The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    You can ask those in PM, not piggyback of my reply sis.
    Now don't act like you didn't pm me to ask that question
    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Not y'all going down during the ivy park Adidas release date. Who's responsible for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
        Not y'all going down during the ivy park Adidas release date. Who's responsible for this?
        Isn't that positive since it's gonna hide the flopping

Comment

• This train I am in stinks like tuna, did some str8s have sex here yikes

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
            Isn't that positive since it's gonna hide the flopping
            It's gonna do 500 BILLION DOLLARS in its first year

Comment

• what's the point of really expensive watches other than being a pointless wealth indicator?
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                what's the point of really expensive watches other than being a pointless wealth indicator?
                I don't know it's pretty stupid if you ask me. Rich people spend money so stupidly. I remember someone bought a painting a few years ago for like 450M that could bought so many poor families single family homes.

Comment

Now don't act like you didn't pm me to ask that question
                  Dahlings this is a non discussion since I'd never show my balls online anyway. I dabbled in that area for a moment with someone I knew online but I'm way too scared things like that would karma my way back.

I still hate my face btw. Never doing this again and I hope the week goes by fast lol.
                  "Lift up your head
                  Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

This train I am in stinks like tuna, did some str8s have sex here yikes
                    Ew I can smell it from just reading...
                    "Lift up your head
                    Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I don't know it's pretty stupid if you ask me. Rich people spend money so stupidly. I remember someone bought a painting a few years ago for like 450M that could bought so many poor families single family homes.
                      By Leonardo da Vinci - is this worth $450m?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...__65.6_cm.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Everything by Ghey Excellence da Vinci should be priced above 1 billion tbh.

He was THAT good.

Comment

The price of art is always an intangible thing, of course it's not worth that money in a realistic view but nothing is worth that kind of money. It's simply what people want to pay for it because others have decided how special something is.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                            The price of art is always an intangible thing, of course it's not worth that money in a realistic view but nothing is worth that kind of money. It's simply what people want to pay for it because others have decided how special something is.
                            I'm totally on board with art being worth $450m - I'm just not sure that particular piece is.

Comment

I'm totally on board with art being worth $450m - I'm just not sure that particular piece is.
                              It's way too bland for that money but I can see why it would be.
                              If I was mega rich I'd rather buy a Van Gogh.
                              "Lift up your head
                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

How (surprisingly) Dutch of you.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                  How (surprisingly) Dutch of you.
                                  Dutch artists do it best.
                                  "Lift up your head
                                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I also prefer Van Gogh's art but c'mon Leo Da Vinci was simply THAT bitch.

He was a genius prodigy in so many different fields, Van Gogh can't hold a candle against him.

Comment

I also prefer Van Gogh's art but c'mon Leo Da Vinci was simply THAT bitch.

He was a genius prodigy in so many different fields, Van Gogh can't hold a candle against him.
                                      I wonder if the internet had existed back then, the stan feuds....I almost wish it would have happened lol.
                                      "Lift up your head
                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• One of the problems with having so much wealth and money is that you need to keep earning in order to maintain what you have.

Case in point, the majority of the UK aristocracy - they live in these massive 10m mansions but it costs 500,000 per year to maintain them, and most of the aristocracy don't earn that.

A survey was run on what it would cost to own Downton Abbey - the estate is worth 70m but it costs 700,000 to maintain each year (including a 115,000 gardening bill!!).

Comment

• Art is always a good financial investment though
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

It's so ridiculous. Nothing is worth 450 million... especially not paintings.

I can understand a music catalogue to be worth such sums bc one would actually earn money with it...(over a certain period of time). But a painting? It's just there. It doesn't get better... only fainter.

On the topic if luxury watches... I would never own a Rolex... bc I am clumsy... I hit my wrist against all kinds of things... it would scratch or break and then what? $60,000 down the drain.

Also ... watches do not work better the more expensive they are. I also hate jewellry in any shape or form. So, I wear a cheap ass watch for work and take it off when I'm home.

On the topic of luxury fashion brands... I despite Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana... I judge people so hard when I see them wearing thise brands.
                                            My Chart

Comment

One of the problems with having so much wealth and money is that you need to keep earning in order to maintain what you have.

