No announcement yet.

The [Civil] Unpopular Opinions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two LadBaby songs are two best UK # 1s from last 5 years.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

The lack of taste..

Comment

[MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION]: You're right, women are very well allowed to spend their money and time on fashion and beauty. I'm just not sure whether they do it for themselves, to impress other females or even men. Just in case it's the latter, I wanted to let her know that men like her the way she is, irrespective of the clothes she wears ;) .
        ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          The lack of taste..
          Quality of chart music is very poor now.
          LadBaby covers were fun and I will rate them as 4/10.

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
            Two LadBaby songs are two best UK # 1s from last 5 years.
            WHAT.

Comment

^LastDreamer has an... Interesting taste in music.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                ^LastDreamer has an... Interesting taste in music.
                Too non-mainstream for chart fans, but too trashy for indie snobs.

Comment

Scooter Braun is hot af
                  Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
                  #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                    Scooter Braun is hot af
                    He could be my master any day of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                      He could be my master any day of the week
                      Gr8 minds think alike

He looks exactly like the type of guy I would hook up with

Comment

Nah. Douche bag personality written all over his face.

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                          Gr8 minds think alike

He looks exactly like the type of guy I would hook up with
                          Sweet jesus. this man is fine.

Comment

Eww

Comment

She made several points here. I don’t like listening to an album in the wrong order or skipping songs.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I always listen to albums starting with the first song. Exceptions for me are when the album starts with the lead single and that one got overplayed to the core. That's why I prefer albums with a non-single as opener.
                                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

I'm an album person myself. There's nothing better than playing a fully realized album from start to finish. But honestly most of the artists STILL don't care about making a cohesive album that has some kind of focus point/idea which it revolves around. Especially big label artists. It's all about chasing that hit and collecting various sounding songs in hopes some can become huge hits.

Comment

I agree with you @beredy. I would like more artists to see their albums as entire works of art. It was pretty clever by Madonna to release 'Confessions' as an album with each song flowing into another. I'm still at Marina & the Diamonds' 'Electra Heart' and Janelle Monae's 'The ArchAndroid' for telling such complex stories throughout the records. The idea of Beyoncé's 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' was great by showing both sides of personality, but I believe that she could've made more out of it, more complexity, more vulnerability, maybe even more lyrical or musical contradictions. However, really making a thing out of an album is what separates an artist from a sole singer imo.
                                    Last edited by theMathematician; Thu January 16th, 2020, 18:04.
                                    ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

I agree with Halsey entirely. Albums are just like films in that you wouldn't watch a scene on its own, or out of order, and get the full picture. The best albums are structured in such a way that there are peaks and valleys, big climaxes and then releases, etc. I thought Melodrama by Lorde was exceptional at this. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill too.

Comment

I don't care about lyrics of a song, as long as melody is catchy, i like it
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          I don't care about lyrics of a song, as long as melody is catchy, i like it
                                          Don't want to be a snob but wow you are missing out on a LOT of great music with that mindset.
                                          Lyrics, melody, vocals, production. All are important to me.
                                          It also works the other way around, terrible lyrics are a huge turnoff for me.

I'm an album person too btw. I can't listen to random playlists or shuffle music, it takes away from the whole intention.
                                          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                            Eww
                                            Right? They can have him
                                            "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                            https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                            "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Right? They can have him
                                              And me & Aaronsmithjune1 gladly will

Comment

Working...
                                              X