Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been using your e-mail address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been using your e-mail address?

Just wondering as I have an account with Orange that I've had since 2001 - which has now been shit-striken with spam mainly...but I still use it.

And my recent hotmail is about 2 years old as I basically needed to get rid of a lot of contacts from ye old days of heavy msn-ing.

It made me wonder has anyone been using the same e-mail address for a long time, like 10 years or something?
    Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

EDIT: (just checked the oldest mail)

Skelo you just made me realize i've been using the internet since I was about 13!!

coz I've been using my account for 7 years now!

freakEH!

Comment

Which one I've got 4 (well ones is work which I've always had since about 2002)

ManicFan2k@msn.com = 2001
      Bewitched_Fan_2k@yahoo.com = 2002

then created Roger_Swift_1983@yahoo.co.uk about 18 months ago when I was job hunting for a few months as I just wanted something more professional sounding on my CV but I've carried on using it.

from 1998 to 2001 I had a freeserve one that was something like musicfreak79@freeserve.co.uk but that's long abandoned now. Formatted when we got broadband but then never again bothered installing outlook/outlook express.
      He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

I've been using the same e-mail for 9 years now. Have never really had any reason to change it.
        Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Ive got like 3 I think that I actually use: my aol account ive been using for like 2-3years, my yahoo account is my 'spam account' and I hate it!! and my hotmail one ive had since like last September

Comment

I aLwAyS fOrGeT mY pAsSwOrD sO i HaVe LoAdS oF eMaIlS lUrKiNg ArOuNd ThE nEt! My LoNgEsT aCtIvE aDdReSs HaS bEeN aCtIvE fOr AbOuT tWo YeArS! mY uKmIx AcCoUnT hAs BeEn AcTiVe FoR qUiTe AwHiLe ToO!

Comment

My AOL one I've had since early 2000. Those were the days..

My current hotmail one I think started in 2001 - so seven years.

Comment

I use hotmail.

Crazyman324 account was in 2003
                james.g.lewis (for similar reasons to Roger) since 2005.

5 years is still a long time.

Comment

4 years.

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                  I aLwAyS fOrGeT mY pAsSwOrD sO i HaVe LoAdS oF eMaIlS lUrKiNg ArOuNd ThE nEt! My LoNgEsT aCtIvE aDdReSs HaS bEeN aCtIvE fOr AbOuT tWo YeArS! mY uKmIx AcCoUnT hAs BeEn AcTiVe FoR qUiTe AwHiLe ToO!
                  Did your account get hacked? :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                    4 years.

Did your account get hacked? :-?
                    One did! One got weird emails from someone i didn't know! I was always protective of my addresses so I would pick very long passwords! But i always ended up forgetting them! Now I've got shorter, yet equally as hard passwords and have them all saved!

Comment

I've been hacked on MSN, Bebo and Runescape twice.

I've always kept the same email address though for around 3/4 years. It's just my name and my birthdate so it's a lot better to put on CV's than some of my friends' addresses, who have things like: o_m_g_i_love_dat_cheesio@whatacrapaddress.com

Comment

One did! One got weird emails from someone i didn't know! I was always protective of my addresses so I would pick very long passwords! But i always ended up forgetting them! Now I've got shorter, yet equally as hard passwords and have them all saved!
                        LOL I meant your UKMix account.
                        You were typing weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                          LOL I meant your UKMix account.
                          You were typing weird!
                          Yeah sorry, I was bored!
                          I was going to keep it up for at least a week, but It's too difficult and I've got tired of it now! I wanted to be unique! Solange has been inspiring me!

Comment

i wonder how difficult it would be for MT1788 to reply to this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_9048
                              i wonder how difficult it would be for MT1788 to reply to this topic.

He must have had at least 30 by now...

Comment

yeah i've heard cousin daisy is doing the accounting..

Comment

How exactly do you get hacked? I'm suprised no one has hacked me yet...

Anyways, longest I've been using one is the one for msn for about 4 years now.
                                  My Last.fm

Comment

I made one in 2001 hoddituk@yahoo.com

then when I went to college i made a new one re_mixed2003@yahoo.co.uk which i later changed to the same except 2004 cos the year had changed lol
                                    I continued to use that one up until last year when I realised it wasn't actually 2004, and I changed to hotmail. My addy is now beyoncesboi@hotmail.co.uk beyoncesboi is also my name on every message board except here. lol
                                    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

I still have an active hotmail address that I created in 1996...the year it started!

Comment

EDIT: Double post! Just keep the one below!
                                        late.

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                                          I still have an active hotmail address that I created in 1996...the year it started!
                                          Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_9048
                                            yeah i've heard cousin daisy is doing the accounting..
                                            I nearly spilt my water!
                                            late.

Comment

I created my first email address (revliskiuq@hotmail.com) back in 1999, which I kept for about 3 months. My friends thought it was too annoying to spell out/remember and I got sick of explaining to everyone what it meant.

Since then I've been using garywong_uk@hotmail.com to this day, so that's about 9 years.

Oh and I have a Yahoo email account too, which is probably older than my current one by a few weeks, but I have never used it.
                                              "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Edited

Comment

I've had my BT Internet one for about 3 years and my current Hotmail one for about a year... I tend to change my Hotmail one quite regular cos of spam and I've been with loads of different ISPs over the years so never kept one for that long.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X