Case in point, the majority of the UK aristocracy - they live in these massive 10m mansions but it costs 500,000 per year to maintain them, and most of the aristocracy don't earn that.

A survey was run on what it would cost to own Downton Abbey - the estate is worth 70m but it costs 700,000 to maintain each year (including a 115,000 gardening bill!!).
                                              It's a mindf*ck really. So many times you hear that some superrich person goes bankrupt and we all wonder how on earth that's even possible, but it's exactly like you just said it is. Being rich is like being superfit; maintaining it is the hardest task.

I wouldn't ever want to be rich. I wouldn't want to be poor either obviously but as long as I don't have to worry about making it through the next month I'm perfectly fine.
                                              "Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I wonder if the internet had existed back then, the stan feuds....I almost wish it would have happened lol.
                                                In terms of feuding cities... Vienna would have clocked everyone. Well, Paris would have won a battle or two... but Vienna was the b!tch that kept on winning.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  It's so ridiculous. Nothing is worth 450 million... especially not paintings.

I can understand a music catalogue to be worth such sums bc one would actually earn money with it...(over a certain period of time). But a painting? It's just there. It doesn't get better... only fainter.

On the topic if luxury watches... I would never own a Rolex... bc I am clumsy... I hit my wrist against all kinds of things... it would scratch or break and then what? $60,000 down the drain.

Also ... watches do not work better the more expensive they are. I also hate jewellry in any shape or form. So, I wear a cheap ass watch for work and take it off when I'm home.

On the topic of luxury fashion brands... I despite Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana... I judge people so hard when I see them wearing thise brands.
                                                  Why is music more worthy than a painting in your opinion? Besides the somewhat weak reason you already added. Elaborate a bit more cause I'm honestly curious.
                                                  "Lift up your head
                                                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Why is music more worthy than a painting in your opinion? Besides the somewhat weak reason you already added. Elaborate a bit more cause I'm honestly curious.
                                                    BC... music is not physical... it's a record and the right to record xyz composition. You can also re-arrange music, re-produce it and make it more artistically awesome.

I was thinking of the Beatles' music catalogue which Michael Jackson owned until 2017. It was worth as much as it was bc it was generating as much as it did.

To me a painting can be great and wonderful, but it is fixed. If you have it and you do not want to donate it to a museum... it becomes your responsibility... you must take care of it, so it doesn't go kaputt.

When it comes to artistic value, I would rank them as such:

1. Music
                                                    2. Architecture
                                                    3. Film
                                                    4. Literature
                                                    5. Art

unranked: dance. lol.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

• My desire in life is to always earn more than I need - but I shan't lie, I'd love a lottery win.

I'll need to start playing first though.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                        BC... music is not physical... it's a record and the right to record xyz composition. You can also re-arrange music, re-produce it and make it more artistically awesome.

I was thinking of the Beatles' music catalogue which Michael Jackson owned until 2017. It was worth as much as it was bc it was generating as much as it did.

To me a painting can be great and wonderful, but it is fixed. If you have it and you do not want to donate it to a museum... it becomes your responsibility... you must take care of it, so it doesn't go kaputt.

When it comes to artistic value, I would rank them as such:

1. Music
                                                        2. Architecture
                                                        3. Film
                                                        4. Literature
                                                        5. Art

unranked: dance. lol.
                                                        The fact that it's fixed and unchangeable makes it special IMO. I can see where you're coming from though and why music would be more interesting. I think I would agree...but the mystery around a painting that's just 'there' intrigues me a lot.
                                                        "Lift up your head
                                                        Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Beethoven: 5M monthly listeners
                                                          Bach: 5.9M monthly listeners
                                                          Mozart: 4.4M monthly listeners
                                                          Janet: 4.1M monthly listeners

Thots?
                                                          Music discussion > Pop Talk.

Comment

My desire in life is to always earn more than I need - but I shan't lie, I'd love a lottery win.

I once had 5 (out of 6) right numbers in the lottery... and I won €24. I was so salty that day.
                                                            My Chart

Comment

My desire in life is to always earn more than I need - but I shan't lie, I'd love a lottery win.

Same. One of my nightmares is that my zipcode would win and I'm not participating LOL. But I don't think I'd spend my money on the gamble really.
                                                              "Lift up your head
                                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Working...
                                                              X