Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Henny

    Comment


    • How about pop acts having their genre listed as "alternative" on itunes. What is wrong with just admitting to being a "pop" artist. Just because you're not releasing Vengaboys and Disney style tunes, let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's "alternative"

      Yes I'm looking at you Swift
      1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
        How about pop acts having their genre listed as "alternative" on itunes. What is wrong with just admitting to being a "pop" artist. Just because you're not releasing Vengaboys and Disney style tunes, let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's "alternative"

        Yes I'm looking at you Swift
        Not alternative lol..

        Comment


        • Well, not much different than Avril Lavigne and P!nk believing they were true rockstars

          I still can’t believe such a bubblegum bratty song like “Sk8er Boi” received a Grammy nomination in a Rock performance category
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            Well, not much different than Avril Lavigne and P!nk believing they were true rockstars

            I still can’t believe such a bubblegum bratty song like “Sk8er Boi” received a Grammy nomination in a Rock performance category
            At least P!nk can / could pull off the rebel & tough persona. Avril Lavigne on the other hand always seemd like a joke to me with her extremely inauthentic "rebel punk rock star" image
            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

            Comment


            • I personally cannot stand that "faux-rock" sound a load of those gurls started doing in the mid 00s. Even Kelly Clarksons take on it annoyed me. Hate those songs. My life would suck without you and there's another one I have erased from my mind.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                At least P!nk can / could pull off the rebel & tough persona. Avril Lavigne on the other hand always seemd like a joke to me with her extremely inauthentic "rebel punk rock star" image
                Avril >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                My Chart

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  I personally cannot stand that "faux-rock" sound a load of those gurls started doing in the mid 00s. Even Kelly Clarksons take on it annoyed me. Hate those songs. My life would suck without you and there's another one I have erased from my mind.
                  I think it depends on who sings it and how the production is handled. I also find pop-rock songs by Avril and Kelly sound cheap and under produced.

                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                  98 - OUT

                  Comment


                  • https://www.facebook.com/11384071374...Xpdy7v9S7y&d=n

                    Red wine lovers will be devastated

                    Comment


                    • Sk8er Boi is one of Avril's worse hits anyway.

                      Her classics:

                      1. I'm With You
                      2. Complicated
                      3. My Happy Ending
                      4. When You're Gone
                      5. Hot
                      6. Nobody's Home

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                        Sk8er Boi is one of Avril's worse hits anyway.

                        Her classics:

                        1. I'm With You
                        2. Complicated
                        3. My Happy Ending
                        4. When You're Gone
                        5. Hot
                        6. Nobody's Home


                        BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                        98 - OUT

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                            Sk8er Boi is one of Avril's worse hits anyway.

                            Her classics:

                            1. I'm With You
                            2. Complicated
                            3. My Happy Ending
                            4. When You're Gone
                            5. Hot
                            6. Nobody's Home

                            You missed her biggest classic of all - Wish You Were Here.

                            Comment


                            • Me going back to my subway sewer home after a day out:

                              Last edited by aRat; Sun September 27, 2020, 20:29.
                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                              98 - OUT

                              Comment


                              • They have the strangest labels in the USA. Back in the day Madonna's Like A Virgin could be found in the rock section of most record stores...
                                Some divas did make some great rock influenced songs:

                                En Vogue - Free Your Mind
                                Janet Jackson - Black Cat
                                Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
                                Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
                                Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
                                Kelly Clarkson - Since You Been Gone
                                Mariah Carey - You Need Me
                                Mylene Farmer - XXL
                                Mylene Farmer - L'instant X
                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                  Me going back to my subway sewer home after a day out:
                                  Your poor balls, sis.

                                  Moi when I come home from this 7-day spa retreat tomorrow:

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                                    Your poor balls, sis.

                                    Moi when I come home from this 7-day spa retreat tomorrow:

                                    That sounds like heaven right now. I demand to know the location and price packages and the full range of services provided there.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                      Sk8er Boi is one of Avril's worse hits anyway.

                                      Her classics:

                                      1. I'm With You
                                      2. Complicated
                                      3. My Happy Ending
                                      4. When You're Gone
                                      5. Hot
                                      6. Nobody's Home

                                      I canot process the word "Avril" followed by "classics"

                                      ( I do low key like I'm with you, though)
                                      ( and probably When You're gone and Nobody's home)

                                      Comment


                                      • Well, I have to say “I’m With You” is a great song, I personally think Avril was never able to top that again.

                                        But yeah the words Avril + Classics don’t really match together although I will say “Complicated” is a lowkey 2000s classic (it has great recurrent streaming stats and IMO it’s her only song that kinda transcended with the GP and outside of the Avril fandom).

                                        And “Let Go” (her debut album) will always be one of the biggest female eras of all time : 17million albums sold (pure sales alone), 8 Grammy nominations, true global success (North America + Latin America + Europe + Oceania + Asia), good reviews from critics and nearly 1 Billion streams on Spotify.
                                        Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon September 28, 2020, 01:23.
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                                          Hmm that's a tiny bit homophobic henny, especially since multiple studies show that gay men on average are more well rounded and have better education & careers than straight men. It's a dated stereoptype to say that gay men only have sex going on. No, we have sex going on on top of everything else.

                                          Also MrLeonix hit the nail on the head as to why gays are more sexual in general:

                                          Waaait; I didn't see this, I know damn well that they have more than sex going on but it's a big part for the reasons already stated.

                                          Sometimes it feels like it takes too much of their personal life and online presence/their topics to talk about. Or freaking out about other people having 10 sexual partners in their lifetime, like Sex needs to be a huge part of their existence for everyone That's basically what I'm trying to say with my original post.
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                            Sometimes it feels like it takes too much of their personal life and online presence/their topics to talk about. Or freaking out about other people having 10 sexual partners in their lifetime, like Sex needs to be a huge part of their existence for everyone That's basically what I'm trying to say with my original post.
                                            Again, that's not a gay thing. That's a men thing. Str8 men talk about women and sex all the time (especially if they are only among other men so they can express themselves unhinged).

                                            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                            98 - OUT

                                            Comment


                                            • Maybe gays then have the feeling they can express themselves unhinged all the time since they are either talking to men or girls and they are basically not their sexual interest so they talk about it with them too Actually my origianl statement came down to this: people need to stop oversexualizing others or being surprised by the average person having 10 sexual partners in their lifetime just because they have a new one every other week. I'm not even affected but I feel the need to defend the introverts, social anxiety driven people or everyone who's just not into one night stands and hook up apps
                                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                                                Your poor balls, sis.

                                                Moi when I come home from this 7-day spa retreat tomorrow:
                                                A tale with a happy ending?
                                                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                                98 - OUT

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                  Maybe gays then have the feeling they can express themselves unhinged all the time since they are either talking to men or girls and they are basically not their sexual interest so they talk about it with them too Actually my origianl statement came down to this: people need to stop oversexualizing others or being surprised by the average person having 10 sexual partners in their lifetime just because they have a new one every other week. I'm not even affected but I feel the need to defend the introverts, social anxiety driven people or everyone who's just not into one night stands and hook up apps
                                                  With how many men did you sleep with then? Asking for a friend
                                                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                                  98 - OUT

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                                                    With how many men did you sleep with then? Asking for a friend
                                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X