The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    I wonder if the internet had existed back then, the stan feuds....I almost wish it would have happened lol.
    In terms of feuding cities... Vienna would have clocked everyone. Well, Paris would have won a battle or two... but Vienna was the b!tch that kept on winning.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      It's so ridiculous. Nothing is worth 450 million... especially not paintings.

I can understand a music catalogue to be worth such sums bc one would actually earn money with it...(over a certain period of time). But a painting? It's just there. It doesn't get better... only fainter.

On the topic if luxury watches... I would never own a Rolex... bc I am clumsy... I hit my wrist against all kinds of things... it would scratch or break and then what? $60,000 down the drain.

Also ... watches do not work better the more expensive they are. I also hate jewellry in any shape or form. So, I wear a cheap ass watch for work and take it off when I'm home.

On the topic of luxury fashion brands... I despite Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana... I judge people so hard when I see them wearing thise brands.
      Why is music more worthy than a painting in your opinion? Besides the somewhat weak reason you already added. Elaborate a bit more cause I'm honestly curious.
      "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
      https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
      "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Why is music more worthy than a painting in your opinion? Besides the somewhat weak reason you already added. Elaborate a bit more cause I'm honestly curious.
        BC... music is not physical... it's a record and the right to record xyz composition. You can also re-arrange music, re-produce it and make it more artistically awesome.

I was thinking of the Beatles' music catalogue which Michael Jackson owned until 2017. It was worth as much as it was bc it was generating as much as it did.

To me a painting can be great and wonderful, but it is fixed. If you have it and you do not want to donate it to a museum... it becomes your responsibility... you must take care of it, so it doesn't go kaputt.

When it comes to artistic value, I would rank them as such:

1. Music
        2. Architecture
        3. Film
        4. Literature
        5. Art

unranked: dance. lol.
        My Chart

Comment

• My desire in life is to always earn more than I need - but I shan't lie, I'd love a lottery win.

I'll need to start playing first though.

Comment

BC... music is not physical... it's a record and the right to record xyz composition. You can also re-arrange music, re-produce it and make it more artistically awesome.

I was thinking of the Beatles' music catalogue which Michael Jackson owned until 2017. It was worth as much as it was bc it was generating as much as it did.

To me a painting can be great and wonderful, but it is fixed. If you have it and you do not want to donate it to a museum... it becomes your responsibility... you must take care of it, so it doesn't go kaputt.

When it comes to artistic value, I would rank them as such:

1. Music
            2. Architecture
            3. Film
            4. Literature
            5. Art

unranked: dance. lol.
            The fact that it's fixed and unchangeable makes it special IMO. I can see where you're coming from though and why music would be more interesting. I think I would agree...but the mystery around a painting that's just 'there' intrigues me a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
              Beethoven: 5M monthly listeners
              Bach: 5.9M monthly listeners
              Mozart: 4.4M monthly listeners
              Janet: 4.1M monthly listeners

Thots?
              Music discussion > Pop Talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                My desire in life is to always earn more than I need - but I shan't lie, I'd love a lottery win.

I once had 5 (out of 6) right numbers in the lottery... and I won €24. I was so salty that day.
                My Chart

Comment

My desire in life is to always earn more than I need - but I shan't lie, I'd love a lottery win.

Same. One of my nightmares is that my zipcode would win and I'm not participating LOL. But I don't think I'd spend my money on the gamble really.

Comment

By Leonardo da Vinci - is this worth $450m?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._×_65.6_cm.jpg
                    I just caught your shade, half an hour later

Comment

I just caught your shade, half an hour later
                      Huh?

Comment

• What are yall rankings of the Main Science Legends?

IMO:

1. Einstein
                        2. Newton
                        3. Gauß
                        4. Galileo
                        5. Da Vinci
                        6. Darwin
                        7. Leibniz
                        8. Tesla
                        9. Euler
                        10. Curie

Comment

Huh?

Comment

What are yall rankings of the Main Science Legends?

IMO:

1. Einstein
                            2. Newton
                            3. Gauß
                            4. Galileo
                            5. Da Vinci
                            6. Darwin
                            7. Leibniz
                            8. Tesla
                            9. Euler
                            10. Curie
                            Einstein and Newton were the main pop girls back in their times. The others cannot relate.

Their names are the most recognizable.
                            My Chart

Comment

• "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."

Comment

Einstein and Newton were the main pop girls back in their times. The others cannot relate.

Their names are the most recognizable.
                                Deserved since they have had the most profound impact on science and on the world.

Forgot to include legend Emmy Noether in my list. Without some of her theorems the foundations of physical laws would break down. She is actually way more accomplished than Curie.

Comment

• Rembrandt is the best. No painting beats De Nachtwacht.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I will not eat from anyone that keeps their dogs in the house... that's the nastiest thing in the world. Animals belong outside.
                                    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Mon January 13th, 2020, 10:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                      I will not eat from anyone that keeps their dogs in the house... that's the nastiest thing in the world. Animals belong outside.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        I said what I said. Even if you have them in the house. Keep them out the kitchen.

Comment

• Here are my Oscar predictions before nominees are revealed:
                                          -Leading Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
                                          -Leading Actress: Renée Zellweger
                                          -Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt
                                          -Supporting Actress: Laura Dern
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Those are not predictions. Esepcially not for nominations. Those are near 100% certainties to win at this point.

I'm looking forward to the noms and hope to see some surprises.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Well, you know Academy is predictable as hell and sadly there won't be any surprises
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                                I will not eat from anyone that keeps their dogs in the house... that's the nastiest thing in the world. Animals belong outside.

Pets like dogs definitely don't belong outside. Don't get one if you have problem with that. Breeding is basically manmade evolution and dogs need human affection. A dog is very different from a "usual animal".

I for one have a dog and he's allowed in the kitchen but I also have that weird habit of not preparing my meals on the floor.
                                                MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Whoever Gaga's new manager is, he deserves a huge congrats. Just look how far Gaga came since that Artpop era mess.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Someone who thinks dogs belong outside does not belong in my house anyway
                                                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Working...
                                                    X