X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travelling

Originally posted by Plym
    Originally posted by irishguy28
    Free Wifi? You may not find it as readily on the road. If you have an account with a Wifi provider at home, they sometimes allow you to connect to hotspots provided by a local operator that they have negotiated with for an additional fee. The last time I was in Cologne, the Wifi in the hotel I stayed in was over 15 Euros for a 24 access period.

Personally, I never travel with my laptop and make do with internet cafes (or browsing on my iPod touch if there's free wifi in a certain area).
    I have an iPhone and presumed that o2 charge megabucks to my monthly bill if I so much as look at the safari button anywhere ouside the UK! Is this not true then?
    Originally posted by BanZai
    When will you be in Holland?
    Around about the middle of August!! Will you be about?
    Yes!
    I'll be here!
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Re: Travelling

Free Wifi? You may not find it as readily on the road. If you have an account with a Wifi provider at home, they sometimes allow you to connect to hotspots provided by a local operator that they have negotiated with for an additional fee. The last time I was in Cologne, the Wifi in the hotel I stayed in was over 15 Euros for a 24 access period.

Personally, I never travel with my laptop and make do with internet cafes (or browsing on my iPod touch if there's free wifi in a certain area).
      I have an iPhone and presumed that o2 charge megabucks to my monthly bill if I so much as look at the safari button anywhere ouside the UK! Is this not true then?
      i cant speak of this with certainty because i dont know how networks work in the uk, but wifi isnt realy their business.. so as long as you are not browsing on the internet through 3g or gprs/edge you're probably gonna be fine.. There must be some sort of option that you can activate on your phone to block all data transfer and simply use wifi? i know my blackberry has such an option.. either way, you better contact your network and ask

edit: wifi doesnt have anything to do with the network but that doesnt mean its always free

Comment

I'll be in Spain again this year in August ... and I'll go to Belgium probably on the same month

Comment

I wanna go to Switzerland in September to visit my sister there

and them there is a small dream to visit Brazil next year with my friends (but right now I can only hope)
          nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

if you come down south in Brasil, don't forget to pass by to say HI to me
            Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Hope you have a great time Plym, how long will you be going on this European adventure for?
              You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by t_dot
                Hope you have a great time Plym, how long will you be going on this European adventure for?
                Well I've quit my job (left yesterday) and am homeless (staying at friends just now) and heat out to Europe on Mondat at 7.05am!
                I'll be going to Pisa/Florence then Rome, Venice, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris... I don't actually have a return flight yet but should be finishef around September time!!
                I have everything ready and all my hostels booked.
                I'm not taking my laptop anymore but will try to get on Internet cafes. Goodbye!

Comment

Good luck ol' chap, have fun etc. If you make it to London on the way back or something, I'll have a beer waiting for ya.
                  This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Wow Chris, I'm actually excited for you and quite jealous! Must feel great to leave everything behind and set off on an unknown adventure, think of all the new people you'll meet and experiences that await you.

Best of luck and don't be a stranger!

Comment

All the best Chris, I just know you're going to have the best time and you've done the right thing with this. Have a wonderful time. And keep us updated on your travels.
                      Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Wow. Lucky you!
                        I'd never be brave enough to do that.
                        So instead I have to wait for my friends to get there act together (money) so we can one day head out, oh well.

Comment

Have an awesome time Plym - hope it's everything you expect, as well as a little of what you don't, I'm so unimagineably jealous.

Comment

Plym, I've already shared my thoughts with you before , and I wish you the best of luck! This will be a trip to remember. I'm very excited for you! Be strong!
                            BEE4EVERíS WEEKLY TOP 20 (#1 Lady GaGa)

Comment

Good luck with your trip, I'm sure you'll have the time of your life

Let us know how it went once you get back I'm sure you'll have a lot of pictures and stories to share
                              Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Hello!
                                Ive had a few PMs and Facebook messages asking where I am etc so I thought I would update the forum...
                                Im currently in the German capital of Berlin today! Having visited the East Side Gallery of the wall and tried Currywurst.
                                So far I have been to Pisa, Florence, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow & Prague.
                                Shouldnt be too long till Im back in the UK and Ill be glad as Im exhausted and dying for some proper British food!!! Photos will come when my trusty laptop is in my hands.
                                Auf weidersein!

Comment

Oooh...I did think that was you I saw yesterday. I would have said "Hi" but you were otherwise engaged. Naughty boy!!!

So, how did you like Currywurst? Donīt miss the Museum!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Comment

Shower whenever wherever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel_Yes
                                      Whatever...

Whose this cidermaster wannabe?

Comment

Whatever...

<3

I have missed you so much.
                                        Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Whatever...

Lucky that your breasts are small and humble
                                          So they don't confuse them...with mountains

Comment

Whatever...

Comment

I'm going to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam for 2 weeks over Easter and am looking forward to meeting a certain European UKMixer!!

Comment

Whatever...

Lucky that your breasts are small and humble
                                                So they don't confuse them...with the mountains

lero lore lore..

Comment

I'm going to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam for 2 weeks over Easter and am looking forward to meeting a certain European UKMixer!!
                                                  That's a long Easter!!!

Enjoy the Thalys...and la Demence/Rapido

Comment

Hello!

So far I have been to Pisa, Florence, Rome, Venice,
                                                    Do you have any reccomendations of places to definitely visit while in Florence and Rome? Places that may be slightly out of the way/ not touristy?

I'm going travelling around Italy with a friend in June. I think we're planning on flying into Milan, staying there for a few days, then meeting a friend around that area, then Florence, Rome, Naples, Pompeii/ Herculaneum, then down to Sicily

Very excited. I've never been travelling so it's going to be a little adventure!
                                                    Life is beautiful around the world

Comment

Yes! In Rome, I would go to all the usual places like Colesseum, The Vatican, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon etc but I would also go up the Spanish Steps and onto the Piazza del Popolo then explore the amazing Villa Borghese!
                                                      It's a beautiful giant park that you can hire bikes and ride around in, sunbathe or visit the Galleries within.
                                                      If you like football, I'd also venture north and check out the Stadico Olimpico where the Lazio and AC Roma play football.

In Florence you will visit the Uffizi, climb the Duomo and catch David at the Accademia but make sure you check out the Boboli Gardens!! They were home to the Medici family who you will hear lots about if you visit Florence.

Comment

Anyone been to Copenhagen?

Comment

Originally posted by greek_boy
                                                          Oh, tootzie...

Comment

Whooop! Going to NYC sometime in May, will stay there for a couple of weeks probably.

SOOOOO EXCITED!
                                                            Tweet, tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by greek_boy
                                                              Yep - loved it. Even got sunburned there!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X