The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Thanks for your kind words guys. I give myself proper time for grieving and whenever i feel like crying, i cry. I know it'll pass but it'll take time to heal.
    Sorry to hear about your dad. It's been a long time since my dad passed, but I still miss him. There are times when I wish he were around to see certain things. But it does get easier. The memories become more treasured as time goes on. Condolences

Comment

My dad passed away today, after a 5 week battle in ICU. Can't stop crying. Life sucks.
      Really sorry to hear that.
      My condolences.

Comment

• I hope things went better for Aunty Patti

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

My dad passed away today, after a 5 week battle in ICU. Can't stop crying. Life sucks.
          Heal well my friend
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Very sad to hear this. Losing a loved one is hard, hope you find the strength to pick up the pieces.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• My condolences spiritboy

Comment

• What the-
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I don't like the witchhunt going on against Rowling for a while. You don't have to agree with her or her views on certain things, but let that woman alone! Social media at its worst...
                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                  and everything you stand for?
                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    I don't like the witchhunt going on against Rowling for a while. You don't have to agree with her or her views on certain things, but let that woman alone! Social media at its worst...
                    That's because you agree with her, it's not a secret that you try to push a conservative agenda on this board through an innocent facade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

That's because you agree with her, it's not a secret that you try to push a conservative agenda on this board through an innocent facade.
                      I don't like cancel culture in general, irrespective of a person's opinion on a certain topic.
                      On Twitter, there's a '#ripjkrowling' hashtag and fortunately, most posts I've read say that this is going way too far. Live and let live, seriously!

Comment

• I need to know what is following me.

-While living in New York, I had to deal with Hurricane Sandy.
                        -When I moved to Tampa, I had to deal with Hurricane Irma and other deadly Tropical storms.
                        -I moved to LA, where they had the worst fires in history and the constant rise of rent.
                        - I decided to move to the most random city in America, Portland Oregon. Lord have mercy!!! The shootings at the protest, the extreme rise of homelessness and the fires that have created THE WORST AIR QUALITY IN THE WORLD. I smell smoke everywhere I go and plus, working outside, many of my coworkers and I are getting sick from the smoke. Oh yeah, Plus, there's CORONAVIRUS.

Something weird is always following me...
                        -An hour after I left a LA park two weeks ago, the entire field burnt down.
                        -The day after I left Italy, the Central Italy Earthquake hit, killing nearly 300 people
                        -A day after I left Denver, they had a record breaking winter storm.
                        -The day after I left Paris, the Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral caught on fire.

Chile, I feel like the son of Storm (X-Men). But I am still Blessed!
                        Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                          I need to know what is following me.

-While living in New York, I had to deal with Hurricane Sandy.
                          -When I moved to Tampa, I had to deal with Hurricane Irma and other deadly Tropical storms.
                          -I moved to LA, where they had the worst fires in history and the constant rise of rent.
                          - I decided to move to the most random city in America, Portland Oregon. Lord have mercy!!! The shootings at the protest, the extreme rise of homelessness and the fires that have created THE WORST AIR QUALITY IN THE WORLD. I smell smoke everywhere I go and plus, working outside, many of my coworkers and I are getting sick from the smoke. Oh yeah, Plus, there's CORONAVIRUS.

Something weird is always following me...
                          -An hour after I left a LA park two weeks ago, the entire field burnt down.
                          -The day after I left Italy, the Central Italy Earthquake hit, killing nearly 300 people
                          -A day after I left Denver, they had a record breaking winter storm.
                          -The day after I left Paris, the Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral caught on fire.

Chile, I feel like the son of Storm (X-Men). But I am still Blessed!
                          Pls try to get as near as you can to Donald Trump
                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Pls try to get as near as you can to Donald Trump
                            Whatever you command Professor XXX
                            Diva!!!

