The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I‘ve seen it all.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Lupita was snubbed.
      late.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
        I‘ve seen it all.

Have sex, save Australia? Nothing wrong there. But more importantly:

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
        I‘ve seen it all.
        Have you tried it all (the way)?
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• So pleased to see "Joker" as the most nominated film at the Oscars.

I just loved that movie, it's so stunning.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            So pleased to see "Joker" as the most nominated film at the Oscars.

I just loved that movie, it's so stunning.
            agree but it's no surprise tbh
            MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
              agree but it's no surprise tbh
              Not everything has to be a surprise though. It was an excellent movie and it was mainstream enough to guarantee nominations BUT I was not expecting it to be the most nominated film of the ceremony to be honest. I thought it would get 6-7 noms but ended up getting 11 noms which was amazing.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I still haven't seen Joker or other nominated movies yet.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                  Lupita was snubbed.
                  Yep, this is probably the one that bothers me the most. I though Us might even got a Best Pic nom.

I was really hoping J Lo would get in for Hustlers. Not that I think she would have won, but she was way more interesting than Kathy Bates crying her way through Richard Jewell.

Mostly ok with the nominations otherwise. Glad to see Parasite got a few noms.

Comment

• I HATE txt messages and / or whatsapp messages... my has been buzzing all afternoon today with the most mindless of content. I need better friends.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Whatsapp is like everything here in Latin America. It's highly relevant and excessively used, text messsges are not even used anymore and actual calls decreased since Whatsapp hit big over here.

However, yeah, I've noticed that Europeans are not that much into Whatsapp, at least not in the way Latin America is.

Comment

• However, yeah, I've noticed that Europeans are not that much into Whatsapp, at least not in the way Latin America is.
                        I don't know how much Whatsapp is used in Latin America, but it's also going very strong in Europe. It's used by everyone I know and basically the app for messages, calls and video calls. It could depend on a country to country basis I guess
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Whatsapp is basically the #1 message service here. I don't know what makes anyone think otherwise.
                          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• whatsapp is the #1 app in Germany as well.
                            My Chart

Comment

• I love my Bey but in a way, I a glad she missed the Oscars for Spirit (despite me liking the song). The reason is, every single person involved with The Lion King 2019 was only in it for the opportunity. EVERYONE lack the passion many of us feel/felt while watching the original cartoon. The film was a quick cash grab and it did just that, which I am glad because of the cast, but it was nothing more. I will only watch the original cartoon if I have the Lion King urge.

I simply cannot believed how many actors of color were completely shutout again, despite having an incredible year.
                              Awkwafina (The Farewell)
                              Lupita N'Yongo (Us)
                              Song Kang-Ho (Parasite)
                              Cho Yeo-jeong (Parasite)
                              Jennifer Lopez (Hustlers)
                              Octavia Spencer (Luce)
                              Zhao Shuzhen (The Farewell)
                              Jamie Foxx (Just Mercy)
                              Alfre Woodard (Clemency)
                              Eddie Murphy (Dolemite is my Name)
                              and many more....
                              Diva!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                  Someone who thinks dogs belong outside does not belong in my house anyway
                                  Same here. I don't trust people who think like that.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                    I love my Bey but in a way, I a glad she missed the Oscars for Spirit (despite me liking the song). The reason is, every single person involved with The Lion King 2019 was only in it for the opportunity. EVERYONE lack the passion many of us feel/felt while watching the original cartoon. The film was a quick cash grab and it did just that, which I am glad because of the cast, but it was nothing more. I will only watch the original cartoon if I have the Lion King urge.

I simply cannot believed how many actors of color were completely shutout again, despite having an incredible year.
                                    Awkwafina (The Farewell)
                                    Lupita N'Yongo (Us)
                                    Song Kang-Ho (Parasite)
                                    Cho Yeo-jeong (Parasite)
                                    Octavia Spencer (Luce)
                                    Jamie Foxx (Just Mercy)
                                    Alfre Woodard (Clemency)
                                    and many more....
                                    I actually don't care that she hasn't been nominated since she wouldn't have won anyway, I was just hoping for that performance.

But yes POC were robbed once again
                                    MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      I'll vote, but shame some people changed their names. [MENTION=23048]IVyoncé[/MENTION] is the same as Jesper from Groningen, right?

Comment

• Yes he is
                                        MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          I'll vote, but shame some people changed their names. [MENTION=23048]IVyoncé[/MENTION] is the same as Jesper from Groningen, right?
                                          Yeah I am Jesper, but I am not from Groningen haha but from Zaandam

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                            Yeah I am Jesper, but I am not from Groningen haha but from Zaandam
                                            I guess I got you mixed up with [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]. I believe he is from Groningen.

Comment

• I'm so confused about this conversation LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                                I love my Bey but in a way, I a glad she missed the Oscars for Spirit (despite me liking the song). The reason is, every single person involved with The Lion King 2019 was only in it for the opportunity. EVERYONE lack the passion many of us feel/felt while watching the original cartoon. The film was a quick cash grab and it did just that, which I am glad because of the cast, but it was nothing more. I will only watch the original cartoon if I have the Lion King urge.

Awkwafina (The Farewell)
                                                Lupita N'Yongo (Us)
                                                Song Kang-Ho (Parasite)
                                                Cho Yeo-jeong (Parasite)
                                                Octavia Spencer (Luce)
                                                Jamie Foxx (Just Mercy)
                                                Alfre Woodard (Clemency)
                                                and many more....
                                                It would be worth much more to tune in if they had nominated even just two or three of those names - (or Bey). I didn't see Alfre or Octavia's movies, but I can vouch for the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                  I guess I got you mixed up with [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]. I believe he is from Groningen.
                                                  I am. Are you too [MENTION=23048]IVyoncé[/MENTION] ? And you're name is Jesper lol...the odds.

Comment

• It's a shame that POC and female directors were snubbed this year
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X