No announcement yet.

Celtic FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, never used that pub, not much of a drinker, used to pop in the Trafford in the old days, but when I started taking my eldest son, just used to go straight to the ground, unfortunately some yank stole our GREAT club a while back, & I haven't set foot inside OT since, & never will whilst he's there!
    FC UNITED forever!

Comment

Hey, anyway, this thread is about Celtic support, apologies Cidermaster for hijacking your thread, and jumping onto my soapbox, ranting & raving about United fans, & glú$úr.

Comment

Yeh that was bad news,Man United are a great club,and it was sad for them and football,that they are now in the hands of a dictatorship.I would not like it to happen to Celtic,atall.

Cheers Cidermaster
        You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Cidermaster, its been good exchanging views with you, & I look forward to doing so many times in the future, but for now I have to go, & I won't be online for a couple of weeks, I'm working in Scotland, just north of Edinburgh for the next 11 days, but I WILL RETURN!(you have been warned)
          Cheers for now!

Comment

2 Things I would like to add to this:

From what I have seen, United fans especially away from home are one of the best in the premiership, when you compare them to Arsenal and Chelsea who have also had similar success in recent years its quite simply brilliant.

Also FC United was set up by fans who were desperate to feel the romance of lower league football because they had tired of the glamour of the premiership. What is so wrong with the Yanks owning United? Your top of the league, you still have manager you love, and he has money to bring in new players as well!!! What is the problem?
            FC United is the biggest over reaction in the history and football and also the worst protest I have ever seen. Remember this season they have broken the biggest Premier League crowd about 4 times.

p.s I would like to say I agree with AFC Wimbledon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal900
              2 Things I would like to add to this What is so wrong with the Yanks owning United? Your top of the league, you still have manager you love, and he has money to bring in new players as well!!! What is the problem?
              Q. Where in Gods name do you get your information from, re: money to bring in new players.

Within 4 months of the takeover 25% of staff at OT had lost their jobs, strangely enough it didn't make headline news in the press, perhaps glazer has friends in the press.Over 30 players have either been sold or released in the glazer regime, 2 new faces arrived at OT in the summer cost approx ú18mill. Utd recieved money for Obi Mikel, & Ruud, approx ú18mill.Coincidence or what?(Cynical, Moi) All the talk about Hargreaves was exactly that, Talk, Utd knew Bayern wouldn't let him go especially after Bollocks move to chelski, but hey it looks good in the press if you're seen to be pursuing top notch players doesn't it.
              I'll make a prediction for you right now, so I can't be accused of being wise after the event, any future major purchase by United will be followed by a major departure.
              Also, how does being ú650,000,000 in debt equate to being in good shape, when, not if things go tits up, & they can't meet the deadlines on their payments, whats the first thing that will be sold, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise Old Trafford will become The Coca Cola Stadium, or MacDonalds, or what ever other global brand offers to pay an under valuated price for one of the best stadia in the world.
              & one final prediction, so far they've held reasonably steady on ticket prices, but I'll bet a large wager within the next 3 seasons prices will go through the roof, hope I'm proved totally wrong on that score, but somehow doubt it.

Re: FC UNITED, averaging over 3,000, with several gates over 6,000, doesn't seem to bad a protest to me.
              If the glú$úrs weren't at OT most if not all would still be at OT, it wasn't a case of turning their backs on UNITED,& the "glamour of the Prem," it was the glú$úrs they were turning their backs on.
              Yes there was a lot of unrest at OT pre - glú$úr, mostly to do with the way fans percieved they were being mis treated by the PLC,and the action of the rent-a-thug stewards on duty at OT.Thats why groups like IMUSA, & ShareHolders United existed, & still do, because 1 day the fans WILL own United, even though that seems a forlorn hope at the moment, IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Comment

Celtic are through to the last 16 of the Champions League beating a strong Man U team tonight at Celtic Park 1-0.
                Man U passed and played well,Celtic were not at their best,but battled very hard.
                We made the most of our luck,but there was no luck the way Nakamura scored the 30 yard free kick winner,truely world class.
                Also Celtic's Polish goalkeeper,who made a world class save against a Saha penalty in the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on the Bhoys,maybe thelazyboy will get that Celtic shirt now,that deep down,he knows would suit him so well,very well.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

go Celtic!

go BORUC and ZURAWSKI
                  VOTE IN RETRO CHART!

Comment

Up yi cal900, ya hun. No say fill o yersel now, eh?

Comment

Many cheers chris975,looks like the 2 Polish Bhoys are in for a fantastic season.The Celtic Supporters love them both.
                      Boruc is an amazing goalkeeper,and Zurawski he will score in the Champions League this season.
                      And many cheers to you jimmypages59

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Cheers Cider,

I've lost my voice I was shouting and cheering that much last night, a poor performance but a great result. In the next round though and that's all that matters.

I thought Naylor, Boruc and Telfer deserve special praise, they were all fantastic last night. A great goal from Naka, but I thought he was a bit quiet last night.

Zurawski has unforunately looked terrible this season, he just does not look interested, certainly not the player he was last season, though this could be to do with the fact that he's being dropped most weeks in favour of the Miller - Venegoor of Hesselink partnership.

'Mon the Hoops.

