Travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plym
    I would also go up the Spanish Steps and onto the Piazza del Popolo then explore the amazing Villa Borghese!
    It's a beautiful giant park that you can hire bikes and ride around in, sunbathe or visit the Galleries within.
    Thankyou, the park sounds absolutely gorgeous!
    Life is beautiful around the world

Comment

I'm going to NYC friday. It's my firt time in US and outside Europe too.
      I'll meet my sister with my parents because she does an intership.

I would to go in London and to go back to Spain.

Comment

I'm so jealous of everyone going to NY!!

I was going to go for New Year last year with a friend but it ended up being too expensive. I'm so hoping I can get enough money together to do it this year instead.

Have a lovely time!!
        Life is beautiful around the world

Comment

Originally posted by Murat
          Whooop! Going to NYC sometime in May, will stay there for a couple of weeks probably.

SOOOOO EXCITED!
          I finally booked my trip yesterday! I'll be leaving for NYC on May 9th and stay there for about two weeks, coming back just in time to catch the campfest that is Eurovision. I swear I didn't plan that on purpose! All I do now is daydream about what I'll do over there, what I'll get to see, etc. I'm so excited!
          Tweet, tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by missfunkymonks
            I'm so jealous of everyone going to NY!!

I was going to go for New Year last year with a friend but it ended up being too expensive. I'm so hoping I can get enough money together to do it this year instead.

Have a lovely time!!
            Thanks! I know I'm lucky and that it's expensive...
            I would to travel more in Europe because I don't know many places.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko45
              I'm going to NYC friday. It's my firt time in US and outside Europe too.
              I'll meet my sister with my parents because she does an intership.
              Are you flying on the Air France A380? It's a lovely machine! (Though still prone to delays)

Enjoy La Grand Pomme - but I'm sure you will. I only know one person that's been and didn't like it there!!!

Comment

I finally booked my trip yesterday! I'll be leaving for NYC on May 9th and stay there for about two weeks, coming back just in time to catch the campfest that is Eurovision. I swear I didn't plan that on purpose! All I do now is daydream about what I'll do over there, what I'll get to see, etc. I'm so excited!
                Vlieg je met KLM?
                Don't forget to call it New Amsterdam - they love that

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                  Originally posted by greek_boy
                  Anyone been to Copenhagen?
                  Yep - loved it. Even got sunburned there!
                  Did you visit Tivoli & Christiana?

Comment

Are you flying on the Air France A380? It's a lovely machine! (Though still prone to delays)

Enjoy La Grand Pomme - but I'm sure you will. I only know one person that's been and didn't like it there!!!
                    Probably, it's my parents who booked. But I know it's Air France. Maybe it's a lovely machine but I fear of flying! :-?

Thank you, I think I'll enjoy it

Comment

Vlieg je met KLM?
                      Nope. I was going to, but I chose Continental Airlines instead, their flight times were much, much better than KLM's. And thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to mention it a few times..
                      Tweet, tweet.

Comment

Vlieg je met KLM?
                        Nope. I was going to, but I chose Continental Airlines instead, their flight times were much, much better than KLM's. And thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to mention it a few times..
                        In the mean time, you can look around New York on Google Streetview:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 21973&z=16
                        You're like a bad penny =)

Comment

Make sure you go to Chinatown in NY (this is just one of many streets in Chinatown)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=15

Comment

Originally posted by jonasmileynlt

[...]
                            Make sure you go to Chinatown in NY (this is just one of many streets in Chinatown)

[...]
                            <3 <3 <3 Every bit of advice is welcome, thanks a lot! All I've been doing for the past few days is snooping around New York with Street View... I'm having a lot of 'Ooh, I wanna go here and here!' moments, so I think my feet will hurt like hell when those two weeks are over.
                            Tweet, tweet.

Comment

[...]

[...]
                              <3 <3 <3 Every bit of advice is welcome, thanks a lot! All I've been doing for the past few days is snooping around New York with Street View... I'm having a lot of 'Ooh, I wanna go here and here!' moments, so I think my feet will hurt like hell when those two weeks are over.
                              Hehe!

Anyways, I advise you to go to more lesser known places. There are tons of small streets with neat shops, restaurants, cafes, museums, etc that most tourists don't know about. Most of the tourist areas are boring.

Also, go to the Soho District. There are so many streets that have neat fashion stores.. here is one of the main busy streets:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5,,0,-3.09

Comment

For the moment, I went to the tourist area: Empire State, Times Square, a part of Central Park...
                                And some shops like M&Ms and Toy R Us around Times Square.
                                Some lines for shops or to eat are impressive!
                                Tomorrow, I'm going to Soho.

