X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Plym
    Originally posted by Tom92
    Lol supposedly I look like Mr Hudson
    For me, blonde hair is where the similarity ends!
    BEE4EVER’S WEEKLY TOP 20 (#1 Lady GaGa)

Comment

• Originally posted by bee4ever
      Originally posted by Plym
      Originally posted by Tom92
      Lol supposedly I look like Mr Hudson
      For me, blonde hair is where the similarity ends!
      As always, Plym is brief and to the point!
      And I'm crazy, all day, all night
      Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?

Comment

• Oh yes, I've only gone and had the old barnet lobbed off haven't I?

By the way, since we've on the subject, I think I look a bit like Tin Man.

1 Camila Cabello |2 J Balvin|3 Majestic |4 Kevin McKay |5 Wizkid

Comment

• Seeing as the tin man is armed with an axe, I think he actually looks more like king_oxymoron on one of his drinking binges!!!

Comment

• I'm rubbish at telling people who they look like, I wouldn't say Tom is Mr Hudson tho!

Me, yesterday!
            MadeOfBricks Chart of All Time.

Comment

• Isn't that a smize that I see on your cute face, SholasBoy ?

Drip-droppin way down low for All the Alejandros that have gone before.

Comment

• Originally posted by VanityEgo
                Isn't that a smize that I see on your cute face, SholasBoy ?

What's a smize?

Comment

• I read that 'to smize' someone was to 'ejaculate in their eye'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan
                    I read that 'to smize' someone was to 'ejaculate in their eye'.
                    Well I don't think anyone had..?

Comment

No wonder his face is so pale.
                      I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy
                        Originally posted by Spartan
                        ...I dont see any crème d'homme in your face either ... and you don't look drunk.

Comment

• Omg smize = <3
                          Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy
                            What's a smize?
                            A Smile with the eyes. A SMIZE <3

Stop all those innuendos, Smize is Godness.

(Don't pay attention, I'm an ANTM addict.)

Comment

• Originally posted by theberen
                              No wonder his face is so pale.
                              Or it could have been the light shining in my face

Anyhow, I prefer VanityEgos' description

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                ...I dont see any crème d'homme in your face either ... and you don't look drunk.
                                Best euphemism EVER!!

Comment

• @SholasBoy : To be honest, it's Tyra Bank's description.

@SmoothKid : It's not really an euphemism. It's more of a (precious, foppish) metaphor.

Comment

@SholasBoy : To be honest, it's Tyra Bank's description.

@SmoothKid : It's not really an euphemism. It's more of a (precious, foppish) metaphor.
                                    Well, a metaphor is figurative speaking. You may be right here. But an euphemism palliates something.

And you will definitely agree with me, that crème d'homme sounds better than "sperm" or "cum". LOL

So it's an euphemism as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmoothKid

And you will definitely agree with me, that crème d'homme sounds better than "sperm" or "cum". LOL
                                      nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Originally posted by SmoothKid
                                        Well, a metaphor is figurative speaking. You may be right here. But an euphemism palliates something.

An euphemism is supposed to attenuate something in an ironic way.
                                        That is, if I say "SholasBoy is cute", it's an euphemism, because he's damn f***in' handsome. If I say "Lily Allen can be a little bitchy at times", it's an euphemism, because she's one of the bitchiest celeb ever, not just "a little bitchy at times".

But I agree that Crème d'Homme sounds way better than the other words that express what it means. Especially with an English accent <3

Comment

• Originally posted by nekoo3372
                                          Originally posted by SmoothKid

Sorry for the language!!

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothKid

An euphemism is supposed to attenuate something in an ironic way.
                                            That is, if I say "SholasBoy is cute", it's an euphemism, because he's damn f***in' handsome. If I say "Lily Allen can be a little bitchy at times", it's an euphemism, because she's one of the bitchiest celeb ever, not just "a little bitchy at times".

But I agree that Crème d'Homme sounds way better than the other words that express what it means. Especially with an English accent <3
                                            That is not really correct. I don't wanna come off as a know-it-all but an euphemism is supposed to substitute a term that is considered offensively explicit (such as "died") with a term less offensive ("passed away").

So an euphemism is used to replace a word or phrase with one that is considered less offensive or less vulgar than the word or phrase it replaces.

Look here:

Comment

• ^ That's correct

Vanity's is more of an example of an 'understatement'.

(By the way, welcome to UKMix English lessons everyone!)
                                              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim
                                                ^ That's correct

Yes feel free to 'nicely pass along' in other words 'shut the f*** up, we're all here to look at the pretty people cause we're shallow'
                                                Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim
                                                  ^ That's correct

Really ? I always thought an understatement was something like "Leave, I don't hate you", a negation of a word that has a negative meaning in order to suggest the (extreme) opposite meaning (e.g. saying "Sholas boy isn't ugly" to say he's day-eumn handsome).

Comment

• It's not an understatement to say your definition is totally wrong there, VE

Comment

Working...
                                                    X