The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    bc of dog poo. I know fireworks aren't good for the wild-life bc they get scared. But it's only once a year. It's a tradition in my family to fire them up.
    fireworks of dog poo though
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Stepping into a pile of dog poo is not worse than losing a limb due to firework.
      "Lift up your head
      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• People still using fireworks are selfish af tbh. It's bad for the environment, bad for animals, bad for veterans, bad for the people working in factories, causing countless of insuries and fires and the list goes on. People are so tied to their "traditions" they don't even try to think beyond that. I hope they get banned. It's not needed. I grew up with my family using it as well but people need to adapt to growing knowledge and awereness.
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Fireworks are pure evil.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            Stepping into a pile of dog poo is not worse than losing a limb due to firework.
            the methane, gurl. Dogs kill THIS planet.

Also the nitrate that poisons the ground water. DOGS KILL EARTH.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Fireworks are proven to kill lots of birds yet people still use them.
              so are wind turbines... so back to coal?
              My Chart

Comment

• In Germany, there are lots of people working in the coal industry. So yeah, they would probably support coal over wind turbines ;) .
                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                and everything you stand for?
                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  In Germany, there are lots of people working in the coal industry
                  not true, you wouldn't even see a change in the national unemployment rate if all of them lost their jobs tomorrow

it's an extremely small number of people doing an extreme amount of damage, far worse than all drug dealers in the country combined.. and I say that as someone whose grandpa worked in coal (btw, grandpa thinks the same today)

Comment

In Germany, there are lots of people working in the coal industry. So yeah, they would probably support coal over wind turbines ;) .
                    actually Germany cut 50,000 jobs in renewable energy... only so a few thousand coal workers were saved. Germany was THE global leader in wind-energy between 2002-2008 or so... and today... we are like #154th out of all 196 nations in the world.
                    My Chart

Comment

well, I can't walk in the park bc of dogs.
                      People are supposed to clean up after their dogs or face fines. How can Germany allow dogs to poo everywhere without consequences..

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        People are supposed to clean up after their dogs or face fines. How can Germany allow dogs to poo everywhere without consequences..
                        That's actually not the case. There are fines as well.
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                          That's actually not the case. There are fines as well.
                          So Stevvy is probably exaggerating as usual.

Comment

bc of dog poo. I know fireworks aren't good for the wild-life bc they get scared. But it's only once a year. It's a tradition in my family to fire them up.
                            If it was only once a year, I'd have no problem with it. But they start weeks before NYE.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

It's people that kill this earth.

Comment

• Car's are bad for the planet to but I bet everyone in here has one. Stop being picky about things to be outraged about

Comment

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                    Car's are bad for the planet to but I bet everyone in here has one. Stop being picky about things to be outraged about
                                    I guess it heavily depends on where you live. If you live in a big city, you don't really need a car. I live in a town with 7.5k inhabitants - I can't go far without the help of a car .

Comment

I guess it heavily depends on where you live. If you live in a big city, you don't really need a car. I live in a town with 7.5k inhabitants - I can't go far without the help of a car .
                                      Get a bike. It's poor kids in 3rd world countries that walks 10 miles for a clean cup of water, sweetie.

Comment

• Has anyone here gotten laser eye surgery? I'm dying to get it, but scared of the procedure and the expense.
                                        late.

Comment

• @Aaronsmithjune1: In the end, I could get to any of my targets with other means of transport - it would only take 2 or 3 times as long. So yeah, using a car roots in convenience on one hand and education on the other hand. As I wrote, I live on the countryside and our environment really teaches you that it's important to have a car early on. If you haven't got one, you rather get strange looks ;) . In my early 20s, I mostly used public transport and so, I know all the advantages and disadvantages it carries too well ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                            Car's are bad for the planet to but I bet everyone in here has one. Stop being picky about things to be outraged about
                                            I am not legally allowed to drive.
                                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                                              Has anyone here gotten laser eye surgery? I'm dying to get it, but scared of the procedure and the expense.
                                              I did it and would do it again, though you are right about the expense. (In the long run, you save money on glasses/contacts, though I'm not sure if it makes up for the cost or not.) I would just make sure you go to someone reputable.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                I did it and would do it again, though you are right about the expense. (In the long run, you save money on glasses/contacts, though I'm not sure if it makes up for the cost or not.) I would just make sure you go to someone reputable.
                                                Thanks, glad to hear. I don't wear my glasses often because they give me headaches in my temples (especially when in work due to sharp lighting), so I feel it would be a good option. My eyesight isn't that bad, but I'm sick of everything outside of a close distance being low-key blurry.

Have you noticed any deterioration since the procedure?
                                                late.

Comment

• Currently reading this, a great book. Some things i've read are really heart breaking.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Has anyone here gotten laser eye surgery? I'm dying to get it, but scared of the procedure and the expense.
                                                    My brother did some years ago. He still wears his glasses sometimes though. But his eye sight was really poor, so he is glad he can wear thin glasses now.

Why don't you go for contact lenses?

Comment

In the end, I could get to any of my targets with other means of transport - it would only take 2 or 3 times as long. So yeah, using a car roots in convenience on one hand and education on the other hand. As I wrote, I live on the countryside and our environment really teaches you that it's important to have a car early on. If you haven't got one, you rather get strange looks ;) . In my early 20s, I mostly used public transport and so, I know all the advantages and disadvantages it carries too well ;) .
                                                      Same here. We even moved to where I work, so now I can walk to my work and even to the supermarket. So we sold our car, but after 12 years without a car we decided to get one again. Although we don't need it daily, it is convenient to have one, even if we don't use it for weeks sometimes. My brother lives in the west of our country and my sister in the east, while I live in the south. And my mother lives in Belgium. So when we didn't have a car, it was almost impossible to see my family unless I stayed over for a night.
                                                      But we only use the car when it's really needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                        My brother did some years ago. He still wears his glasses sometimes though. But his eye sight was really poor, so he is glad he can wear thin glasses now.

Why don't you go for contact lenses?
                                                        I'd love to go for contact lenses, but I can't put them in. I'm awful when it comes to touching my eyes - tried to put them in in the opticians for near 20 minutes and eventually gave up . Besides, even if I could get them in, my allergies are so bad that I probably wouldn't be suited to them.
                                                        late.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                          Currently reading this, a great book. Some things i've read are really heart breaking.
                                                          Oprah approves.

I have it on my reading list, too.

Comment

Thanks, glad to hear. I don't wear my glasses often because they give me headaches in my temples (especially when in work due to sharp lighting), so I feel it would be a good option. My eyesight isn't that bad, but I'm sick of everything outside of a close distance being low-key blurry.

Have you noticed any deterioration since the procedure?
                                                            Yes, a little - but I don't need glasses. My eyesight was really terrible before the surgery though. It worked right after the surgery, but I was told to go to sleep when I got home, which I did. The first thing I saw when I woke up was my dog looking up at me, and she wasn't blurry! I jumped right up from the couch

I was told I might need reading glasses when I'm older.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                              I am not legally allowed to drive.
                                                              Can I ask why?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X