Being Good To Yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Good To Yourself

What have you been doing to make yourself feel good recently? (And no, I don't mean petting the badger.)

Lately I've gone back to reading books, started exercising & eating better food & I'm really glad I have & it's made me realise it's the simplest things in life that make you truly happy

You?
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Re: Being Good To Yourself

Originally posted by theberen
    What have you been doing to make yourself feel good recently? (And no, I don't mean petting the badger.)

Lately I've gone back to reading books, started exercising & eating better food & I'm really glad I have & it's made me realise it's the simplest things in life that make you truly happy

You?
    same here, actually...I've found that finishing a book actually makes me feel like I've accomplished something (unlike watching TV, surfing the web, etc.) a day I've used to read feels like a day well spent

just finished The Kid (nonfiction about a gay couple's adoption experience) and Buyology (about the relationship between advertising and brain activity)...currently working on Bonk (about the relationship between science/research and sex)
    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by theberen
      Same here actually, never used to read but have started reading to chill me out. Also been going gym 3 times a week for a proper training session with one of my mates. Feel so much healthier.

Also I haven't touched alcohol since Jan 3rd - that's really good for me!
      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Just revising hard for my exams, knowing it'll pay off when I get the results. I'm going on holiday for 3 weeks after I finish them too, so its sort of giving me motivation to work hard, knowing i'll have time to relax and feel i've earned it later.

I've also been trying to look my best as well when I go out, just by doing stuff like spending that little bit exatra on any new clothes I buy. It gives you that little bit more confidence when I go out, and I HAVE been going out alot more recently, trying to make the most of the last few months I have round here before we all leave for Uni.

Comment

I've become somewhat metro-sexual with regards to the immense amount of products i'm using on my face

I have also sent off for a 'stop smoking' pack and I'm looking forward to being free!

Comment

Originally posted by steophonic
            Also I haven't touched alcohol since Jan 3rd - that's really good for me!
            That IS an achievement! I don't know if I could last that long.

I've just generally been eating better and doing more exercise, started losing weight already.

Comment

I agree about reading books - I've bee doing that a lot recently. I find it very theraputic. I also love the odd stroll around the block ... some nice fresh, English air does you the world of good.

Comment

I'm trying to give myself grace and not let the pressure of work consume me. I've settled into a little daily workout routine and I have a list of daily goals that I try to set the night before/morning of and tracking my progress against that and getting to 100% at the end of the day makes me feel accomplished.

I just need to get my sleeping pattern back under control.
                Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#2]

Comment

Working...
                X