No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people clearly have too much time and money on their hands, resulting in things like that.
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
      There's loads of pages about it, making fake accounts, using VPNs and so on.
      That's also rigging the charts you know.
      There was also a competition to win Mariah Carey vinyls with the entry being to download a copy of the single and show the recepit. Completely illegal to do this in the UK.

Also @stevvy I just realized the UK charts prob did not count the views for the new video because it has a different name. The UK are very strict about their chart rules and the fact that the new video was called All i want.. ( make my wish come true edition) prob disqualified it from being counted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkelife View Post
        I just can't at the lambs lol can't get over them.
        They criticize the charts and call them cheats, but they've been doing the same - different accounts, using VPNs, changing countries on Spotify - if that's not cheating I don't know what is.

But have to laugh at them.
        And i just can't at certain people unable to get over them. Always doing the most to discredit all of Mariah's achievements. AIWFCIU remains a huge global classic. You can't get the level of success the song gets, without the support of the GP. So let me laugh at all of the Mimi detractors that want to re write history. It's never going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk25 View Post
          And i just can't at certain people unable to get over them. Always doing the most to discredit all of Mariah's achievements. AIWFCIU remains a huge global classic. You can't get the level of success the song gets, without the support of the GP. So let me laugh at all of the Mimi detractors that want to re write history. It's never going to happen.
          No one is saying the song does not have the support of the GP. That does not change the facts that fans tried to manipulate the charts this year with concerted campaigns and illgeal competitions ( in the UK). Whether or not those things have any effect or not is neither here nor there - they were done and organized with the intent to have an affect and to manipulate numbers. End of story.

Comment

• Who even listens to these K Pop boy bands and enjoys it? They have to be the most generic & blatant industry plants I have ever seen.
            COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              No one is saying the song does not have the support of the GP. That does not change the facts that fans tried to manipulate the charts this year with concerted campaigns and illgeal competitions ( in the UK). Whether or not those things have any effect or not is neither here nor there - they were done and organized with the intent to have an affect and to manipulate numbers. End of story.
              In your dreams. Where was that level of manipulation with her last 2 albums? But nice try. AIWFCIU is big without the need of any push. Because the song is a well solidified classic within the GP.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                You spent 59 hours listening to this? And not to mention other albums. How come you aren't puking Christmas trees and sh*tting mistletoes?
                Stevyy doesn't actually listen to every song he scrobbles. He once said he puts on Spotify 24/7 if possible but doesn't really listen. He turns on his phone/laptop plugs in earphones and goes out, to work, watch tv, etc. while Spotify keeps on playing.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                  Who even listens to these K Pop boy bands and enjoys it? They have to be the most generic & blatant industry plants I have ever seen.
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                    I wish they'd stop selling fireworks here. It's the same drama every year, cats getting firecrackers shoved up their butts, vandalism, extreme explosions that nearly give you a heartattack...multiple people asking kids to stop lighting fireworks (it usually starts end of november already) got beat up this year and it's not even freaking NYE yet.
                    In what other countries does this happen?
                    I wish fireworks were cancelled for the GP. They should just hold shows for everyone to watch together on NYE. Selling them to anyone, the wrong people buy them and don't wait till NYE.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk25 View Post
                      In your dreams. Where was that level of manipulation with her last 2 albums? But nice try. AIWFCIU is big without the need of any push. Because the song is a well solidified classic within the GP.
                      Your failure to understand the basis of what is being actually said and then just making a random reply is priceless.

Comment

• Billboard really need to stop inflating albums with streams from one or two big singles. It is making a mockery of the album charts.
                        Listening to the same one song 150 times over or whatever number it is they are counting these days is NOT the same as purchasing an album.

Streams from the big singles should be averaged like they are in the UK as this gives a much more accurate reflection of an albums actual performance.

Comment

• [MENTION=52166]InFamous[/MENTION]: Agreed. Someone on here once had the idea that only the spins of the least favorite album track should be used for chart purposes - that's a good idea to determine an album's popularity. What Billboard needs to understand is that there are acts whose main focus is on albums (in Germany the whole Schlager genre, but basically all adult contemporary, rock and jazz acts), there are songs whose main focus is on singles (e.g. Jason Derülo, DJ Khaled, Rita Ora,...) and acts who are able to sell both (e.g. Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Adele,...).

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            @InFamous: Agreed. Someone on here once had the idea that only the spins of the least favorite album track should be used for chart purposes - that's a good idea to determine an album's popularity. What Billboard needs to understand is that there are acts whose main focus is on albums (in Germany the whole Schlager genre, but basically all adult contemporary, rock and jazz acts), there are songs whose main focus is on singles (e.g. Jason Derülo, DJ Khaled, Rita Ora,...) and acts who are able to sell both (e.g. Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Adele,...).
                            Their current methodology is an absolute joke and needs to be changed.
                            The UK and Germany are doing it right.
                            Last edited by InFamous; Sun December 29th, 2019, 22:56.

