Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
    Jamming to this
    Nice song. Did you listen to MIKA's latest album? It has some really great tracks.
    My Instagram... - Click here

    Comment


    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Guys, you won't believe what just happened: Remember when I reported how my friend and I parted ways? I haven't thought of him ever since, but through our common forum, I received a PM from him, telling me that he regrets how he treated me and that he really misses communicating with me. Apparently, he's gone through a hard time and used this stress against the people who actually stand by his side. Is he the person who deserves a 2nd chance or not?
      I think Colbie gave you some sound advice. I mean, why let him back in your life when he was so demanding? But only you know if it's worth having him back. I am usually for giving people another chance. If it was my friend, I'd probably say something nice, but wouldn't go back to his terms (answering right back, listening to an hour long voice mail, etc.) And if he can't appreciate that, he isn't worth it IMO.
      My Instagram... - Click here

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tansike View Post
        Where I work it‘s kinda ok to go to the internet, as long as the quality and quantity of your work is (more than) fine.

        (Plus I‘m the head of finance, so having a great place for myself )
        that's the thing though I am also kinda very effective with my tasks and finish them pretty fast then I browse the internet for the remaining time until I get new tasks but now I have to act like I am working all the time even though I have finished my tasks long time ago and I could be using my time wisely by either sexting with my BF, browsing music forums or by looking at Dua's instagram where she is showing her firm t!ts



        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

        Comment


        • @RayRay: Thanks again for your helpful reply! I wrote him a message telling that I appreciated our early conversations, and that the way it developed into a toxic relationship was enough for me to give it a break. I told him that I won't close the door for good but want him to fix all his issues first and take his time for that.
          Now his answer: He claims that it indeed was a toxic relationship and that he still doesn't know how that could happen. His issues may take longer to be fixed, but he claims to have learned his lesson, that he feels sorry for it all and that he really wants to get in contact with me again.

          Being honest, this is going too fast for me. There's no way I'll go back to his terms and I'm not sure whether he's really able to treat me with the respect I expect from a friend.
          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
          and everything you stand for?
          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
          just to tell you that I see more?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by beredy View Post



            But it's really stupid you don't get a notification when somebody comments your posts. You can literally never see the comment if the thread is more active. And honestyl comments kind of look a bit invisible in the general outline for me.
            You need to switch it on in your settings - go to settings, notifications and tick “Comments on your discussion”.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              You need to switch it on in your settings - go to settings, notifications and tick “Comments on your discussion”.
              Thanks! So everything is enabled by default except that.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
              .

              Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

              Comment


              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                Being honest, this is going too fast for me. There's no way I'll go back to his terms and I'm not sure whether he's really able to treat me with the respect I expect from a friend.
                If it's going too fast, don't answer right away. But every time you answer, first wait a few days. See how he reacts and if he can deal with that. Do it on your terms now. Don't let him hurry you. If he thinks your friendship is worth it, he will wait.
                My Instagram... - Click here

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  Some of you are lucky you're not a teacher. I turn off my phone from 8:00 till 12:00. And from 13:00 to 15:30. When there are children around, I have no time to look at my phone or go on the internet for anything else than my work. When the children are gone home, I only turn my phone on for emergencies and only use the internet for work and Spotify.
                  That's why you usually only find me on UKMIX in the evening. Except for those last weeks as we had to work home and I can choose my working hours myself.
                  Nobody should really be lounging around on the internet at work regardless of your profession.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    Guys, you won't believe what just happened: Remember when I reported how my friend and I parted ways? I haven't thought of him ever since, but through our common forum, I received a PM from him, telling me that he regrets how he treated me and that he really misses communicating with me. Apparently, he's gone through a hard time and used this stress against the people who actually stand by his side. Is he the person who deserves a 2nd chance or not?
                    i am curious to know what forum this is lol

                    Comment


                    • It's got to do with the first career I used to pursue, so nothing special.
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

                      Comment


                      • Why would you call your child X A-12? Poor kid.... Such names should not be allowed. How can you be so stupid to name your kid that?
                        You drew stars around my scars

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                          Why would you call your child X A-12? Poor kid.... Such names should not be allowed. How can you be so stupid to name your kid that?
                          These people are so poisoned by status that being pretentious is all they have left to hold on to, in my opinion. You get crazy like that when you're out of touch with your core.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

                          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            As with most kids, I used to fear not being up to date anymore one day. I'm in my 20s and notice first tendencies in that regard, so I can only assume what you're feeling like, being in your 40s. My dad, who is in his 60s, told me that, when he was a young man, he knew all the 'hot' songs and now he no longer does - sign of the times. I still regularly listen to the radio and everything that's part of public life. I don't use streaming platforms, so do not know about its exclusive content. I noticed that too much time online isn't working in favor of my mental health, so I'll try to limit that a bit and even more by the time the Corona restrictions are over. The consequence of that will be that it'll be harder to stay in touch with musicians whose main popularity comes from platforms like You Tube.
                            Oh I am in my 40s... well, I used to know every Top 40 song from 1990-1994, the vast majority of them until the end of the decade but not as faithfully, then went back to knowing and also liking almost everything in the Top 40 throughout the big hip-hop period 2000-2010. I think from 2010 onwards I kinda lost interest gradually. In 2010 I was 33 so it was around then it started but really really slow. First I liked about half of the songs, then even less, then almost nothing but I still knew who everybody was, now I don't even know them lol... I still check out the charts but now multiple charts instead oftjust the mainstream ones (which I find horrid to be honest). I have a 25 years old colleague sharing the same office with me at work and she made for me a playlist and the only song I liked there was the only oldie she put (Shakira's La Tortura lol)... it's that bad now
                            jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

                            Comment


                            • @Colbie: I feel sorry for children with such over-the-top names. I used to work at a school for half a year and was so happy that every child had a name you could actually spell out. People have already been messing up my name and it's not even that exotic. But it's taught me to give my own children names that are 1. no double names, 2. easy to spell and write, 3. are common German or at least European names. I actually contemplate your future Queen's name ^^ .