Comment

For the moment, I went to the tourist area: Empire State, Times Square, a part of Central Park...
                                  And some shops like M&Ms and Toy R Us around Times Square.
                                  Some lines for shops or to eat are impressive!
                                  Tomorrow, I'm going to Soho.
                                  Ooh, we want pictures! And where exactly are you staying?

@jonasmileynlt A friend of mine rented an appartment in SoHo last year, and he's also said that SoHo has loads of great stores and that I should just go there to shop instead of 5th ave.

I'm still not sure whether I should spend a day in Brooklyn - is there anything REALLY worth seeing there? I still have to figure out where exactly everything is located, so I can sorta plan my days. I don't wanna have to spend a lot of my time travelling during the day.
                                  Tweet, tweet.

Comment

Ooh, we want pictures! And where exactly are you staying?
                                    Maybe I'll post some pictures from my facebook but there are so many pictures!!!
                                    I'm staying in the 57th towards the 8th street, near Central Park and not far from Times Square.

I'm still not sure whether I should spend a day in Brooklyn - is there anything REALLY worth seeing there?
                                    My sister told me there is nothing special in Brooklyn. Maybe some bars and restaurants but it's more interesting in Manhattan.

Comment

I'm back and had a great time and even met up with BanZai who showed me round Amsterdam! Thank you!! We had a great time!

Comment

Glad you had a good one and BanZai was nice to you haha.

Only 3.5 weeks until my trip, sooooooo scary.
                                        THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

We had! It was so nice to meet you in person Chris!
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I haven't done the hostel thing much but I have been a bit around Europe and I have lived in 4 countries (Greece, Cyprus, Slovakia, UK)

West Europe tends to be safer but more boring. I've been to the UK (England, Scotland), Sweden and Austria. I think Scotland was by far the best. I like the UK in general wasn't too impressed by the others although Vienna is a must see(except it is oh-so-boring). Planning to visit Iceland, Portugal and France next

I've been to many places in Eastern Europe. Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary are pretty similar. People are extremely friendly, they are fun places to be and Prague and Budapest are extremely beautiful (I consider Prague the most beautiful town I have ever seen). It can be dangerous though if you have darker colour because of the skinheads. I love Slovakia but you could really skip it if you go to the other 3. Poland is not that nice but it is extremely interesting as a country

Balkans: been to all the ex-Yugoslav countries except Croatia (I know it is supposed to be the best lol). Slovenia is pretty much like Austria #2, beautiful place, pretty safe but people are a bit cold. Liked it a lot. Serbia was the best for me, very different, pretty safe (was there for over 3 months), very easy to have fun and people are very friendly too, however you should prepare yourself for adventurous holidays. Bosnia is pretty much the same although I didn't spend long time there. Macedonia is not that interesting although people are extremely friendly. Montenegro is extremely beautiful especially by the sea, you should go there if u can. In terms of capitals Belgrade, Sarajevo & Ljubljana are very nice, Skopje not.

Eastern Med: No need to say much about Greece. An advice: avoid the tourist hotspots and head to lesser known islands or the mainland, they tend to be more interesting, beautiful and fun to be. Crime is generally low. Cyprus is OK for a while, virtually no crime, there are a lot of fun places to go but it is pretty expensive. Nicosia (the capital) is not that exciting. If you need a bit of turkish culture you could visit the north (occupied part) too. Israel is OK too although after crossing into Palestine you wonder if you should visit again this place and support the Israelis with your money. Egypt is just georgeous in every sense and a big favourite destination of mine.

Hope I've helped
                                            jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Going to Budapest tomorrow. And after that Prague and Vienna. I hope it's gonna be good

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest
                                                Going to Budapest tomorrow. And after that Prague and Vienna. I hope it's gonna be good
                                                Have a good travel, Toni
                                                Crazy4DaveFranco....ehm, i mean Brad

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest
                                                  its little bit cold in Prague now ...
                                                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

I'm back from NY! And I'm so sad to come back.

Comment

Very excited my friend just booked us a trip to Prague and Berlin for later this year!
                                                      Beyhive #5491

Comment

Originally posted by IAmWill
                                                        Very excited my friend just booked us a trip to Prague and Berlin for later this year!
                                                        are you ready to party ?
                                                        nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

^I am always ready to party
                                                          Beyhive #5491

Comment

I'm back from NY! And I'm so sad to come back.
                                                            Aww, I hope you had a great time over there! I'm getting more excited by the day, May 9th is getting closer and closer...
                                                            Tweet, tweet.

Comment

omg i am dying of jealousy right now, im desperate to do this!
                                                              CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X