Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat
    Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    Mental illness is not funny but this seems to only encourage it imo, can hardly be a good way to prepare people for the real world, Im sure youll spin a perfectly valid point again though.
    I agree tbh, someone who has social anxiety for example shouldn't have "safe spaces" where they can hide and be alone. That seems like exactly the opposite of what you should do to get rid of the problem.

Also even if they have safe spaces at Uni, once they graduate they will have to search for jobs and job interviews are ruthless if you aren't prepared. At the job itself most of the time (especially at the beginning) you need to work with others and they will sort you out very quickly if you can't cooperate and always isolate yourself.

The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
    Member of the year
    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat
      The concept of safe spaces just seems to enhance and normalize a problem instead of trying to solve it IMO. All Unis have psychologists that work for the students where students can express themselves and work on their problems. That seems like a much better option IMO.
      I agree with you on everything and especially this part.
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords
        Originally posted by Serby
        Ikr, mental health care is so funny and pointless.
        yes, it's all a hoax
        #youcontrolyourbrainnottheotherwayaround
        not true at all, but I hope you were playing along to Serby's joke

mental health is really important, but I agree with aRat on this one
        last.fm

Comment

• Im signing up again for a Bachelors degree in Business Communication.
          YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Guess who's been accepted to do their year studying abroad at VU in Amstedam?
            ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecherry
              Guess who's been accepted to do their year studying abroad at VU in Amstedam?
              Omg who?

Jk congrats sis!!!
              be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Is anyone else struggling to motivate themselves during homeschooling? I'm so easy at distracting myself when I'm home :( . I'm sooo going to attend every lecture as soon as we're allowed to go to college again.
                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                and everything you stand for?
                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Looool so much. My uni has a no detriment policy for this term meaning as long as I pass everything I’ll get the same average mark as last term, and fortunately I did quite well last term so I have no motivation. I have one last essay to do for my elective module but naturally I have left myself 3 days to write it rip
                  Fiat 500

Comment

• Depending on what that essay is supposed to be about, I'd rather write that one, I guess ^^ . This semester, internal accounting is my enemy and it's the hardest course in my studies. It's not as if I want to work in accounting anyway, but I've got to pass that course somehow - despite Corona :/ .
                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                    and everything you stand for?
                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• ^you can do it! Think of the end goal. This time next year I’ll be finished and that’s helping me keep going. My essay is nearly done but it’s an elective module in anthropology different to my main degree (which is linguistics) and I’m finding it hard :(
                      Fiat 500

Comment

Working...
                    X