Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by vespertine View Post
    No you're not, you're in a seated position.

    95 percent of people are unable to squat down past parallel so no. All you have to do is raise your legs on a small platform lean forward slightly and voila.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      95 percent of people are unable to squat down past parallel so no. All you have to do is raise your legs on a small platform lean forward slightly and voila.
      Right, which emulates the squatting position. That's why they recommend it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        You don’t stan anymore, [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet?
        Why would I stop wanting him?
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vespertine View Post
          Right, which emulates the squatting position. That's why they recommend it.
          You're missing the point that 95 percent of people are able to get into that position without falling over.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            You're missing the point that 95 percent of people are able to get into that position without falling over.
            Hence why they recommend you put your legs up on something and lean forward, to emulate it. But that is a different (and healthier) position than the standard 'seated' one in the diagram above. I'm not sure what we're talking about truth be told.

            Comment


            • Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
              I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
              Anyone else who does that?
              "Lift up your head
              Lift up your heart..."

              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
                I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
                Anyone else who does that?
                Every day! Put on my headphones and walk! Lately I've been doong it on the daily basis, not so regular before.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                .

                Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                Comment


                • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  Every day! Put on my headphones and walk! Lately I've been doong it on the daily basis, not so regular before.
                  Headphones on and walk. That's what I do too. It's my fave way of listening to music..the combination with nature and being active.
                  "Lift up your head
                  Lift up your heart..."

                  https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                    Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
                    I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
                    Anyone else who does that?
                    Every day at work during lunch break. It's a great way to get a clear and freshened up mind.
                    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                      Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
                      I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
                      Anyone else who does that?
                      Yeah, I aim for 10,000 steps a day, which is the full extent of exercise I get these days.
                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [110-106]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                        Yeah, I aim for 10,000 steps a day, which is the full extent of exercise I get these days.
                        I aim for that too, it's a nice goal honestly. It does take a couple of hours to get there so I consider that a good amount of exercise. I incorporate a lot of cycling too though since I don't have a driver's license.
                        "Lift up your head
                        Lift up your heart..."

                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                          Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
                          I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
                          Anyone else who does that?
                          Yes I do. I walk for one hour three times a week. One of the main reasons I signed up to Spotify premium.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                            Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
                            I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
                            Anyone else who does that?
                            my 10000 steps baby... I try to get them as often as I can. It's funny how you see the same roads... the same forests... or paths from a whole different perspective when you walk along them and don't drive by them.

                            It's freeing.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              my 10000 steps baby... I try to get them as often as I can. It's funny how you see the same roads... the same forests... or paths from a whole different perspective when you walk along them and don't drive by them.

                              It's freeing.
                              I can't wait till Summer, I love walking around before/during/after sunset that season. You really see so much more like you said.
                              "Lift up your head
                              Lift up your heart..."

                              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                              Comment


                              • @Hejira: Every now and then, I see people walking through my district. Before applying for membership at the gym, I thought about doing it but never actually practised it. I have to say that I don't do much cardio as my endurance isn't really notable. I mostly do weight training...
                                WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  @Hejira: Every now and then, I see people walking through my district. Before applying for membership at the gym, I thought about doing it but never actually practised it. I have to say that I don't do much cardio as my endurance isn't really notable. I mostly do weight training...
                                  Applying ? Did you have to be approved !?

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                    Anyone here who takes walks just for the sake of taking a walk?
                                    I've incorporated it in my "routine" because I feel I don't get enough movement otherwise.
                                    Anyone else who does that?
                                    I looove walking, hiking, cycling etc. It's perfect to get your mind of things.
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Applying ? Did you have to be approved !?
                                      In Germany only beautiful and apparently thin people are allowed to use the gym. Fatties get free MacDonald's vouchers.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                        @Hejira: Every now and then, I see people walking through my district. Before applying for membership at the gym, I thought about doing it but never actually practised it. I have to say that I don't do much cardio as my endurance isn't really notable. I mostly do weight training...
                                        It depends on what you need I suppose! I definitely need cardio cause I do like to have a glass of wine or a pizza. I always say that I do cardio so I can eat, but I've also got to love doing cardio. Like [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] said, if you walk around you see so much more, you can make it a moment. When I feel I need a bit more intensive 'action' I go biking for an hour. As long as I can be outside it's all good.
                                        Weight training is really more of a thing you really need to just 'do', it's equally important but it's much more of a focussed training. It's not like you're lifting weights while enjoying the birds and the bees around you lol.
                                        "Lift up your head
                                        Lift up your heart..."

                                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          In Germany only beautiful and apparently thin people are allowed to use the gym. Fatties get free MacDonald's vouchers.
                                          I screamed, I used to date a very beautiful and sexy guy from Berlin and I spent quite a lot of time there at one point. The German men .. mmmmm.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                            It depends on what you need I suppose! I definitely need cardio cause I do like to have a glass of wine or a pizza. I always say that I do cardio so I can eat, but I've also got to love doing cardio. Like [MENTION=4090]stevyy[/MENTION] said, if you walk around you see so much more, you can make it a moment. When I feel I need a bit more intensive 'action' I go biking for an hour. As long as I can be outside it's all good.
                                            Weight training is really more of a thing you really need to just 'do', it's equally important but it's much more of a focussed training. It's not like you're lifting weights while enjoying the birds and the bees around you lol.
                                            I often incorporate some bodyweight training into my walks, especially in a park or in the countryside. Ill stop and do some push ups, squats, hold a plank, later ill stop again and do some lunges, dips and crunches. I do this a lot in the summer as we also have some exercise parks outside with machines, bars, benches etc. I have seen and used these in Holland when I was there last summer.

                                            Comment


                                            • My boss: "Should I put the muffins by Cindy's desk or Tina's? I'm going to put the muffins by Cindy's desk because she's new, that way you have to go say hi to her if you want a muffin. Is that okay guys? Is that okay? Or are you mad at me for doing that?"

                                              Meanwhile we're three people short and inundated with emails. You really can't make this shit up.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                In Germany only beautiful and apparently thin people are allowed to use the gym. Fatties get free MacDonald's vouchers.
                                                It's true #OnlySnatchedAllowed

                                                COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by vespertine View Post
                                                  My boss: "Should I put the muffins by Cindy's desk or Tina's? I'm going to put the muffins by Cindy's desk because she's new, that way you have to go say hi to her if you want a muffin. Is that okay guys? Is that okay? Or are you mad at me for doing that?"

                                                  Meanwhile we're three people short and inundated with emails. You really can't make this shit up.
                                                  Lol...
                                                  "They didn't take a muffin..." and the story continued while the new girl still feels confused.
                                                  "Lift up your head
                                                  Lift up your heart..."

                                                  https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Reminds me of this song [MENTION=97399]vespertine[/MENTION]

                                                    "Lift up your head
                                                    Lift up your heart..."

                                                    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X