Comment

[MENTION=52166]Someone on here once had the idea that only the spins of the least favorite album track should be used for chart purposes - that's a good idea to determine an album's popularity. What Billboard needs to understand is that there are acts whose main focus is on albums (in Germany the whole Schlager genre, but basically all adult contemporary, rock and jazz acts), there are songs whose main focus is on singles (e.g. Jason Derülo, DJ Khaled, Rita Ora,...) and acts who are able to sell both (e.g. Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Adele,...).
                              I don't agree. Every album has a few songs that are not that popular. So when someone releases an album with 16 songs and let's say there are three songs that hardly get streamed, (but the other 13 songs do) than it wouldn't give a good indication of how popular the album is if you just look at the least popular song.

Comment

[MENTION=52166]InFamous[/MENTION]: Agreed. Someone on here once had the idea that only the spins of the least favorite album track should be used for chart purposes - that's a good idea to determine an album's popularity. What Billboard needs to understand is that there are acts whose main focus is on albums (in Germany the whole Schlager genre, but basically all adult contemporary, rock and jazz acts), there are songs whose main focus is on singles (e.g. Jason Derülo, DJ Khaled, Rita Ora,...) and acts who are able to sell both (e.g. Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Adele,...).
                                The way both Germany and the UK do it is absolutely perfect to me. Billboard should take note and stop trying to inflate the size of their current music market beyond what it actually is.

United Kingdom
                                Under the new methodology, Official Charts Company takes the 12 most-streamed tracks from an album, with the top two songs being given lesser weight so that the figure will reflect the popularity of the album as a whole rather than of one or two successful singles. The adjusted total is divided by 1000 and added to the album sales figure.

Germany
                                German Albums Chart is used to ranking the albums based on weekly revenue, instead of units. Hence, only paid streaming is counted and should be played at least 30 seconds. At least 6 tracks of one album have to be streamed to make streams count for the album, with 12 tracks being the maximum counted. Similar to the UK chart rule, the actual streams of the top-two songs are not counted, but instead the average of the following tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                  Who even listens to these K Pop boy bands and enjoys it? They have to be the most generic & blatant industry plants I have ever seen.
                                  I don't. But just yesterday my sister in law told me how much she loves them.

Comment

Billboard really need to stop inflating albums with streams from one or two big singles. It is making a mockery of the album charts.
                                    Listening to the same one song 150 times over or whatever number it is they are counting these days is NOT the same as purchasing an album.

Streams from the big singles should be averaged like they are in the UK as this gives a much more accurate reflection of an albums actual performance.
                                    This used to really piss me off and the reason why I stopped being so interested by the charts.
                                    It's all manipulative.
                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The German charts work in the albums department, but they're not that much of a rolemodel in the singles department since there are many rap tracks charting high that the main audience doesn't even know, making them seem popular when they are not. And I'm not even talking about some Post Malone type of acts that actually managed to be known throughout the country...

Comment

Billboard really need to stop inflating albums with streams from one or two big singles. It is making a mockery of the album charts.

I used to agree with this but now I see it's no different than the 90s. Most of the big Album sales was accumulated back then due to the love of a single or 2 and lack of single releases. That's why I don't have a problem saying single sales are just as important as albums sale. Because in the moment people are showing interest and purchasing the product they wanted. That can't be said about Albums back in the day tbh. Because many people wasn't interested in full Albums they were forced. Or instead of buying 3 × 3.99 singles they just choose to purchase the Album.

Comment

• Best New Years Eve song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                            I used to agree with this but now I see it's no different than the 90s. Most of the big Album sales was accumulated back then due to the love of a single or 2 and lack of single releases. That's why I don't have a problem saying single sales are just as important as albums sale. Because in the moment people are showing interest and purchasing the product they wanted. That can't be said about Albums back in the day tbh. Because many people wasn't interested in full Albums they were forced. Or instead of buying 3 Ă— 3.99 singles they just choose to purchase the Album.
                                            There also have been 100s of singles payolad to Radio no.1 and at the same time not been available to buy and thus people purchased the only Medium available- the alberm
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• It reminds me of something that could've landed on Guetta's 'Nothing But The Beat' back in the day .

