                Has anyone watched "The Social Dilemma" on netflix ? Documentary about social media.
                Is it any good?

I don't have any positive opinions about social media really. I only use messengers to stay in contact with people but don't participate in any social media platforms. Any time I try to give them a chance again I am immediately thrown off by the fakeness, shallowness and vapidness.

I can't imagine such platforms being any good for anyone's mental health and self confidence tbh.
                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                98 - OUT

Comment

• Totally agreed, aRat!

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

We're obviously straight-passing masc4masc top bros.

Comment

• I ordered a package and guess whose hole it’s coming from? No, it’s not aRatchet’s.
                      Originally posted by beredy
                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Girl, what did you order from Turkey?

Well, since our currency has no value at all, it's one of the cheapest countries for Euro and Dollar using countries
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                          Is it any good?

I don't have any positive opinions about social media really. I only use messengers to stay in contact with people but don't participate in any social media platforms. Any time I try to give them a chance again I am immediately thrown off by the fakeness, shallowness and vapidness.

I can't imagine such platforms being any good for anyone's mental health and self confidence tbh.
                          I don't disagree, especially when it comes to those apps where most people tend to present a fake, polished, perfect skin, always fun, always happy and healthy picture of themselves (Facebook / Instagram). I have both, but barely use them.

I think they're not as bad if you set them up as private and only use them to follow / stay in touch with a very limited number of people that you actually care about. Like former school friends who've moved to a different city and where you wouldn't really know what's going on in their lives rn if it wasn't for those apps. This way, you see them post a story every once in a while and know they're fine (or alive at least). I follow a few former Ukmixers for the same reason. Only one celebrity (Rih, because I want to know about R9 the minute she surprise drops it in 2023) and no influencers though.

I'm also a fan of Snapchat and Twitter. Snap is more about sharing your real, often ugly and monotonous life and Twitter about sharing information / ideas imo. I know that Twitter is problematic as well (fake news, give a platform to people like Trump), but at least Dorsey makes an effort (unlike Zuckerberg with Facebook / Whatsapp).

Comment

• It's your business of course, but I've grown to become pretty patient when it comes to releases by artists I like. I can wait for weeks until I buy them and that's good because if you still care about them weeks after their release, it's not just an impulse but serious interest. So I'd suggest you to take your time with an eventual R9 release ;) .

Comment

We're obviously straight-passing masc4masc top bros.
                              That statement is like 3 weeks past its best before use. You can't fool me now.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It's your business of course, but I've grown to become pretty patient when it comes to releases by artists I like. I can wait for weeks until I buy them and that's good because if you still care about them weeks after their release, it's not just an impulse but serious interest. So I'd suggest you to take your time with an eventual R9 release ;) .
                                The cynicism.

I've waited for 5 YEARS. I've suffered withdrawal symptoms. Trust me I've considered the purchase very carefully. I've literally DREAMT about clicking buy on R9. It is NOT going to be an impulse buy.

And I also do NOT need a repeat of 2016 where I was hours late to the party and truthless literally had to call me because I was completely CLUELESS about the fact that the album of the decade had just dropped. I had to RUN home DRUNK in the middle of the night from a party halfway across town. I fell and scraped my knee for Anti. It CAN'T happen again. And that's why I follow Rihsus on social media now.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Only a superfan is going to bother doing that. Did you purchase the Japanese version of Caution to listen to Runway or did you just play it illegally online?
                                  I bought it.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I hardly regret any CD I bought.

About social media, I love it.

Instagram: I love taking pictures of our pets and I enjoy sharing them and feel grateful I get appreciated for it by so many followers.

As for Twitter, I only use it to share thoughts while watching TV. It is fun to share opinions when enjoying a show.

Facebook is my favourite platform. I only allow people I know to join though. This way I can share all the ridiculous fun stories as well as the difficult times we went through. We got so much support when my husband was dealing with cancer. Also, I have friends and family all over the world and this is a great way to share parts of our lives.
                                    Last edited by RayRay; Sat September 12, 2020, 20:48.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Is it any good?

I watched it after I posted. I wanted to see if anyone had seen it before I pressed play. Yeah it was a decent watch.

Comment

It's your business of course, but I've grown to become pretty patient when it comes to releases by artists I like. I can wait for weeks until I buy them and that's good because if you still care about them weeks after their release, it's not just an impulse but serious interest. So I'd suggest you to take your time with an eventual R9 release ;) .
                                        Again for the millionth time We are in the streaming era.

Comment

And I also do NOT need a repeat of 2016 where I was hours late to the party and truthless literally had to call me because I was completely CLUELESS about the fact that the album of the decade had just dropped. I had to RUN home DRUNK in the middle of the night from a party halfway across town. I fell and scraped my knee for Anti. It CAN'T happen again. And that's why I follow Rihsus on social media now.
                                          You mean 'ANTI', don't you? I somehow stopped bothering about Rihanna's albums with 'Talk That Talk' :( . I own 'A Girl Like Me', 'Rated R' and 'Loud'. I bought 'Good Girl Gone Bad' back in the day, but it got lost somehow and I never found it or bought it again ever since.

InFamous amous: Then replace 'impulse purchase' with 'impulse consumption' and it applies to all formats of consumption! Same thing basically... When I was younger, I had to consume things as soon as they were published as well. These days, I'm pretty resilient about it and really take my time to check whether the interest is big enough to consume something new. I can't speak for others, but it works for me.

Comment

• ^ The difference being impulse consumption is free.
                                            Why would you wait weeks to listen to something that's just sitting there waiting to be clicked on.

Comment

• At the rate albums are dying with sales in the streaming age, I wonder if they considered releasing a physical a whole week before the digital release? Maybe that will get more album sales?
                                              Or maybe an exclusive physical album release (like the good ol days). Like with Beychella, release the digital months later.
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                                At the rate albums are dying with sales in the streaming age, I wonder if they considered releasing a physical a whole week before the digital release? Maybe that will get more album sales?
                                                Or maybe an exclusive physical album release (like the good ol days). Like with Beychella, release the digital months later.
                                                The fact that Billboard have now closed the door on tour bundles and merch bundles is going to change numbers so much going forward. I mean some albums in the top 10 in the US are selling less than 2000 copies in pure sales ( physical or digital ) It really seems impossible to change that trend now. A very select group of artists can sell actual albums these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                                  At the rate albums are dying with sales in the streaming age, I wonder if they considered releasing a physical a whole week before the digital release? Maybe that will get more album sales?
                                                  Albums will leak the moment they are released physically, you have to choose between illegal downloads and official streams.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Albums will leak the moment they are released physically, you have to choose between illegal downloads and official streams.
                                                    True that. It’s a sad state. Streaming has totally F up the industry.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X