Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In what artist do you recognize yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what artist do you recognize yourself?

Okay, I know you never really know your favorite artists, but they have an image and show their personality in interviews, music etc.

So my question is: Which artist has the same personality as you have? (Who do you recognize yourself in?)

I recognize myself in P!nk, definitely. Funny, because she's not even my favorite singer.

I'm very loud, in your face, open-minded, all over the place and energetic like her. I'm a good friend who's always there for everyone and i am brutally honest. (something people do not always appreciate). I don't like formal occasions and i think rules suck. I'm spiritual and don't give a shit about what other people may think of me. I'd say i'm very confident and happy with myself, but I have my moments were i'm really insecure. I can really be my own worst enemy, as I tend to drown in waves of emotions.

I think i've been through enough drama when i was a little younger and that made me a stronger person that has learned that it's very important to love yourself.

I love life and feel like the world is my candystore.

Songs that I recognize myself in are: Sober, Funhouse, God Is A DJ, I Don't Believe You and Please Don't Leave Me
    Big.Big.Booty.

Uhmm... Tori Amos and Kate Bush. But I also think there's pretty much of Kelis in me.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

I'm a highly creative person. I can invent stories, settings and atmosphere just like Tori Amos and Kate Bush. I'm a little extraordinary as well and that's why I'd compare myself with those two personas. They both need to be discovered. And I need to be discovered as well.

On the other side I can be a total arrogant and self-confident, feisty and upfront whore. XD I regularly walk my ego (instead of the dog XD) in trainers and hoodies, chew bubblegum or smoke a lot. Then I have pretty much an attitude. I curse a lot, talk straight and I'm no percent what I previously described. Therefore I'd say I'm somewhat like Kelis. A very raw character who sometimes just doesn't want to be extraordinarily nice to everybody. ;) Nevertheless... Kelis shows raw emotions in her songs and so do I. I can say that I'm hurt and heartbroken without showing any emotion, but totally mean and feel this way.

This must sound so unflattering as I've not chosen the easiest ones to get into. XD But oh well, not everbody hates me for sure

Comment

Ronan Keating, Dido, Roy Stride (Scouting For Girls), Heidi Range and Ryan Tedder

I think i'm a bit of a mix of all these tbh. None are hardly 'super-cool', but I think they're all mature and collected, but people like Roy still have that little bit of schoolboy attitude and sense or recklessness and fun every so often.

Plus we all have the 'light hair' genes .

Comment

Tbh the main artists I can see myself in are the Spice Girls, the way they were back in the day. Out for fun, bubbly, big-mouthed and just all round outrageous

In particular I would say I'm really like Baby Spice. I'm really girly and live for my friends and having fun. Also we are both blondes .

Comment

^
            ^

Amy, I love you already!
            Madonna Addict

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92
              Ronan Keating, Dido, Roy Stride (Scouting For Girls), Heidi Range and Ryan Tedder

I think i'm a bit of a mix of all these tbh. None are hardly 'super-cool', but I think they're all mature and collected, but people like Roy still have that little bit of schoolboy attitude and sense or recklessness and fun every so often.

Plus we all have the 'light hair' genes .

NO ONE! Can be that boring I think you're selling yourself short here

Comment

I sort of have a split personality.

I'm actually really caring and sensitive with a strong creative force and virtuose trait, putting myself next to Beyonce character-wise.

But then again, I can be really ambitious (not to say stubborn), eloquent and confident. Most people even say I tend to be self-absorbed and even cocky. I don't go with the swim of things and I very much emphasize on honesty and values, which puts me in the Christina Aguilera department.

I can also be very goofy and I love to laugh with my beloved ones every now and then and yet I enjoy serious conversations about god and life. That again reminds me a little of Justin Timberlake.

And isn't it funny, that these happen to be my favorite artists? What a coincidence!

And I'm crazy, all day, all night
                Who needs a degree when you're schoolin' life?

Comment

This mite sound strange but I see so much of myself in Michael Jackson :-? :-?
                  Who are the most favorite hip hop acts on UkMix?

Find out here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pleasurenpain
                    You probably meant to say "you see so much of Michael Jackson in yourself".

Whatever, you should feel honoured. He was one of the most genuine and affectionate persons in the industry. So selfless and warm. Is that you??

Comment

Kanye West - We're both opinionated and honest.

Prince - We're both creative and innovative.

Andy Warhol - We're both groundbreaking in our respective fields.

Jimi Hendrix - He's my soulmate.

Rachel Maddow - She's my political soulmate. God bless her.
                      I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothKid
                        no it makes more sense the way that pleasurenpain said it actually!
                        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                          Well, now that I read it closely a few times, it indeed makes more sense the way plasurenpain said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baditude
                            Kanye West - We're both opinionated and honest.

Prince - We're both creative and innovative.

Andy Warhol - We're both groundbreaking in our respective fields.

Jimi Hendrix - He's my soulmate.

Rachel Maddow - She's my political soulmate. God bless her.
                            Well then I could be Prince, Warhol and Kanye very easily as well. ;)

A little unprecises, maybe because you picked out certain qualities that fit you. But maybe you should limit yourself and only choose 2 celebs for 2 different sides/aspects maybe.

Comment

In one sense, Neil Hannon of the Divine Comedy. I feel I "get" his sense of humour, and a lot of people are rather lost by his rather odd lyrics.

However, there's actually one definite answer to this question. I saw an interview over the weekend, and the answers this guy gave to SO many questions I thought "Yes, I share the exact same views myself!"

So yes, I guess the artist I most recognise myself in is... Sir Cliff Richard

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                                Well, now that I read it closely a few times, it indeed makes more sense the way plasurenpain said it.
                                How ironic. I thought about the same thing when posting this.
                                Who are the most favorite hip hop acts on UkMix?

Find out here!!!

Comment

Lady GaGa.

Drama & Sex addict who likes being drunk and playing with men, with a sensitive side.
                                  Drip-droppin way down low for All the Alejandros that have gone before.

Comment

Originally posted by VanityEgo
                                    Lady GaGa.

Drama & Sex addict who likes being drunk and playing with men, with a sensitive side.
                                    I'd volunteer!
                                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

The first person to come to mind is Rihanna. There's that obvious West Indian connection, yes, but there's also a lightness, playfulness, and sense of humour that we seem to share.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [7-6]

Comment

Working...
                                        X