Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The things that you realize with time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That school days are the best days are of your life. Every adult will tell you this when you're at school but you never believe it until you start working!

Comment

a. we are all alone on this world and we cannot depend on anyone no matter how good a relationship we have. everyone is on this world for himself and everyone wants to have the best time possible so they will only call you or interact with you if you can give them that.

b. personally i try to have the lowest expectations as possible even from my very very close friends because no matter how low my expectations are, i always end up getting disappointed..

Comment

Oh chaotic that is really sad to read. You have to have faith in people, when you do you meet all sorts of great people who won't let you down.

Also at Irishguy's post.
        Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Originally posted by Skelofect
          If you're over 35, keep your arms down. TAO
          Whats TAO?
          Blu Cantrell - "S.O.S." (Tell Me Where You At)

Comment

Originally posted by Breathe
            If you're over 35, keep your arms down. TAO
            Whats TAO?
            TAO
            Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Oh chaotic that is really sad to read. You have to have faith in people, when you do you meet all sorts of great people who won't let you down.
              i have too much faith in me, so there is none left for others

Comment

Originally posted by chaottic
                i have too much faith in me, so there is none left for others
                I understand what you mean Chaottic. I got the same problem with "people". I find that I always end up getting disappointed, or abused, or ripped off. I think that the key is to understand what you can ask/ give from each person. Example, if I need a piece of advice, there is no 1 I can trust with giving me that advice, so I ask a pool of people.

And you can always believe in people who believe in people.

Comment

Originally posted by chaottic
                  b. personally i try to have the lowest expectations as possible even from my very very close friends because no matter how low my expectations are, i always end up getting disappointed..
                  This is true... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                    That school days are the best days are of your life. Every adult will tell you this when you're at school but you never believe it until you start working!
                    I agree. I'm four years out of school and I wish I could go back, I actually miss it.

Well I don't actually miss everything, I'd drop some of my classes, but I miss a couple of them and I miss hanging out with my friends EVERY single day.
                    I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Lots of people say "they don't make it [music] like they used to".. saying music nowadays is shit, going downhill ETC ETC

I heard a Britney Spears Best Of album yesterday - and to be quite honest, it didn't sound as good as what I remembered it to sound like. It was still great, just not AS great..

This goes to show that perhaps we don't remember music in itself BUT rather how we felt like when we heard a song for the 1st time. And the songs we might tend to like more are the ones that were 1st introduced to us when we found out about music OR introduced to a particular style we enjoyed (=> so music/ the style is wonderful, made us feel great) - and the memory of the feeling (mixed with the songs as a soundtrack) go on to set our standard.

I would then go on to judge all pop songs based on how I felt like when I heard "Baby one more time" the 1st time - and of course all other songs would never be quite as good, because "Baby one more time" made me feel the best simply because it could have been the 1st time I heard a good pop song (not really, but it's an example).

All of this to say that => with time and for now I think I learnt that music doesn't get better or worst, it just sort of changes.

Comment

Originally posted by irishguy28
                        BOW DOWN!
                        tell the others you've gone to sea...

Comment

That there is a massive difference between reading about, writing about or listening to music, and making music.

Comment

Originally posted by pollei
                            That people tease you bad things if you like Britney so much.

They always say that I'm too late in music since I like Britney so much. :( :( :( :(

BUT, do I CAREEEE!?

Emoticon experts would argue that your choice in :( suggests, yes.

What have I learnt with time?

That money isn't everything, but it does make life easier when you have it.

Comment

True.

I also learned that "calory" is a measuring unit for "tastiness".

And that most of the time we place our happiness in other people's hands. Other people's reactions to us or opinions about us often make or break our day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92 View Post
                                That you shouldn't go out looking for love, if you do, you'll end up tricking yourself that someone is right for you.

That your finest moments are times when you don't realise you're doing anything special, when you're just being yourself, is when you're at your best.

That its better to be imperfect than perfect.
                                Great points.

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                Sigh. Facts.
                                Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#2]

Comment

^ Ha, just talked about school days with my partner yesterday. I hated it back then, but I really wish I would have enjoyed those days way more. Also, time went by way slower back then.

Comment

I feel like you don’t have as many friends as you used to have between 18 and 28 for example when you’re 30+.

It‘s definitely a good thing if you have learned spending time on your own before your thirties.
                                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

That self-love, self-respect and gratitude are the some of the most important virtues one can have & that those are the basis that lead to good things in all aspects in life.
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• InFamous
                                        InFamous commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Deep!!

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      ^ Ha, just talked about school days with my partner yesterday. I hated it back then, but I really wish I would have enjoyed those days way more. Also, time went by way slower back then.
                                      Are you guys counting high school years in that?

For me personally university days were much better and fulfilling than school days.
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post

Are you guys counting high school years in that?

For me personally university days were much better and fulfilling than school days.
                                        We don't have that over here.

We basically have kindergarten, 9 years school and then you start your apprenticeship. I started my apprenticeship when I was 15 years old.

Comment

To be perfectly frank with you, I fully realized that those who have come up with the saying "never say never" they are genius. One should not be categorical and say that "I would never do (something)" because you never know what you will have to do in the future :(

Comment

That hateful people will always always always reveal their true selves eventually.

Comment

High school days were the best for me. Not perfect at all, but ignorance was truly bliss. College already brought the “adult” worries, responsibilities, anxiety about the future, etc.

I can’t believe I’m approaching 30.
                                              last.fm

Comment

You realize a lot when you get a job after university. The fantasies that someone needs you so cool and that someone is waiting for you somewhere is dispelled. In this life, you need to gnaw your way to well-being with your teeth. And sometimes you have to plow two jobs to meet your needs. Of course, everyone's needs are different. Some people have enough beer and pizza on Friday, cable TV and clothes from the mass market. But there are people who strive for more. To self-development, professional development. Then you need to plow so that there is money to pay for tuition. Also, over time, you realize that you need to take care of your health, when headaches begin from a sedentary lifestyle, extra pounds are gained. I say banal things, but they come to mind when problems begin. You start grabbing the chances of self-realization when you don't live on your salary, but you survive. Unfortunately, such actions are not done in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                                X