Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    My soulmate act. He's also about to break 20,000 overall scrobbles on my LastFM.
    But did that album not just come out like two months ago ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
      Like him or not, InFamous probably had the biggest breakthrough of 2019 here. I can’t believe the good sis has been around since 2016 and I had no inkling of his existence until four months ago.
      I think I had about ten posts before that, I completely forgot about this site until I got an email from Wayne about it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        01 - 1,096 plays - The Christmas Present - Robbie Williams
        You spent 59 hours listening to this? And not to mention other albums. How come you aren't puking Christmas trees and sh*tting mistletoes?
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
        .

        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          But did that album not just come out like two months ago ?
          6 weeks ago. On my personal chart:

          week 01 - #1 - 342 plays
          week 02 - #1 - 202 plays
          week 03 - #1 - 161 plays
          week 04 - #1 - 159 plays
          week 05 - #1 - 187 plays

          For comparison: My Top 10 biggest 1-week-streaming totals:

          01 - 804 - #1 - 47/2018 - Caution - Mariah Carey
          02 - 791 - #1 - 21/2015 - The Desired Effect - Brandon Flowers
          03 - 776 - #1 - 26/2017 - Evolve - Imagine Dragons
          04 - 654 - #1 - 15/2017 - Pure Comedy - Father John Misty
          05 - 651 - #1 - 23/2015 - How Big How Blue How Beautiful - Florence + The Machine
          06 - 628 - #1 - 45/2016 - Heavy Entertainment Show - Robbie Williams
          07 - 613 - #1 - 07/2016 - Engtanz - Bosse
          08 - 599 - #1 - 39/2017 - Wonderful, Wonderful - The Killers
          09 - 582 - #1 - 48/2018 - Caution - Mariah Carey
          10 - 563 - #1 - 49/2018 - Atlantico - Marco Mengoni
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            I think I had about ten posts before that, I completely forgot about this site until I got an email from Wayne about it.
            Send your hate mail to wayne@ukmix.org.

            Just kidding.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              Send your hate mail to wayne@ukmix.org.

              Just kidding.
              Haha sorry if i was a pain in your ass. I'm trying to be good lately

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                6 weeks ago. On my personal chart:

                week 01 - #1 - 342 plays
                week 02 - #1 - 202 plays
                week 03 - #1 - 161 plays
                week 04 - #1 - 159 plays
                week 05 - #1 - 187 plays

                For comparison: My Top 10 biggest 1-week-streaming totals:

                01 - 804 - #1 - 47/2018 - Caution - Mariah Carey
                02 - 791 - #1 - 21/2015 - The Desired Effect - Brandon Flowers
                03 - 776 - #1 - 26/2017 - Evolve - Imagine Dragons
                04 - 654 - #1 - 15/2017 - Pure Comedy - Father John Misty
                05 - 651 - #1 - 23/2015 - How Big How Blue How Beautiful - Florence + The Machine
                06 - 628 - #1 - 45/2016 - Heavy Entertainment Show - Robbie Williams
                07 - 613 - #1 - 07/2016 - Engtanz - Bosse
                08 - 599 - #1 - 39/2017 - Wonderful, Wonderful - The Killers
                09 - 582 - #1 - 48/2018 - Caution - Mariah Carey
                10 - 563 - #1 - 49/2018 - Atlantico - Marco Mengoni
                But how is it possible to listen to an album that many times in one week ? is that the full album ?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  But how is it possible to listen to an album that many times in one week ? is that the full album ?
                  It is the total of their tracks played.
                  My Chart

                  Comment


                  • My list is pretty much like [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] except it's beyonce

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      It is the total of their tracks played.
                      so basically in that first week you listened to Robbie Williams tracks 50 times per day...

                      Comment


                      • I'm glad i live in a country where Xmas isn't celebrated.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          I'm glad i live in a country where Xmas isn't celebrated.
                          But we need the country to stan this Gem

                          Comment


                          • [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] can we put a end to daily spotify updates? Imo it's pointless and makes it difficult to actually look for actual important stats. Not saying spotify updates shouldn't be posted. But daily updates is more reasonable for newer projects vs older songs and albums.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                              [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] can we put a end to daily spotify updates? Imo it's pointless and makes it difficult to actually look for actual important stats. Not saying spotify updates shouldn't be posted. But daily updates is more reasonable for newer projects vs older songs and albums.
                              We’ve discussed this as a moderation team already, and I’m of the view that if the stats generate discussion, they are fine.

