No announcement yet.

Celtic FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was very pleased with Rangers last night,glad you had a good time Toxic,i think and hope Rangers will have a long run in the UEFA Cup this season,perhaps even win it!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so important for both Celtic and Rangers to do well in Europe for Scottish football,and of course the better the Eurpean results the better they help each other.

I think Rangers will get an English team later on in the tournement,most probalby Spurs,which is a historical rematch of course,i would fancy Rangers to beat any English team in the UEFA Cup.

Anyway CELTIC have been drawn against AC Milan in the last 16 of the Champions League,i think and know we will knock the overated Italians out!!!!!

Come on the Bhoys,and good luck to the Teddy Bears in the UEFA Cup draw,which is happening in 8 or so minutes!!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster
    You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

I hope that Boruc and Zurawski will do their best to help The Celts to go through to the next round
      VOTE IN RETRO CHART!

Comment

Spurs will win the UEFA Cup.

Zulte Waregem v Newcastle
        Braga v Parma
        Lens v Panathinaikos
        Leverkusen v Blackburn
        Hapoel Tel Aviv v Rangers
        Livorno v Espanyol
        Feyenoord v Tottenham
        Fenerbahce v AZ Alkmaar
        Werder Bremen v Ajax
        Spartak Moscow v Celta Vigo
        CSKA Moscow v Maccabi Haifa
        AEK Athens v PSG
        Benfica v Dinamo Bucharest
        Steaua Bucharest v Sevilla
        Shakhtar v Nancy
        Bordeaux v Osasuna

There is going to be one massive tear up in Holland

Comment

All the British Teams have a good chance of getting to the next round,and like i said before Rangers have a real chance of winning it!!!!!!!

Many cheers cal for coming up with the draws for both competitions.

And many cheers to chris975,i am sure both our Polish stars will shine brightly while we knock out AC Milan!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Think you're right their Cidermaster, not so sure about Liverpool, but all the rest, CL, & UEFA, seem to have good draws, I was in Scotland when the draw was made, working alongside a few Celtic fans, among others, and they all thought it was a good draw for Celtic, have to agree, Milan are one of the truly great Euro teams, but their form this season suggests they can be beaten, if Celtic can get a half decent result in the San Siro, I'm sure their home form will see them into the Quarter final.

Comment

Cidermaster, do you think Celtic are trying to create a bit of interest in the SPL. first Dundee Utd, now Motherwell.

Comment

You could be right jimmmm!!!!!!!! Hey are you looking forward to Henrik's debut,i think he will score on his first game.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Originally posted by cidermaster
                  You could be right jimmmm!!!!!!!! Hey are you looking forward to Henrik's debut,i think he will score on his first game.

Cheers Cidermaster
                  yip i hope he does score against Aston Villa in his time at Manchester i hope he scores over ten goals
                  Too Much Music
                  Too Much Music @Facebook
                  Too Much Music @Twitter
                  Scotland Social League

Comment

Greetings Cidermaster, belated seasons greetings also, tell me, does the number, 18,685 mean anything to you?

It should, its the number of people who attended the Scottish FA Cup clash between Celtic & Dumbarton yesterday, yes those incredibly loyal, super-duper go anywhere to see their team wonderful bestest supporters in the whole wide world, universe, turned out en-masse to cheer the Bhoys onto victory, must make you soooooooooo proud.

btw, the last time UNITED had a comparable home cup tie, against similar, less than glamorous opposition,
                    Wednesday, 18th January, 2006, FA cup replay, on a cold night, V. Burton Albion, Att; 53,564.

Comment

Thats a fair point jimmmm but in Scotland as you well know teams play each other alot more over time,even the little ones.

However it is a fair point and yes more should have turned up,however these are the same supporters who on average take more to away Eurpean games than any other Eurpean team.

I would much prefer the Celtic army marching in numbers to these vital Champions League games this season than turning out against lesser Scots Cup opposition.Just count how many we will take to Milan,it will way way more than Man U take to Lille.

But you still have a good point aswell,a very good point!!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Sometimes if I wanted to be cynical I could accuse a lot of teams fans as being glory hunters, in so much as the point you made there, taking fans to Milan, fans should turn out to support their team, not to see the opposition, secondly Celtic will take more to Milan than Utd will to Lille mainly because of the restrictions placed on the amount of Utd fans allowed to travel, third, the last 2 times Utd have been to Milan, to face Inter, & then AC, both Milan teams placed restrictions on amount of UTD fans allowed in, because it was a glamour tie, & both knew they'd fill the stadium 'cos UTD were in town.

Comment

Cheers jimmmm,what do you think of Man U getting former Celtic great Henrik Larsson on loan.He is joining the Red Devils for 3 months starting in January.
                          Fergie is a long time admirer of the cool Swede,and twice tried to sign him when he was at Celtic.He is being signed as a back up player.I think the 35 year old will do the business when asked.

Cheers Cidermaster
                          Well if todays debut is anything to go by, FERGIE, SIGN HIM ON FULL TIME!!!, pure class!

Comment

You are forgetting something jimmmm,many of the travelling Celtic army who follow Celtic in Europe do not get tickets,but are there for the occassion.

If Celtic played Man U in a Champions League final,say in Athens,Celtic would take more fans whether they could get tickets or not.

Hey jimmmm i am very pleased for Henrik,how many 35 year olds can still do total class business,what a player.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

You are forgetting something jimmmm,many of the travelling Celtic army who follow Celtic in Europe do not get tickets,but are there for the occassion.

