How Long Do Think You Will Be Mixing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Do Think You Will Be Mixing?

How long do you think you will be on UKMIX?

Yes perhaps not an easy question,and the answer could change from month to month,i wonder how many will say forever!

For me,well i should be around for atleast another year,perhaps longer?

Mind you its difficult to say,and if and when i leave,or retire,there is always that magic word,comeback!

So how long do you think you will Mixing it?

Cheers Cidermaster

PS I found this site like so many by complete accident,and thought originally i would do a month or so on here,says alot does it not!
    You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Until I graduate probably
    They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

I also passed by it accidentily! It was a great site for all the Sugababes and Gwen Stefani news, so I decided to join!

Hopefully I will be here for a while yet, but I might cut back, or maybe be on more once I start Uni.....

Comment

I don't know...I've been here 5 1/2 years, its a wonder I've been here that long. I guess as long as this site runs or until I get incredibly bored or something else happens I suppose.
        Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

I found Ukmix accidentaly too, by searching info via google about my fave artist. I decided to post something as that time it was quite a rare thing to find sth about her in forums. Never planned to stay here longer!

Actually all that time I've been asking myself what I'm doing in Ukmix? Probably I still find something that interests me...

So, I really can't answer to cidermaster's question, I really don't know.
          Never gonna give it up,
          I never wanna stop...

Comment

I dont think I'll be on here as much but will still go on!
            late.

Comment

Droids live for a long time so I would think I will be on Ukmix for oh say the next 4.2 million light years or until my batteries run out.

Comment

Ill proabably be here until i graduate NYU and start my life.
                My Top 100 Songs Of All Time

Comment

I honestly don't know, I never expected to be here for nearly 5 years!

So I'll say I'll probably be here in some capacity for a long time, even if I'm not as active as I once was.
                  Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Until I'm banned!

Comment

I thought I'd post for a few months and then get bored and forget about it...

3 1/2 years later and I'm still here so I guess I'll be here forever (or at least until the day matthew_dixon leaves)
                      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Well Plym,the day they Ban you,is the day we should all leave!

And as for Droids,you lucky sods living for so long,you will see all those questions that have haunted Mankind for thousands of years answered!

Its not fair! Mind you,who said life is supposed to be fair!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Not for long, I guess, as it is becoming increasingly clear I don't fit in (anymore).

When I saw the title of the topic I thought it related to DJ-ing.
                          Let's have a second referendum

Comment

To be honest,and i mean it thoroughly,UKMIX would not be the same without you potojr!

You are a quality character,and quality characters make UKMIX,without them the whole sight would be a complete waste of time!

Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

Really don't know. Love UKmix at the moment, so I guess, 1 year - sure. Then ? Who Knows.

Comment

I'll be here as long as I love music - and I love music.

UKMIX is great for information on releases, new tracks, videos etc.
                                LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by potojr
                                  Me too!

I'll be here for a long time I'm sure. There's no other place where you can talk about such a variety of music related topics with such awesome posters My real passion in life is music afterall.
                                  My Last.fm

Comment

Well I thought it was about preparing food
                                    Never gonna give it up,
                                    I never wanna stop...

Comment

hmmm im too addicted to this site to leave it in the near future, so I think I will stay for another 3 years...
                                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

UKmix used to amaze me now it's like living in a fart.

I mean it's good and all and I like coming to visit to read up on the music views but...the community side of it's gone now all the people I like either got banned or bored.

Sometimes I just don't wanna look here but I think it's a bit too self flattering to 'leave' the place like you're cabbing it out of Walford...it's just a forum that's always there as long as it's interesting people will use it.
                                        Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Originally posted by Skelofect
                                          the community side of it's gone now all the people I like either got banned or bored.
                                          My mother always said, "it's as good as you make it!"
                                          And people like you, Thriller & James make it fab!

Comment

I've been posting a lot less recently - mostly because I don't have as much time to waste anymore, but also because there aren't that many topics worth posting in at the moment (and by that I mean there's no new music that I really wanna comment on).

But as long as I have access to the internet and a few minutes to spare, I'll always have a quick browse through the forums.
                                            "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                                              Originally posted by Skelofect
                                              the community side of it's gone now all the people I like either got banned or bored.
                                              My mother always said, "it's as good as you make it!"
                                              And people like you, Thriller & James make it fab!
                                              Aww cheers!

I think as long as I use the internet I'll always visit UKMIX. It used to be an essential place to come most days, me and David have been saying for a while that it's lost a lot of its shine and like he said a lot of the great posters are gone or don't post much. You know what I'm like though I loved the controversy, it's just too cliquey and "nice" these days.

Comment

Not for long, I guess, as it is becoming increasingly clear I don't fit in (anymore).
                                                That's pretty much what I was going to say.

I've said it many times lately, though mainly on MSN and never on here, might as well be honest about it...

Basically I've been here nearly five years and I really feel like I've served my purpose. I don't post much in the rock forum any more since there's people better suited to keeping it active; I don't try to be funny any more since the whole war that went on in the last Favourite Poster topic; I don't do the Sites Directory any more because (and I hope I'm not revealing something I shouldn't be) there's talk of it being abandoned.

In short, there's nothing for me to do here. I sort of act as a lookout for the moderators, helping to get rid of spammers and suchlike, but to be honest they're quite capable of doing that without my help. Aside from that... I don't run any regular feature, I don't really have that much to say (and even if I did, nobody cares about my opinion), I just float around here like a spare part and to be honest it's starting to feel completely pointless.

Back to the quote suggesting that I don't fit in... well, it's true, largely because I don't have the time or energy to try to change people's opinions of me, I can't be bothered to kiss that many arses in the name of getting internet friends. If you like me, great. If you don't, I don't care... and I suppose that's what it all comes down to really. If you're not universally adored on here, you're nobody. I'm quite happy with that, I never wanted to be somebody in the eyes of people I've never met.

I don't wanna sound like I'm signing my own resignation because, let's be honest, the chance of me ever leaving permanently is fairly slim. It's just, I figure I've had my day on here, the internet doesn't really do it for me any more. It's much more satisfying to see you in the pub, as I'm sure those of you I've been out with will testify.
                                                This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Til I be banned!! (very sooooon!)
                                                  Umbrella! Ella Ella Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh-eh!

Gimme Gimme More! Gimme More!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X