No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is that Jon Miller tho? Some MAGA supporter?

Comment

• Forgot to watch the Oscars but I’m sure I didn’t miss anything important.

Wait... Feminem showed up 17 years too late? Then I really didn’t miss anything.
      Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
      All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• I actually stayed up and watched Oscars. When Ford v. Ferrari started winning technicals (both sound and editing) I knew Parasite was taking home the big prize over 1917 which seemed to have an edge in precursors, but Parasite was always a very probable winner. 1917 obviously didn't have as much love with the Academy voters as with various branches it has been winning.

So glad we finally have a first foreign language winner at the Oscars. And Best Director category is also very non US heavy in the last 10 years. I'm so glad Oscars are seemingly moving into global territory.

No big surprises overall though. Actors/Scripts/Music&Song all went to expected winners.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          Forgot to watch the Oscars but I’m sure I didn’t miss anything important.

Wait... Feminem showed up 17 years too late? Then I really didn’t miss anything.
          Cynthia was great, you can catch that on YT though.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This woman is so freaking versatile. Loving her on "The Outsider".
            "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
            https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
            "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• She was also great on Carrier (a podcast).

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Cynthia was great, you can catch that on YT though.
                Any black actors win anything?
                All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  Any black actors win anything?
                  Sadly no. They weren't even nominated except Cynthia
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post

Yikes. Xenophobia & racism against Asians have always been here so are we surprised?
                    Thats probably one of those people who never watches foreign films, becouse "having to read subtitles is too much trouble/weard" and they are used that everything is in English

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Sadly no. They weren't even nominated except Cynthia

We really have gone back to the 19th century.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                        This woman is so freaking versatile. Loving her on "The Outsider".
                        Is that show good? Been wanting to watch it but didn't know if it was worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Is that show good? Been wanting to watch it but didn't know if it was worth it.
                          I haven't made my mind up yet honestly. Acting, cinematography, vibe and story are all brilliant but I have found several episodes to be excruciatingly slooooooww. I don't mind slow but for atleast 2 episodes out of the 6 that aired so little happened. I definitely found the book way more engaging so far.

Comment

I haven't made my mind up yet honestly. Acting, cinematography, vibe and story are all brilliant but I have found several episodes to be excruciatingly slooooooww. I don't mind slow but for atleast 2 episodes out of the 6 that aired so little happened. I definitely found the book way more engaging so far.
                            Thx I'll check it out. Not kinda in the mood for a slow paced show lately tho.

Comment

• so are the Oscars a US American Awards show only? I thought it'd be inclusive, thence seeing all them Brits winning awards and Chritoph Waltz etc...

If the Oscars are an US only thang... then they really hold no value whatsoever.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Well, the award show is US-based and reflects on cinematography from an Anglophone point of view - otherwise there would be no need for a 'foreign language film' category. However, films from all categories and genres are or at least should be qualified to win 'Best Picture', which may also be a 'foreign language film'. As the show is US-based, it's a sign of respect to make your acceptance speech in English - as long as your language skills allow you to do so. On the other hand, if a US-American happens to win an international award in let's say Japan, you could hardly expect him/her to speak Japanese either - well, besides Avril Lavigne maybe ;) .

-----

Speaking of Japan: It's always impressive how their taste in music is totally independent from Western influences. The last Western No. 1 album was 'The Greatest Showman' there. Depending on which chart you choose, the last Western No. 1 single goes back to at least The Wanted's 'Glad You Came' (Does anyone on here even remember them?), if not even further in the past. Neither 'Hello', 'Shape of You' nor 'Despacito' were able to reach No. 1 there, which is very interesting to me.
                                Last edited by theMathematician; Tue February 11th, 2020, 20:10.
                                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Random:

I think it is a great thing many millennials are waiting to have children. There is so much in the world that we should see before committing a lifetime to becoming a parent. My dad has 5 kids total.

Brother/Sister - 30
                                  Me - 28
                                  Sister - 23
                                  Brother - 22

Only my older brother has kids (1 boy/1 girl). My dad's sister that passed away has 4 kids, all 20 and older. Only her 30 year old daughter has children. My grandmother is constantly asking me about children and I told her ass to WAIT. There are still things I want to do and accomplish before I become a parent.
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• I guess I'm the opposite to your observation. I am 25 and would like to have children, just don't have a partner yet. I'm not sitting here waiting day and night as I have other commitments (college, work, gym), but I don't mind it happening. I also don't want to wait too long as I still want my granny to get to know her great-grandchildren (I don't want to count on her making it to Queen Elizabeth's age.) and, unlike you, I come from a rather small family :/ .
                                    ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• I can't stand children so i won't have any. I dream of cities where children under 18 are banned to enter, so that shows how reluctant i am to have children.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I don't think I'll have any. I don't see myself settling down with anyone anytime soon plus I'm 32 now and can barely take care of myself.
                                        I refuse to be a 50 year old father or something.

Comment

• I have 25 kids to take care of daily for the next 40 years of my life, so I don't think I'm ready to have on my own.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I really want to have my own children but not now. Right now I am way too occupied with work / setting up things for later in life. At an age between 30-35 would be ideal.

It's gonna be really hard and complicated though since the supposed "liberal and tolerant" Germany makes it almost impossibly hard as a ghey to have children (own or adopted).

Comment

I I'm 32 now and can barely take care of myself.
                                              I refuse to be a 50 year old father or something.
                                              Haha this. Although im 24

Plus im not that fond of children anyway, and i think people are underestimating how much responsebility it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

Haha this. Although im 24

Plus im not that fond of children anyway, and i think people are underestimating how much responsebility it is.
                                                Exactly! And I lack responsibility sometimes LOL I'd prolly forget to pick them up from school or something

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                  I really want to have my own children but not now. Right now I am way too occupied with work / setting up things for later in life. At an age between 30-35 would be ideal.

It's gonna be really hard and complicated though since the supposed "liberal and tolerant" Germany makes it almost impossibly hard as a ghey to have children (own or adopted).

Comment

• There are too many people already .
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X