The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post

True that. It’s a sad state. Streaming has totally F up the industry.
    I only feel bad for Indie bands, out faves earn tons of money from royalties, touring, merchandise, endorsements, ads, etc.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

I only feel bad for Indie bands, out faves earn tons of money from royalties, touring, merchandise, endorsements, ads, etc.
      It’s really the current A list artists that coin it. Veteran artists that are no longer chart toppers are stuffed
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Men aren't real, right? 'Cause they just can't be.
        Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#5]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
          Men aren't real, right? 'Cause they just can't be.
          Yes they are and we love to see and taste them

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
          98 - OUT

Comment

Men aren't real, right? 'Cause they just can't be.
            What happened ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              What happened ?
              I was on an app () last night and I came across this guy. We exchanged numbers, had a great chat on the phone for two hours, committed to continuing the convo and maybe meeting up () later. So I message him this afternoon and no response. I can see from the app that he's quite online.

I get that you should have zero expectations from the apps, but I just don't get going ghost after a good, lengthy convo. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, but I think I was upset (have since calmed down) because this guy actually seemed to have some potential.

Comment

I was on an app () last night and I came across this guy. We exchanged numbers, had a great chat on the phone for two hours, committed to continuing the convo and maybe meeting up () later. So I message him this afternoon and no response. I can see from the app that he's quite online.

I get that you should have zero expectations from the apps, but I just don't get going ghost after a good, lengthy convo. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, but I think I was upset (have since calmed down) because this guy actually seemed to have some potential.
                That's unfortunately typical these days, which is why I am now really careful about divulging too much about myself, or any private info like phone number, location etc, until I have actually met the person in real life. There are a lot of cat-fishes around these days too.

Comment

That's unfortunately typical these days, which is why I am now really careful about divulging too much about myself, or any private info like phone number, location etc, until I have actually met the person in real life. There are a lot of cat-fishes around these days too.
                  Yeah, I generally err on the side of vague especially with my location, but it's still bleh. He kept me up late enough that I was too tired to update my daily chart afterwards, so he gets docked additional points for that.

It is what it is, though, and definitely not the worst thing that could've happened.

Comment

• Oh daddy Chris Evans.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                      Oh daddy Chris Evans.
                      LOL, I came in here to post about the same thing

Comment

^ The difference being impulse consumption is free.
                        Why would you wait weeks to listen to something that's just sitting there waiting to be clicked on.
                        I see there is a difference between (free) impulse consumption and impulse purchases because the latter ones may lead to wasted money or unnecessary material. Since taking my time to go for certain purchases, I hardly have any bad buys anymore. I wouldn't say that I'm impatient in all cases (e.g. when I'm hungry ;) ). When it comes to consumption in the widest sense, I try to stay patient because I consider that a good trait. Something along the lines of 'If I'm patient, then still feel interested and enjoy the respective thing, the chance is high that I'm going to enjoy it for a long time.'... Some users fall in and out of love with some tracks quickly, which doesn't sound too sustainable to me.
                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                        and everything you stand for?
                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Regarding the ghosting thing: I have, of course, been ghosted before and I know that I'm too kind and stuff, but I could never do that to anyone as long as the other person isn't straight up nasty or rude. I would really like to know what people gain from ghosting or even catfishing someone.

Regarding the idea of physical release first: Who are those people who leak material on the internet? I just don't get what's going on in their head. Are they seriously thinking they're helping their idol with that move? If you, legally or illegally, find access to unreleased material, keep it to yourself and enjoy it on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            Regarding the ghosting thing: I have, of course, been ghosted before and I know that I'm too kind and stuff, but I could never do that to anyone as long as the other person isn't straight up nasty or rude. I would really like to know what people gain from ghosting or even catfishing someone.
                            I agree.

Trying to make sense of why people do the things they do is a recipe for insanity. Just best to let them be and swerve who needs to be swerved.

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            Oh daddy Chris Evans.
                            I saw a few people saying that it might be his brother's.

Comment

Oh daddy Chris Evans.
                              Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

LOL, I came in here to post about the same thing
                              Xmas came early this year. Such a blessing. Hoe hoe hoe.

98 - OUT

Comment

Oh daddy Chris Evans.
                                Somebody send me a link ASAP.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• My dad passed away today, after a 5 week battle in ICU. Can't stop crying. Life sucks.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

My dad passed away today, after a 5 week battle in ICU. Can't stop crying. Life sucks.
                                    Oh no! Terrible news, my condolences sweetie. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! <3 Know your ukmix fam is here for you if you need to talk
                                    ​​​​​
                                    You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

Oh no! Terrible news, my condolences sweetie. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! <3 Know your ukmix fam is here for you if you need to talk
                                      ​​​​​
                                      Thank you. I don't know which part is more difficult, the funeral part or thinking of a life without him. One always knows his parents, etc. will die but don't know how painful it is until you experience.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• On a personal level, your situation is totally understandable, especially if you've been close to your dad; and I wish you all the best to get through this heavy situation along with your beloved ones.
                                        Last edited by theMathematician; Sun September 13, 2020, 18:08.

Comment

My dad passed away today, after a 5 week battle in ICU. Can't stop crying. Life sucks.
                                          So sorry to hear that. Stay strong.

يرسل لك عناق

Comment

Oh babgirl, very sorry to hear that. Losing a parent must be devastating and heartbreaking. Wish you a lot of strength and give yourself enough time to grief properly.
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

Girl, what did you order from Turkey?

Well, since our currency has no value at all, it's one of the cheapest countries for Euro and Dollar using countries
                                              Some touch up kit for my car, I’ve accumulated so many scratches.

By the way, I’m deeply sorry for your loss! Stay strong, sis.
                                              Originally posted by beredy
                                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Big hug! It is something I (luckily) cannot phantom for now, and I can hardly imagine... But it must be such an awful feeling. Stay strong and team UKMIX always got ya back!!

My condolences and respect! Stay strong!
                                                Eudaimonia
                                                Last.fm
                                                Instagram

Comment

Love you honey bun!
                                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Thanks for your kind words guys. I give myself proper time for grieving and whenever i feel like crying, i cry. I know it'll pass but it'll take time to heal.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X