School days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School days

Skelo, the master of ideas, has inspired this topic through another MSN convo.....

For those of you who have finished high school/college, if you could go back and change it all, would you do it and what would you change/erase? Do you miss being at school at all or not?

This is a topic to share some experiences and stuff (I occasionally miss being there, but only for the social aspect of it and seeing my high school friends 5 times a week - now I'm lucky if I see them at all in a year)....personally, if I had the chance to go back, I'd only really change one thing for sure:

My first ever boyfriend - I'd completely erase him out of the picture
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Are ya gonna make a song out of it, Shell?

June 12

Sheleee - B.L.U.R.B
    Ollie - The Christmas EP
    www.myspace.com/olliegoulding

Comment

I'd love to go back to be honest. Yet when you're there, you feel like it's torture!

I would try and be a less annoying person, and I would have kept my mouth shut about fancying my best mate's girlfriend! :-? I would've worked harder in the last few years and gone to college like I intended to, but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie44
        Are ya gonna make a song out of it, Shell?

June 12

Sheleee - B.L.U.R.B
        Not unless I change my name via deed poll no
        Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

I don't wish to go back at all!

It was pretty crap, it was so grimey, there was a lot of grafiti, and chewing gum stuck everywhere

If I could change, I guess I wouldn't have been so annoying in my early years, as a few people resented me for that, also, if I could turn back a year or so, I wouldn't have came out to my friends, and just kept it a secret, I mean, they were cool with it, but oh the questions!
          Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
          There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Comment

I wouldn't have broken my arm through my own stupidity. That'd be about it really.
            Loo's Views - Read My Column NOW at http://www.smashwrestling.com
            smashlife.blogspot.com - It's basic Smash-anomics!

Comment

Id completly change EVERYTHING
              He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

I'd have changed the way I acted in the first 2 years, cause they effected the way I was treated in the next 3.
                i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

I dunno.
                  I'd definitely do stuff differently. Like get on a good course in college that would lead to me to a good degree in uni - rather than being stuck in a dead end job like I am at the mo!

As for school. Well, I hated my time at school. Bullied and all that crap. I wouldn't wanna go back to that, but meh. I really liked college - made some good friends!
                  When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                  Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

Wow school was like a whole 2 weeks ago for me!
                    I'd change my lesson options!
                    What the hell was I thinking choosing French! I am so much better at art?!

Comment

Awww, school!

Well the whole experience was a bit up and down for me I guess, I mean I made some really great mates and have loads of good memories, but there were some bad times...

I went to an all boys secondary school, so I guess that explains a lot Heh, but seriously, sometimes I wonder how different things would've been if I went to a 'normal' school instead of a grammar... I mean, when I finished my GCSE's, everyone expected me to go on to do my A-levels and go on and study medicine or something intellectual like that - and instead I went off to study music, heh! I really enjoy what I'm doing now and want to carry it on for uni, but that kinda happened 'cos I was so fed up with all the pressure of it all...

And strangely enough, coming out to all my mates there really helped me sooo much - I know that probably goes against most people's experiences? But they really just helped me come to terms with it all so I didn't feel like it was wrong or something that should drag me down. And I guess I was lucky - no-one that hated me found out 'till after I left

Anyways, I wouldn't go back, I mean I'd like to see my mates from back there more often, but meh! I've met loadsa cool people at college since then and am enjoying the whole experience so much more right now

Comment

I've nearly finished college (leaving next week), how frightening.

I wish I'd done something to stop so many people hating me at school.
                        Monday - humiliation;
                        Tuesday - suffocation;
                        Wednesday - condescention;
                        Thursday is pathetic;
                        by Friday, life has killed me...

Comment

If I could go back to school, I'd finish it this time

Stay in school kids, or you'll end up as a moderator for a music forum like your auntie Jami.
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

That was a real good chat last night Virgo.

I guess I feel like Pippa - people hated me but it wasn't everyone and even so I liked that people didn;t like me but I really had good friends in with it.

I wish I hadn't chosen going with other friends when school ended because of a fight...now I don't keep in contact with anyone from school....and I had some good friends there. Now it's made me a different person - like school was the old me or a different life away.

Academically I don't think I'd change anything, I got good Grades - overall I think I should have just went to a better school.

I loved College but after 3 years I was ready to leave it was a good time in my life.

Change wise everything that school done to me made me the person I am today so meh! I don't think it's a bad thing.

*Sets fire to parked car*
                            Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Ah, it was all a crock of s***. I'd go back and not f**k everything up, I'd not say some stupid things I said, and undo stupid arguments I had with the one or two friends I had.
                              This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

I'd not come back to college (I graduated this year), but I'd love to go back to higschool and i'd say ^%@&*?!! to two of my teachers :evil: :evil: :evil:
                                In a heart full of dust
                                Lives a creature called lust

Comment

You can still say that you know. Just send your death threats in a letter…you should feel 70% better.

School teachers now that’s what I hate –grrrr.

We had a French bitch, well 2 (and one was male), a maths teacher who looked like a shite version of Dawn French. A science teacher who wore jumper-dresses, a Spanish teacher who got fired for trying it on with a pupil, a headmistress who was obsessed with My Heart Will Go On, a gay IT teacher and a science teacher who was having an affair with his assistant.

It was like The Village People for schools.
                                  Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

My History teacher was a bitch with one eye, the other one was made of glass. We didn't know whom she did look at.
                                    In a heart full of dust
                                    Lives a creature called lust

Comment

When I was at school I had a fling with my Biology teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by GirlCanMack
                                        It's getting boring now

Comment

In sex. ed perchance?
                                          Ollie - The Christmas EP
                                          www.myspace.com/olliegoulding

Comment

I bet you got pregnant too?
                                            i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

Well, I had to continue the quadruple rolleyes.... besides you are seriously weird!

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedAngel
                                                I bet you got pregnant too?
                                                that would be such a bizzare wouldnt it,

two people being pregnant, when that day occurs I think the world will end!
                                                bye!!

Comment

Ooooh lucky you....err, hang on, was that a dream you had or something?
                                                  Don't explain yourself 'cos talk is cheap,
                                                  There's more important things than hearing you speak.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X