Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Who would support an online shop tax which limits the ongoing inequality between big shops like Amazon, which don't pay their workers fairly and hardly pay taxes, and physical shops, which are checked by tax offices regularly and have to pay a shop rent?
    Me.

    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

    #FreeBritney

    Comment


    • Almost time for my nightly late walk. Miley or Taylor live tonight ? Decisions.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Almost time for my nightly late walk. Miley or Taylor live tonight ? Decisions.
        Steps. Thank me later.
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

        #FreeBritney

        Comment


        • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

          Steps. Thank me later.
          Not really a Steps fan to be honest, cool that they are still releasing music though . I started with Miley but switched to Taylor half way through, I generally prefer something mellow at 1am

          Comment


          • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Oh, the things i would do to Harry....Or Prince Carl (?) of Sweden.

            William is the real prize. Literally nothing else could make me feel more like a Queen than having a future King introduce me to the Crown Jewels.
            Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

            #FreeBritney

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              Not really a Steps fan to be honest, cool that they are still releasing music though . I started with Miley but switched to Taylor half way through, I generally prefer something mellow at 1am
              I’d turn Miley off as well. But I wouldn’t put Taylor on. I’d pick Steps and find me some real life changing pop music.
              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

              #FreeBritney

              Comment


              • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                I’d turn Miley off as well. But I wouldn’t put Taylor on. I’d pick Steps and find me some real life changing pop music.
                Oh Taylor's pond studio version of Folklore is stunning.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                  I’d turn Miley off as well. But I wouldn’t put Taylor on. I’d pick Steps and find me some real life changing pop music.
                  Ok. So I tried listening to the two songs from the new album they have videos for and no, not my type of music at all. However, the dark haired male member has aged extremely well and looks quite tasty.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                    Ok. So I tried listening to the two songs from the new album they have videos for and no, not my type of music at all. However, the dark haired male member has aged extremely well and looks quite tasty.
                    Hands off.
                    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

                    #FreeBritney

                    Comment


                    • I am trying to understand some people without judgment but there are things about some here in Portland that just don't add up. Within the Portland area, there are many of the major companies. There are jobs everywhere, even in the pandemic but yet, I feel like there are more homeless here in Portland than there was LA.
                      Last edited by TIfan; Sun November 29, 2020, 15:53.
                      Diva!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                        I am trying to understand some people without judgment but there are things about some here in Portland that just don't ass. Within the Portland area, there are many of the major companies. There are jobs everywhere, even in the pandemic but yet, I feel like there are more homeless here in Portland than there was LA.
                        Regarding homelessness: Are there any systems preventing homelessness in your country? In my country, you're basically guaranteed to receive social benefits and an appartment, so the ones living on the street are either the ones rebelling against the system or basically lost control over their life through a couple of addictions.
                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                        and everything you stand for?
                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                        just to tell you that I see more?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                          Regarding homelessness: Are there any systems preventing homelessness in your country? In my country, you're basically guaranteed to receive social benefits and an appartment, so the ones living on the street are either the ones rebelling against the system or basically lost control over their life through a couple of addictions.
                          You're exaggerating. ? Very few homelss people in Germany are given apartments. If they are lucky they get to sleep in homeless shelters. In Germany half a million people have no permanent home.

                          Comment


                          • If you are out of work, you have the right to get an appartment provided by the state. The appartment has to match certain criteria, but the employment office actually pays the rent for that, including everyday life facilities if you apply for them.
                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                            and everything you stand for?
                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                            just to tell you that I see more?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                              Regarding homelessness: Are there any systems preventing homelessness in your country? In my country, you're basically guaranteed to receive social benefits and an appartment, so the ones living on the street are either the ones rebelling against the system or basically lost control over their life through a couple of addictions.
                              Every state is different. Oregon is welcoming the homeless and many are moving from California to here.

                              There seems to be jobs everywhere, even with the pandemic. Amazon is huge out here and they are still hiring like crazy. We also have Nike headquarters and Intel. All massive companies. There does seem to be a "rebel" mentality (many of the homeless are part of the "BLM" protests) but I just can't figures some things out. Of course, I never judge, but I just wonder what went wrong. I've seen families, husband, wife, and child homeless. Can neither parent get a job? I will say, drugs has hit US super hard. To add to it, drugs in Oregon do not lead to arrest nowadays, which is understandable, but what will they do about the drug addicts?
                              Last edited by TIfan; Sun November 29, 2020, 15:48.
                              Diva!!!

