World Without Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Without Music

Have you ever wonder how life would be like withOUT music?

hell

Comment

No, but I don't think there ever would be y'know?
      Riposarsi Negli Pesca Madre - 1960 - 2004
      Ti Voglio Bene! Per cortesėa orologio io!

Comment

I don't think there ever would be, but if we never had it to start with, we wouldn't miss it.

It is strange though how music has such an influence on people.

Comment

it is too hypothetical that we would never really know. but we would find something to replace music

Comment

I wouldn't know what to do!
            Expect the worst of people, you won't ever have to feel disappointed.

:OD

Comment

Neither would I! I couldn't stand a world without music, TV or the internet!! I love my music too much to even think about a world without it (which is why I couldn't stand going into, say, the Big Brother house for 3 months cos I'd miss the outside world!)....
              Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

I think I could deal with Big Brother-but only because I'd be singing along to the music in my head the whole time anyway! (and driving the rest of the housemates crazy)
                But a world completely devoid of music would be pretty damn horrible (and hard to imagine) because I have a song in my head permanently...
                It became scond nature,
                So easy to see,
                Myself as a reflection,
                Of what you thought of me.

Comment

That would be really odd.. and quiet. I really miss music when there is no music, like when I'm on holiday without a radio, and a hotel TV without music channels :evil: The if you're in a shop and you hear ANY kind of music, you love it
                  http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6321635

Comment

LOL yes Jami! When I was in Majorca they had German MTV, so most songs were ones I never heard of, and as soon as Sugababes came on I got all excited just to hear some English music.

Comment

i couldn't live!
                      *Single Of The Week - Beverley Knight - Come As You Are*

Comment

This would have been the life of endangered species on planets quite close to Mars.
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I could NEVER live without music. Music is my inspiration and therapy

Comment

if music was taken away, i would kill myself.
                            CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

A world without music for me would just be torture.

Music is my life. If I'm feeling sad all I have to do is put on music and everything goes away. It can like bring you into a whole different world from the outside world. Without music I seriously don't think life would be worth living

Comment

Music has shaped the way we live for thousands of years. It's been used in war and politics as well as in everyday life. Can you imagine watching a movie in theatres and not hear any music? I would go freaking nuts. I wouldn't be able to live without music.

Comment

This is impossible. Music is everywhere...you can't get rid of it unless you get rid of our hearing and vocal chords.
                                  BEE4EVER’S WEEKLY TOP 20 (#1 Lady GaGa)

Comment

Well it entirely depends on whether I was born into a world without music, or whether it was taken away at a later stage in my life.

If we're talking about the former, then I wouldn't care. Simply because I wouldn't know what I was missing out on. If everyone on Earth was born without the ability to walk, then it wouldn't torturous in the slightest. We wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that something was missing because no one would have ever experienced it.

However, if we're talking about latter, then it would certainly be difficult to live without music. Both due to the fact that music is everywhere and it would, in theory, be almost impossible to completely eradicate it, and also because I would miss it very much and would consider my life pretty empty without it.

Comment

What about a world without Lemon!!

Cheers Cidermaster
                                      You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

I think we would simply get used to it. There are people who are born completely deaf and they certainly donīt miss music at all. If music ceased to exist, we would miss it for a time but get used after a few months until we didnīt even notice it wasnīt there... And as for popular music, for several centuries humanity have existed without CDs, vynils, DVDs, music videos, television, etc. During most of our civilizationīs history, music certainly wasnīt so widespread as it is today, but I doubt people back then cared about it...

Comment

It would be very boring let me tell ya!
                                          Beyhive #5491

Comment

It would be way too quiet! I like a bit of noise, when it's too quiet it freaks me out
                                            I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

I can't remember what life was like pre-iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                                I can't remember what life was like pre-iTunes.
                                                A few years in, and it's hard to remember what life was pre-streaming, let alone pre-youtube. The way we consume music has changed drastically in the last decade and a half.
                                                However, most of the original concepts in music have already been explored, so we live in the "World Without Original Music" mode.

P.S. Sorry for giving this old thread a bump, but I find this topic quite fascinating.
                                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

There will never be a world without music. Even long before vinyl people were singing and playing instruments.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                  X