                              @jio: Guess that's how things develop as you get older :( . And I mean, you represent the average age group in Western countries, so you represent a big part of its society actually. Either way, I'm trying to stay 'informed' without forcing myself to know every new trend, that's how you age in grace, I guess.
                              Last edited by theMathematician; Wed May 6th, 2020, 20:21.
                              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                              and everything you stand for?
                              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                              just to tell you that I see more?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                Why would you call your child X A-12? Poor kid.... Such names should not be allowed. How can you be so stupid to name your kid that?
                                A name like that is not allowed by Californian law so there is no way that is what is on the birth cert.

                                Comment


                                • ^As it should be!

                                  Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  @Colbie: I feel sorry for children with such over-the-top names. I used to work at a school for half a year and was so happy that every child had a name you could actually spell out. People have already been messing up my name and it's not even that exotic. But it's taught me to give my own children names that are 1. no double names, 2. easy to spell and write, 3. are common German or at least European names. I actually contemplate your future Queen's name ^^ .
                                  Amalia isn't actualy that bad!


                                  You drew stars around my scars

                                  Comment


                                  • I meant it in a positive way, I could imagine calling my child like that ;) .
                                    Last edited by theMathematician; Thu May 7th, 2020, 12:11.
                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                    and everything you stand for?
                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                    just to tell you that I see more?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                      I meant it in a positive way, I could imagine my child calling like that ;) .
                                      Oh i know, i got that! I was just saying it wouldn't be a bad choice! Sorry if it was a bit hard to understand
                                      You drew stars around my scars

                                      Comment


                                      • I do like names that are not too common. Whenever someone mentions Wesley, Bas or Sanne, I'm like: "Which one?"
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

                                        Comment


                                        • I love old lady names, always put a smile on my face. A new generation of Rosas, Gretas, Fridas, Paulas, Albertas, Elisabeths and Hildegards would be so cool.

                                          Comment


                                          • The generation born in the 00s and 10s is the one with the over-the-top names and as many of them will be fed up with having to spell their names on and on and on, they will give their children easy and traditional names; I can definitely see that coming, yes. At least one of my children will have such an old name, I'm almost certain about that.
                                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                            and everything you stand for?
                                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                            just to tell you that I see more?

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                              I love old lady names, always put a smile on my face. A new generation of Rosas, Gretas, Fridas, Paulas, Albertas, Elisabeths and Hildegards would be so cool.
                                              We have a girl at our school, whose name is Rosa. Also, Roos (Dutch for Rose) is very common these days here.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                The generation born in the 00s and 10s is the one with the over-the-top names and as many of them will be fed up with having to spell their names on and on and on, they will give their children easy and traditional names; I can definitely see that coming, yes. At least one of my children will have such an old name, I'm almost certain about that.
                                                My sister has a name she always has to spell and repeat. Still, she gave her children names that are not so common.

                                                My brother gave his children old fashioned names though. Both of my siblings gave "international" names though. As we've lived abroad, we know a name that is easy to pronounce in English, is a big plus in the world of today.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                                Comment


                                                • Lady Gaga was really that bitch omg

                                                  Comment


                                                  • A really random thought: In the beginning, I always read Britney Spears's song as 'And the we kiss' and wondered what the 'we kiss' is . When I found out that I missed the 'n', I was like 'oh!'.
                                                    Same for when I read the comment 'Nivea is not a hand cream' and wondered about a hidden deeper meaning until I understood that it's not 'Nivea' but 'Niveau' and supposed to be meant metaphorically .
                                                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                    and everything you stand for?
                                                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                    just to tell you that I see more?

                                                    Comment


                                                    • But when you listen to And Then We Kiss it's clear she says then and not the. Phonetically there's a difference.
                                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                      .

                                                      Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                                        I feel like it’s a lot easier to get critical acclaim these days ... I don’t if critics have just softened a lot but even pitchfork seem to dish out a lot more 7s and 8s than they used to (for pop acts at least)
                                                        Well honestly before they hated pop so that's why the low marks on pop before. Like 7 is still a C+ grade album if you translate it into grades. Not that great, just good. That being said Pitchfork grades are all over the place and I rarely agree with them anyway.
                                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                        .

                                                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                        Comment


                                                        • I used to follow and enjoy reading Pitchfork, but noticed how biased and trash they actually are, so I stopped bothering. And their comment section on Facebook is even worse.

                                                          last.fm

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                            Lady Gaga was really that bitch omg
                                                            Which songs on The Fame Monster were you listening to?
                                                            COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                              A really random thought: In the beginning, I always read Britney Spears's song as 'And the we kiss' and wondered what the 'we kiss' is . When I found out that I missed the 'n', I was like 'oh!'.
                                                              Same for when I read the comment 'Nivea is not a hand cream' and wondered about a hidden deeper meaning until I understood that it's not 'Nivea' but 'Niveau' and supposed to be meant metaphorically .
                                                              What would "Niveau is not a handcream" even mean...
                                                              "Lift up your head
                                                              Lift up your heart..."

                                                              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X