@BeeBoy: And then there have been cases when people simply said: 'Why should I buy the single when I can have the album?', e.g. in the cases of Norah Jones' debut album or Amy Winehouse's 'Back to Back'. Concept albums only really make sense as a whole, too, otherwise it'd be like reading a single chapter taken from a book - incomplete!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                There also have been 100s of singles payolad to Radio no.1 and at the same time not been available to buy and thus people purchased the only Medium available- the alberm
                                                The music industry is a scam. Then and now. PERIODT.. But these pure Album sale fans need to calm down though. Because it's many factors that stopped the digital girls from selling 30M Album from one era. Including illegal downloads. If we swapped time frame with the digital girls and the pure Album sale girls it'll be the same outcome

Comment

• Aaron educating these gerls for free
                                                  COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

I used to agree with this but now I see it's no different than the 90s. Most of the big Album sales was accumulated back then due to the love of a single or 2 and lack of single releases. That's why I don't have a problem saying single sales are just as important as albums sale. Because in the moment people are showing interest and purchasing the product they wanted. That can't be said about Albums back in the day tbh. Because many people wasn't interested in full Albums they were forced. Or instead of buying 3 × 3.99 singles they just choose to purchase the Album.
                                                    Completely disagree, someone purchasing the same single 15 times is not the same as one album. Its the single that is popular, not the album.

Comment

• Yes it is NOT the same but IT's not better if people purchase the album when there was literally not comp. During the hey day of albums. It was either not being available or not much more expensive to buy a single track. It's fine to look at the different stages of the music industry differently but I have to laugh if they say the divas were bigger when the girls from the 00s have better chartruns etc andmore hit singles from.one album but the diva stans still believe their faves were bigger because they sang dusty boring ballads.
                                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• This whole Pure Album sale vs digital sales vs streaming sales is just away to put the newest generation of artists down to make everyone feel like they're favorites are somehow superior to the batch of artists & it's just not true. The way we handle things in everyday life is evolving every day and I think everyone should get used to it. I used to be one of the people who was argumentative against this change.
                                                        Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Mon December 30th, 2019, 01:12.

Comment

• Chart runs show an album's popularity better than sales as they heavily depend on the size of the market, that is correct. However, in the 90s, there were plenty of cases of singles artists as well - it's not like everyone automatically sold tons of albums. The best example for that is Los del Rio: 'Macarena' was a huge hit, interest in the parent album 'Fiesta Macarena' was very limited. The same way some singles were not available back then, artists still use tricks to achieve the biggest gross or the highest chart peak possible today - I'm talking about those tour bundles.
                                                          Is it better nowadays? Not necessarily... Different at best.

@Aaronsmithjune1: I think there is no right or wrong. It's OK to be on either side of the argument as long as the other side isn't denounced. Everyone has got the right to their opinion and while it's natural to evolve, it's not a problem to question developments and wish for adaptions. Streaming is not the ultimate solution for every issue in the entertainment industry and as quick as it happened, I'm sure there will be another format that builds on the advantages and fixes the disadvantages. I only hope that, with more formats getting added to the mix, that there's still room for every format since each has got their fanbase, may it be vinyl, CD, digital or streaming...
                                                          Last edited by theMathematician; Mon December 30th, 2019, 00:32.

Comment

This whole Pure Album sale vs digital sales vs streaming sales is just away to put the newest generation of artists down to make everyone feel like they're favorites are somehow superior to the batch of artists & it's just not true. The way we handle things in everyday life is evolving every day and I think everyone should get used to it. I used to be one of the people who was argumentative against this change.
                                                            I am against mixing sales and streaming - even if it benefits my fave.

To me, they are 2 separate things... and maybe there is a fair way of finding the right mix of sales and streams to make 1 whole chart that factors in both, however, as of now, there is no chart in the world which can do that.

The 2nd thing which needs to be amended is the certifications system in around the world, it must be automatic....What is the point of the RIAA if they do not certify music unless the label asks for it? It is the same in Germany. Also the timeline is messed up... and album of the 1990s or 2000s has to sell a different amount in order to be certified than an album from the streaming era.

Imagine having a flop album, which then becomes successful a decade later or racks up catalogue sales, but is not certified bc of the old criteria.
                                                            My Chart

Comment

This whole Pure Album sale vs digital sales vs streaming sales is just away to put the newest generation of artists down to make everyone feel like they're favorites are somehow superior to the batch of artists & it's just not true. The way we handle things in everyday life is evolving every day and I think everyone should get used to it. I used to be one of the people who was argumentative against this change.
                                                              I am not putting anyone down, you are missing my point completely.
                                                              I am saying that the way the data is being counted and collated in the US is horseshit. 15 purchases of the same track or 1500 streams of the same track is NOT the same as buying a full album. It just isnt.
                                                              And that is factored into the way ALBUM charts are compiled in both the UK and Germany. I dont have any problems with streaming, not am I trying to say someone is not bigger than someone else, nor am i trying to big up the dusty divas. I am saying the way that Billboard use the data to compile the album chart is horseshit. And it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X