                              If you believe that discussion isn’t occurring and it’s just one person aimlessly posting updates, I’d suggest raising it privately with a moderator of that section. Note - privately.

                              Comment


                              • so I was scrolling the worst lists of 2019 and turned out I was completely unaware this hot garbage exists


                                truly one of the worst songs of the decade, any of Cory Feldman's "Angelic 2 the Core" tracks is a masterpiece in comparison to this
                                Waffles are checked cookies

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  Weíve discussed this as a moderation team already, and Iím of the view that if the stats generate discussion, they are fine.

                                  If you believe that discussion isnít occurring and itís just one person aimlessly posting updates, Iíd suggest raising it privately with a moderator of that section. Note - privately.
                                  Are you inviting me to ur Dm's, Daddy?

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                    We’ve discussed this as a moderation team already, and I’m of the view that if the stats generate discussion, they are fine.

                                    If you believe that discussion isn’t occurring and it’s just one person aimlessly posting updates, I’d suggest raising it privately with a moderator of that section. Note - privately.
                                    Why are daily Spotify updates such a problem for certain users? And what makes them open the threads that get updated with those? Is there some kind of rule on this forum forcing them to view those posts?

                                    And as we have seen in MC thread people do read those, just don't comment, but they are interested in them - so discussion isn't necessarily the most important measure. There are lots of people who just stalk and come here for their dose of info, without the need to comment and discuss. I also don't see people discussing on being #267 on Uganda, Burundi, Pakistan iTunes or any other iTunes country in an era where even #1 in US iTunes means extremely low and insignificant sales compared to streaming. And there's hardly any interest in #97 on Belgium Wallonia, #78 Sweden or any other low placement chart if we're measuring discussion those numbers spark.

                                    I mean, mods and admins can take the forum back to the 90's when it comes to charts, but it ain't the 90's anymore.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                    .

                                    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                    Comment


                                    • This made me really happy

                                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

                                      Comment


                                      • How do ya'll celebrate NYE this year?
                                        "Lift up your head
                                        Lift up your heart..."

                                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                          I mean, mods and admins can take the forum back to the 90's when it comes to charts, but it ain't the 90's anymore.
                                          You have an opinion on everything.

                                          I've stated I'm okay with it, therefore it's fine - but as with anything, y'all are welcome to contact a moderator to express concern.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                            You have an opinion on everything.
                                            I've been supporting Spotify updates since forever though.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                            .

                                            Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                            Comment


                                            • I don't need those Spotify updates either. In particular, I wonder about their purpose in threads of albums that are obviously not happening on the charts. I stick to chart results and certifications and that's what I post in the chart section...
                                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                              and everything you stand for?
                                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                              just to tell you that I see more?

                                              Comment


                                              • Then simply avoid threads with daily spotify updates, simple as that. Nobody forces you to read them. Personally, i like them.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                                Comment


                                                • a thread with hourly Mariah stats will generate more discussion than any possible topic can ever do
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    This made me really happy

                                                    So sweet!
                                                    You drew stars around my scars

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                      I'm glad i live in a country where Xmas isn't celebrated.
                                                      Did you go to the Hamamm lately ?!

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Devastated. I just used the last of the tea I purchased in the UK this summer. Butter Truffle - from a place in Liverpool called Leaf. I could order more, but the delivery charge is £15

                                                        Please console me in my hour of need.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                          Devastated. I just used the last of the tea I purchased in the UK this summer. Butter Truffle - from a place in Liverpool called Leaf. I could order more, but the delivery charge is £15

                                                          Please console me in my hour of need.
                                                          You're stuck for 15 pounds ?

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                            You're stuck for 15 pounds ?
                                                            I mean... it's a tin of tea. it's hard to justify.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                              You're stuck for 15 pounds ?
                                                              Second time I see you money shaming. For some people 15 pounds is a lot of money.
                                                              "Lift up your head
                                                              Lift up your heart..."

                                                              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X