Comment

You lucky sod,its been a long long time since i have seen the hoops,sounds like you had a unreal night jimmypages59.
                          The good thing is that we beat a very strong side playing well below our best,that is what sides must do if they are to become great,and this side may well do just that.
                          I was suprized Kenny Millar did not start,but who cares,what a result.We will now win this group,that of course enabling us to get our first away win,which will raise our morale even higher.
                          I get a very strong feeling we are going to be a massive force in Europe for some time.
                          And yes i hope Rangers do well in the UEFA Cup,we help each other by doing well in Europe,thats for sure.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

c'mon THE HOOPS great result hope the draw will be nice and we could progress well
                            Too Much Music
                            Too Much Music @Facebook
                            Too Much Music @Twitter
                            Scotland Social League

Comment

Originally posted by jimmypages59
                              Up yi cal900, ya hun. No say fill o yersel now, eh?
                              ???? :-?

In English please?

Comment

It was really good to see a top Scottish team beat a top english team!

Both teams played exceptionally well, and i was really happy for Celtic! Good to see Celtic make it through to the final 16!
                                As for Rangers, also pleased to see them sail through to the last 32!

Comment

Cheers Toxic,yes the longer the Eurpean run for the Old Firm,the much better for each other,and for Scottish Football.
                                  Scottish football needs a strong Celtic and a strong Rangers,aswell as much improved Hearts,Hibs and Aberdeen.
                                  It has been a shame that Heart's owner has halted solid progress of his Edinburgh outfit,with stupid decisions.They should never got rid of George Burley.

Anyway let us all look forward to long runs and total success in Europe for Celtic and Rangers.

I think Celtic can win the Champions League in the next 3 years,perhaps even this year!!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Originally posted by cidermaster
                                    Cheers Toxic,yes the longer the Eurpean run for the Old Firm,the much better for each other,and for Scottish Football.
                                    Scottish football needs a strong Celtic and a strong Rangers,aswell as much improved Hearts,Hibs and Aberdeen.
                                    It has been a shame that Heart's owner has halted solid progress of his Edinburgh outfit,with stupid decisions.They should never got rid of George Burley.

Anyway let us all look forward to long runs and total success in Europe for Celtic and Rangers.

I think Celtic can win the Champions League in the next 3 years,perhaps even this year!!!!!!!!

Woah there fella, you got a result against UNITED (as I predicted) but don't go falling into that trap.
                                    Jeez, look at Uniteds away record in Europe in recent seasons & all of a sudden celebrating a 1-0 as if you've won the C/L looks wayyyyy over the top.Enjoy the moment, but tread carefully, the knock-out phase will certainly prove to be far trickier, & unless Celtic can find their scoring boots away from home, they ain't got a chance.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Yeh but you have to start somewhere,remember the seasons leading up to Man United's 1999 success,they worked very hard to get there.

We will break our away duck next game,then if we can build on our way form,we are capable of a cracking season in Europe.

Celtic already have a fantastic home record,and can win against very good sides at home,without playing our best,which are good signs of potential to be a truely great team.

Also a vital force,the force of belief,get that drummed in our amazing support and the players,then the better and better we will become.

And a long run in Europe gives the chance to add strength to a squad that is getting stronger by the minute.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Well, of the teams left in the C/L, if, sorry when United get knocked out I'd rather see Celtic go further than any of the other Brit teams in the comp.

Comment

Cheers jimmmm,what do you think of Man U getting former Celtic great Henrik Larsson on loan.He is joining the Red Devils for 3 months starting in January.
                                          Fergie is a long time admirer of the cool Swede,and twice tried to sign him when he was at Celtic.He is being signed as a back up player.I think the 35 year old will do the business when asked.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

How I wish we could have got him a few years ago.Uniteds recent matches against Celtic, & Chelski have certainly proved how threadbare we are up front, as in both games we've been chasing a goal late on & have had to make do with the introduction of Sheasy, & Fletcher, hardly the kind of players to instill fear into many defences.Obviously Larsson won't be starting many, if any games, but even at 35 I'm sure he'll prove his worth being introduced to matches with 20-30 minutes left.Plus, I think he'll give the whole squad a massive lift just by being there.

Comment

Atlast!!!!! Celtic will win an away game in the Champions League.It will happen in Copenhagen this Wednesday night.This will truely be a cruel monkey off our back.

The king Of The Pixies,Enod The Penod had a vision last night,yes it was severly fueled by 6 bottles of magic Pixie Wine.Anyway the vision was Celtic getting Roma in the next round,then Chelsea,then Lyon,with Real Madrid slayed in the final!!!!!!!!!

What a Vision,i need some more of that wine!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

I must admit getting carried away somewhat,and last nights 3-1 defeat brings Celtic and me crashing down to earth.

Well the Bhoys will get their 1st away win the Champions League,and it will happen this season.

I have a feeling that will get Premiership team in the next round,most probalbly Chelsea.

CELTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Cannot wait for the Champions League draw tomorrow,whoever we get,it will easily be our biggest 2 matchs so far this season.

Yes i have a strong feeling we are going to get Chelsea,and if not them,Arsenal.

Cheers Cidermaster

PS COME ON THE BHOYS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with cidermaster i think the Celts will get Chelsea, and it will be a close match!

Great result for Rangers yesterday! I was at the game and the atmosphere was amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X