The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Same for me. I used to buy around 100 albums a year as well prior streaming era, now it‘s like 10 a year
    But 10 year sounds really good. So, I assume you have artists of which you collect their albums?
    My Chart

Comment

• stevyy : No, it's not a number I try not to surpass. It's rather that there are about 10 albums per year that interest me enough to want to own them. Sometimes it's a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but it usually doesn't stray far from that.
      Many people say that they like music, but only a few of them are really passionate about that. I know people who'd say that they love this or that song. If I ask them about it in more detail, they can't tell me the artist or the song's title, something I'd love to find out. I'm also a chart analyst, which is something most people don't care about (It used to play a role for rap fans, not sure whether that's still the case.).
      All of my CDs are in my CD shelf, and I love to look at them every day . I can imagine that moving apartments is not that cool, but I hope that you'll get through with it quickly!
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• thank you theMathematician

So, you, Tansike, LuckyOne.... and then also me... we keep the music industry alive by buying and streaming music. <3

(I know you don't like to stream music, but YT is also streaming).

We deserve to get free concert tickets for all of your favs for having supported them in that way. ;-)
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Honestly, I couldn't give away my CDs... They are my babies. I love ordering them every now and then. BTW, I still own a 90s walkman and also 1 discman... But nothing beats my MiniDisc Player... I actually bought mine in 1999 and nobody I knew had one and it was revolutionary for me. Nowadays I don't use those devices anymore. I have my bluetooth headphones and my mobile phone and Spotify and whenever I'm out cycling, I have my podcasts or music on.

Music consumption has become so easy... and still leaves you with a lot of options... I enjoy playing vinyl albums or CDs... for the nostalgia darling.
          All of mine had been just sitting in cases for years and I hate to see things going unused that could be used by others. I regularly donate and pass on as much as I can - CDs. books, clothes, exercise equipment I no longer use, running shoes etc. I do not agree with accumulating and hoarding. But people are different.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

All of mine had been just sitting in cases for years and I hate to see things going unused that could be used by others. I regularly donate and pass on as much as I can - CDs. books, clothes, exercise equipment I no longer use, running shoes etc. I do not agree with accumulating and hoarding. But people are different.
            yes, everyone is different. I'm a collector. <3
            My Chart

Comment

That's cool babe, I like to keep my environment clutter free and spacious.

Comment

• I haven't bought a CD or Blu-ray since 2018. I'm all digital now, except for books. Never got used to my kindle.

Plus, your book collection can tell people a lot about who you are. One of the first things I analyze when I'm at somebody's place is their book shelf.

Comment

• When you realize that his book collection consists of a picture book and the decorative books that came with the shelf, but you're already falling..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                    I haven't bought a CD or Blu-ray since 2018. I'm all digital now, except for books. Never got used to my kindle.

Plus, your book collection can tell people a lot about who you are. One of the first things I analyze when I'm at somebody's place is their book shelf.
                    I keep my books in the sitting room though and new people are brought straight to the bedroom so we would already have had sex before you get to look at my books

Most guys never even get to see the other rooms in my apartment, let alone analyse what I have on my shelves.

Comment

I haven't bought a CD or Blu-ray since 2018. I'm all digital now, except for books. Never got used to my kindle.

I’m completely digital, including books - I had to give up on physical books when I tapped the page and looked at the top expecting the time to appear

I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Same for me.

Comment

I'm a pretentious snob...I only have classic books on my shelf like Goethe, Schuller, Fontane, Brecht, Mann, Grass...
                          I couldn't get thru a modern book if my life depended on it.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Well, you're a teacher, you're supposed to be intellectual after all . Not even something like Harry Potter?

Comment

But 10 year sounds really good. So, I assume you have artists of which you collect their albums?
                              Yes, my faves such as Nightwish, Lady Gaga, Lindsey Stirling... or if I enjoy an album a lot, then I try to get it physically as well. What has changed in the last ~2 years: I used to just buy the "normal" physical album back in the days, nowadays I buy bundles, sometimes including vinyls, cassettes, other merch as well to support my "faves".

Oh, and I'm a collector, too <3 I don't buy CDs to use them, I buy them to collect them / being able to look at the collection.

Comment

I'm a pretentious snob...I only have classic books on my shelf like Goethe, Schuller, Fontane, Brecht, Mann, Grass...
                                I couldn't get thru a modern book if my life depended on it.
                                You don't have Mariahs book proudly displayed ? I am SHOCKED.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

You don't have Mariahs book proudly displayed ? I am SHOCKED.
                                  ofc i have that... but that's a memoir...
                                  My Chart

Comment

ofc i have that... but that's a memoir...
                                    Still a book babe

Comment

• I only buy and keep Madonna albums, the rest went to a friend or a trash bin.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                        I only buy and keep Madonna albums, the rest went to a friend or a trash bin.
                                        That's cool and very social of you.
                                        That's not cool. Somebody could still enjoy those CDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

That's cool and very social of you.
                                          That's not cool. Somebody could still enjoy those CDs.
                                          Well, nobody wanted anything second hand during the beginning of the pandemic and i simply had no space.

There are people who collect cartoon boxes from trash bins in Turkey so i'm sure someone got them and probably sold them.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Well, nobody wanted anything second hand during the beginning of the pandemic and i simply had no space.

There are people who collect cartoon boxes from trash bins in Turkey so i'm sure someone got them and probably sold them.
                                            LOL you can do whatever you want with your things Sometimes what I do is I will leave books or things in the hallway or on top of a bin outside or in a clean box and I write "free to a good home" on them.

Comment

• "That's so social of you"

Can we please have the ignore function also hide quoted posts of ignored people?
                                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• I miss traveling to Europe. I'm blessed to have traveled to France, Germany, Turkey, Iceland, Austria, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Italy. The people were super cool and interested in me as a person. I wanna go back!
                                                Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                                  I miss traveling to Europe. I'm blessed to have traveled to France, Germany, Turkey, Iceland, Austria, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Italy. The people were super cool and interested in me as a person. I wanna go back!
                                                  Could you afford it financially at the moment? If yes, give it another half a year and you will be able to do it again!

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Could you afford it financially at the moment? If yes, give it another half a year and you will be able to do it again!
                                                    I was hoping to return in July around my birthday. Was thinking Nice, France and then a train to Monaco. I've always wanted to see the glamorous Monaco. But, I'll likely return to Nice and stay there. I'm sure hotels and Airbnb's for Monaco are HIGH in price.
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X