                              Comment


                              • I totally understand what you mean, TIfan . There are homeless people for the same reasons in a bunch of bigger German cities as well.
                                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                and everything you stand for?
                                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                just to tell you that I see more?

                                Comment


                                • I am thinking of applying with Amazon. I am a full time employee, but after the Holidays, the airlines industry tends to slow down. I doubt they will get rid of me because there are many people with less seniority, but if they shorten my hours, I will need another income.
                                  Diva!!!

                                  Comment


                                  • It's your life, but becoming employee for Amazon means that you'd also work for a company with very dubious morals that lead to one man getting richer or richer. Bezos and Musk are people I would not like to be connected to, neither in my private nor my professional life.
                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                    and everything you stand for?
                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                    just to tell you that I see more?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                      I am thinking of applying with Amazon. I am a full time employee, but after the Holidays, the airlines industry tends to slow down. I doubt they will get rid of me because there are many people with less seniority, but if they shorten my hours, I will need another income.
                                      Good luck sis. Amazon gets too much flack sometimes I think.

                                      I have heard of some people who got a job at Amazon after they lost their jobs in the gastronomy this year. They said that work can be exhausting sometimes but the pay seems to be good actually. Most say it's fast money you can make there.
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

                                      Comment


                                      • I don't know that it's just rebelling, though maybe there's some of that. I'm not sure how it is dealt with in other countries, but for some of the homeless, it could be mental issues. One of my good friends has a brother in California, and it's gut-wrenching seeing her try to handle his situation. He's been though a series of halfway houses, but drug use/mental illness have combined to see him in and out of them. Sometimes, he just goes missing for days at a time.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                          If you are out of work, you have the right to get an appartment provided by the state. The appartment has to match certain criteria, but the employment office actually pays the rent for that, including everyday life facilities if you apply for them.
                                          That all sounds fine and dandy on paper but obviously they do not have the apartments available to meet the demand needed as you can see from the video I posted which shows that around half a million homeless people in Germany rely on shelters. These people probably never had work to begin with. When I was in Berlin I saw homeless people on the streets literally everywhere.

                                          Also you started by saying "homeless people", now it is " if you are out of work". Which is it ?

                                          If you are actually trying to claim that all a homeless person has to do is go to the state and say hey, can I have an apartment please and the next day they will be given keys to an apartment, I'm sorry but there is no way that that is the reality, in Germany or anywhere else in the world.
                                          Last edited by InFamous; Sun November 29, 2020, 17:15.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                            Hands off.
                                            He gives me bottom vibes in that video, step aside

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                              He gives me bottom vibes in that video, step aside
                                              That’s the blonde one.
                                              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

                                              #FreeBritney

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by menime123 View Post

                                                That’s the blonde one.
                                                Ugh not my type at all. I am sure I could convince the hot dark haired one to try it

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                                  I am thinking of applying with Amazon. I am a full time employee, but after the Holidays, the airlines industry tends to slow down. I doubt they will get rid of me because there are many people with less seniority, but if they shorten my hours, I will need another income.
                                                  Go for it sis, Amazon has been recently voted as the best place to work in the world, with high levels of employee satisfaction.

                                                  "Amazon has knocked Google off the top spot as the best place to work in the world, according to LinkedIn. ... For its 2018 ranking, LinkedIn found that Amazon, which is the second-largest private employer in the US with 566,000 employees, was in pole position"

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                                                    Good luck sis. Amazon gets too much flack sometimes I think.

                                                    I have heard of some people who got a job at Amazon after they lost their jobs in the gastronomy this year. They said that work can be exhausting sometimes but the pay seems to be good actually. Most say it's fast money you can make there.
                                                    If I do apply with Amazon, it would only be temporary. I do plan on keeping my airlines job. I will not have 2 jobs for long as I am working on my own projects.
                                                    Diva!!!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X