Comment

I don't like the witchhunt going on against Rowling for a while. You don't have to agree with her or her views on certain things, but let that woman alone! Social media at its worst...
                              It's not a witch hunt in my mind - this woman has a tremendous platform and the potential to do so much good (and indeed, she has - she's been an amazing lifeline for so many good causes) but the way she's targeted trans people is unforgivable and only worthy of vociferous and frequent public condemnation. She has unfairly targeted a subjugated and vulnerable group in the most hateful way, and she has totally abused her platform - as far as I'm concerned, she's no different to Donald Trump or any other Republican loon that holds similar views. It's not progressive and it's hateful and has done so much harm - and so for her to now write that book, with that premise...she's awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

It's not a witch hunt in my mind - this woman has a tremendous platform and the potential to do so much good (and indeed, she has - she's been an amazing lifeline for so many good causes) but the way she's targeted trans people is unforgivable and only worthy of vociferous and frequent public condemnation. She has unfairly targeted a subjugated and vulnerable group in the most hateful way, and she has totally abused her platform - as far as I'm concerned, she's no different to Donald Trump or any other Republican loon that holds similar views. It's not progressive and it's hateful and has done so much harm - and so for her to now write that book, with that premise...she's awful.
                                This.

Comment

• I will never understand republicans / conservatives. How can someone support something which has the main drive of causing stagnation / regression in almost all aspects (especially academical, environmental and societal) and patronizing / limiting the rights of the majority while only benefiting a rich and powerful minority?

It would only make sense to support such a system if one is part of that rich minority coz then you would directly benefit but in all other cases one has to be either ignorant, dumb, easily manipulated or simply a hateful indvidual who likes to see others & themselves suffer to support such a system.

The simple fact that such a political sytem exists and is blooming everywhere proves that humanity has still a loooong way to go.

98 - OUT

Comment

I don't like cancel culture in general, irrespective of a person's opinion on a certain topic.
                                    On Twitter, there's a '#ripjkrowling' hashtag and fortunately, most posts I've read say that this is going way too far. Live and let live, seriously!
                                    Firstly let me state that I am not interested in getting into a back and forth about this.

But let me draw your attention to the bolded line.
                                    How is Miss Rowling living by this motto ? Why does SHE feel that SHE has the right to publicly and hatefully target a minority group who have done nothing to her?
                                    Where is she letting them live ?

Maybe you need to think about what you are actually saying sometimes..

Comment

• Didn't she basically say that there are 2 genders or something? It's not like she sent death threats to someone who's transgender, non-binary or something related to gender identities. Everyone is welcome to agree or disagree with her, but the interesting question is: Has she got the right to have her opinion in public? For that, I go by 3 questions: Is it a straight up insult? Is it a defamation? Is it incitement of the people? If it's neither, it may be clumsy by social standards, but there's no legal issue with it.

Comment

• The expected deflection, as usual. Unable to answer a direct question.
                                        What does your previous assertion to " live and let live" have to do with legal issues ?

Comment

• Miss Rowling is forever cancelled. If forever means the next 3 weeks.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            Miss Rowling is forever cancelled. If forever means the next 3 weeks.
                                            Isn't forever in todays standards three days?
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Isn't forever in todays standards three days?
                                              More like One Night (Stand)
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

More like One Night (Stand)
                                                I have never used the word forever in my life. I am very clear about my intenciones.

One of my f-boys told me last week he was getting too attached and didn't think we should continue. Such a pity, he was my favourite one

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  What does your previous assertion to " live and let live" have to do with legal issues ?
                                                  As long as she doesn't force her opinion on others and keeps it within the legal frame, she basically lives and lets live. That was my point. On social media, you can find all kinds of statements and there should be one for everyone, including me, not to agree with. There are two options: You wish everyone who says things you don't agree with a horrible death or you just move on and say 'different people, different opinions'. I try to do the latter.

Regarding your f-boy, @InFamous: It's not my kind of thing, but I'm open-minded, so I guess it's better to move on from that dude and you'll get another one. You're a good-looking guy and that appeals to many dudes out there ;) .
                                                  Last edited by theMathematician; Tue September 15, 2020, 22:16.

Comment

• Your point is delusional and illogical. If you write an open letter condemning a group of people, a minority group at that, you are not letting them live. You are persecuting them openly.

Regarding point two, I have more than one. I stated " one of" .And I'm sure he will be back when the cold nights set in and he is lonely at home.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X