Clear All

France 21 Ireland 24

Wales 38 Scotland 22

Italy 19 England 26

Cheers Cidermaster
    You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Originally posted by cidermaster
      Well i think Ireland will defend the Six Nations title,but it is going to be one hell of a game away to France on saturday,it really is between these sides.
      We shall soon see!

Originally posted by cidermaster
      As for Scotland,we simply cannot score tries,so we need a minor miracle away to Wales.

Cheers Cidermaster
      Well let's pray for a minor miracle then

Comment

How heartbreaking for Scotland!

I was more upset for them than for Ireland's loss. At least we had great craic in the pub to distract us from the on-pitch disappointments.

Comment

WTF at that Wales-Scotland result. When I heard that up until 5 minutes before the end Wales didn't have a chance of winning, I presumed that as Wales had won, it was a close call!

Comment

Wales deserved it,they did not give up,and that is sport!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

The buggy arrest story, though - you couldn't make it up!

Comment

Well done Ireland and Italy,bith teams showing that if you fight all the way in sport and believe than you can really win,well done!

Cheers Cidermaster

PS Oh and a great comeback spirit shown yet again by Wales in nearly coming back against the best team.

Comment

Well done Ireland!!!

And bad luck Scotland,we actually deserved to win!

I think next week France will stuff the English,but hey i actually think Scotland will shock the Irish!!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Oooohhh - do you really think so, Pete?

We're on for the Triple Crown, so we won't want the men in blue to trip us up.

Agreed though re the England game - I'd have loved to have seen Scotland win that match and take back the Calcutta Cup.

Comment

Well Neil,i did say Scotland would shock the Irish!

I had a hundred quid at 5/1 at William Hills!!

Cheers Cidermaster

PS Ireland are the 2nd best team after France,but next year Scotland will actually do something big.

Comment

Congrats Pete - Scotland outplayed the men in green and well deserved the win! If any nation had to beat Ireland, I'm glad it was the Scots.

And congratulations on the William Hill win! You were confident to wager such a large amount - but now you're reaping the rewards.

Drinks are on you mate, and mine's a cider!!!!

Comment

I think Scotland have a real chance of winning the 6 nations,one thing is for sure,they are going to have their best season for over a decade!

Comment

Are there any Rugby fans left on here?????

Comment

Yes!

But I won't be going to any of the 6N games this year - I'm saving it for the World Cup in September/October!!!

Comment

Thank God for Ronan O'Gara! I was praying for one of his drop goals :-)

Comment

Cmon the scots!

Comment

TRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

C'mon Scotland!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                                      TRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

C'mon Scotland!!!!

Comment

My god Ireland got out of jail!

And i am very proud of Scotland,they went down fighting!

Comment

My predictions for this weekend..........

Ireland 24 France 21

Scotland 42 Wales 19

England 35 Italy 16

Comment

Looks like you're relegating Wales to the wooden spoon!!!!

I'd take any victory over France, thank you very much!!!

Comment

Bad luck Ireland!

Well done Wales and England!

As for Scotland once again its back to the dreaded drawing board.

Scotland v Ireland a week on sunday should be a cracker!

Comment

Well done Ireland for finishing in total style!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Scotland actually won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lol

The papers are referring to England's "Grand Slap"

Comment

Ouch!!!

Red rose left red-faced by advert

Rugby: The English RFU have expressed their dismay that an advertisement celebrating England winning the Grand Slam has been leaked. The video, produced by their official kit supplier Nike, shows several players, among them Toby Flood, Chris Ashton and Ben Foden, in a series of action clips.

Signing off the advert that has been widely circulated on the internet is an image of England's red rose emblem on top of a caption reading 'Grand Slam Champions 2011'. Commemorative t-shirts had also been commissioned.

The video's release is highly embarrassing for the RFU after Martin Johnson's side were demolished 24-8 by Ireland at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, ending their hopes of completing a first championship clean sweep since 2003.

The photo shoot for the footage took place midway through the Six Nations, which England won despite their rout in Dublin. The RFU explained that filming the advert in advance was necessary for commercial reasons and have denied Ireland were taken too lightly.

A statement read: "The RFU works with all its commercial partners on their sponsorship activation. Forward planning is a crucial part of all commercial partnerships and all contingencies, winning or losing, have to be considered.

"It is disappointing that details of Nike's internal planning has got into the public domain. In no way did the RFU or the England team underestimate the challenge that the Ireland team would pose.

"We were well beaten by a team who played better and we have the utmost respect for (Ireland coach) Declan Kidney and the Irish players."

Mike Tindall, meanwhile, is set to miss Gloucesterís English title push after undergoing an operation to repair ankle ligament damage. Tindall, who captained champions England in four of their five Six Nations games, suffered the injury in the first half of the win against Scotland.

The Gloucester centre missed Saturdayís 24-8 defeat to Ireland and had surgery on the ankle yesterday. In-form Gloucester won the LV= Cup on Sunday and are currently third in the Premiership table.

WATCH

Comment

There's also a Six Nations thread, AlexZ

Comment

Working...
                                                      X