If Celtic played Man U in a Champions League final,say in Athens,Celtic would take more fans whether they could get tickets or not.

Hey jimmmm i am very pleased for Henrik,how many 35 year olds can still do total class business,what a player.

Cheers Cidermaster
                              yea true about the fans going and larsson still top class and 35
                              Too Much Music
                              Too Much Music @Facebook
                              Too Much Music @Twitter
                              Scotland Social League

Comment

take a look at the fans in seville http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRop-mmSNM&NR
                                Too Much Music
                                Too Much Music @Facebook
                                Too Much Music @Twitter
                                Scotland Social League

Comment

Many cheers oasisbobo,that has made my morning,certainly woke me up after a massive all day session yesterday.That Seville footage is brilliant,and did you check out the Larrsson footage,i forgot how good that winning goal in the UEFA Cup semi final was!!!!!!!!

Oh have you noticed the large sections of the English press that have suddenly realised Larsson is world class,makes you mad,does it not,it is as if the overated Premiership is THE yardstick to be totally tested against.

Yes the Premiership is stronger than the SPL,but you do not score easily in the SPL either,and you can on the right day get easy matchs in both leagues if you are a good side.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

The SPL is miles behind, dont kid your self mate.

Players from our championship look good in the SPL.

Comment

Cal get real the Premiership is overated,do not get me wrong it is a good league,but is overated,Celtic would be challenging to win it within 3 seasons of joining.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

If Celtic played Man U in a Champions League final,say in Athens,Celtic would take more fans whether they could get tickets or not

Cheers Cidermaster
                                        Obviously the drugs aren't working!

Comment

Cal get real the Premiership is overated,do not get me wrong it is a good league,but is overated,Celtic would be challenging to win it within 3 seasons of joining.

Cheers Cidermaster
                                          In what way is the Prem. overated, Cidermaster, I'm really interested in what you base that sweeping assertion on, is it fact based(if it is you really are in for an ear bashing, but more on that later), or is it based on listening to the likes of ill informed, over opinionated, goons on five live, or chinny hills Sunday supplement, forever gushing on about the spanish & italian leagues, & how the English game is light years behind, blah,blah,blah!)
                                          I'm really interested to know.

Comment

Do not get me wrong jmmmm the Premiership is a very strong league,stronger than the SPL of course.However the media and TV pundits far too often act that it is the ultimate test,and some sections of fans.
                                            For example over here Chelsea are either the favourites or joint favourites for the Champions League.The word World Class is totally over used in England.

The same people overate England aswell.The only way a team or player can prove they are World class,is performing at a high level in a big international event or the Champions League at a consistant basis.

Cheers Cidermaster

PS How do you think the 2 big matchs this weekend will go,here are my predictions.

Abroath 14 East Fife 12

Only kidding!!!!!

Liverpool 3 Chelsea 2

Arsenal 2 Man U 2

I think Larsson will score his 2nd goal for the Red Devils.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

The main reason Chelsea are the favourites for the C/L is because they undoubtedly have one of the strongest squads, if not the strongest in world football, in the last couple of seasons the teams who knocked them out went on to win the trophy.
                                              Overall 13 different clubs from the English League have won a MAJOR* Euro trophy, more than ANY other nation, MORE English clubs have reigned as CHAMPIONS of Europe, 4, compared to just 2 from Spain, 3 from Italy, & Germany, & that despite most English clubs NOT competing in Euro comps, in the first couple of seasons, & a 5 year ban.So,once again compared to WHAT, is the Prem. overated.
                                              Also, its been far more competitive throughout its history than any other major European league, with a total of 23 different sides winning the domestic title, only Germany has a wider spread of teams who've won the title, but since the creation of the Bundesliga in 1964, that particular league has become almost exclusively the property of Bay. Munich, 19, of their 20 national championships have been won in the Bundesliga era.
                                              The amount of times I've taken people to task, with regards to the old chestnut of continental sides being far superior to our own is unbelievable, the sheer ignorance of our own league, its history, & the success of its clubs never ceases to astound me, but hopefully I've opened your eyes to a few facts, & maybe a few more people might think twice before holding up thge whole continent as being "far" better than the English league.
                                              The national side, wow, thats a different story altogethr, & I'm not even going to waste my time trying to defend, probably the most underachieving bunch of tossers in the world, but the national sides failings do not reflect on the strength of the domestic league, & thats not just down to the influx of foreign stars over the past 10-15 years, remember in the'70's-'80's, Englands major teams were all selling clubs when the "Giants" of Europe came sniffing around, but still the English clubs were consistently winning Euro trophy's.

Glad I got that off my chest, now this weekend,

Liverpool 2 Chelsea 2
                                              Arse 2 Man. Utd 1
                                              hope I'm wrong with that Arse scoreline, but can't see United getting anything from Arse'oles team.

Comment

Very well put jimmmm,good to exchange comments with someone who knows the game.

By the way i still think the Red Devils will nick a point at Arsenal.

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

On that point^ I really hope you're right!

Comment

• Yes St Mirren are of English Championship standard,but a 5-1 win is indeed just that a 5-1 home win of course.

What is really important is we have a quality striker in Hesselink,who has hit form,long will it continue in the run up to our great victory over Milan next month.

Hail!!! Hail!!!! The Celts are here. Hey oasisbobo lets see what the other fans think of our massive support in Milan!!!!!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Working...
                                                    X