replied
    Originally posted by grooveboy
    Now THAT's a transformation! Well done mate
    +1!

Everything's possible, congrats Nick!

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Bloody hell Nickney, that's amazing. Well done you.

You want a hot body?
    You better work bitch!

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    Originally posted by samra
    To lose weight you need to do cardio (things like jogging, skipping, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, cycling, etc.) which burns fat from all over your body. Where your body stores fat depends on genetics. Sometimes you'll see people with large belly's and regular looking legs but that's not because they walk a lot or cycle. It's because they're genetically that way. Other times you'll see people with weight concentrated on their hips, bum and legs with relatively normal upper bodys.
    That's me to a T. I only gain weight on my stomach. My legs are slim as, the rest of me is fine but I have a belly. It's so annoying!

And Nick, OMG! Well done! You look great <3

Leave a comment:

• grooveboy
    replied
    ^ Now THAT's a transformation! Well done mate

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    So this is how I have lost around 40kgs in 11 months..

I was doing a lot of Cardio exercises, running and Insanity.
    I was running in the morning and at the night it was time for Insanity..
    Food, well I did do some changes but not so much, I threw out from my menus all artificial food (juices, meat products, sweets)..
    I put in my menus oat flakes, low fat cheese, boiled eggs, a lot of chicken breasts (mainly cooked), a lot of fruit (especially bananas) and a lot of vegetables.. the most important thing is speed up metabolism, eat a lot of proteins, good fats (fish, tuna..) and healthy carbohydrates.. you will speed up metabolism if you eat 5 - 6 normal / small meals from the morning to the night and of course do at least a 30 minutes of some exercise..

This is how I have looked in January 2012

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1002_n.jpg

and now

viewtopic.php?p=4862184#p4862184" target="_blank" target="_blank

Leave a comment:

• ECE
    replied
    Sooo I really wanted to step up my game in the fitness department and after a month of embarking on my new diet/exercise plan, the results are visible already!

I gained extra LEAN muscle and lost fat -not that I had much of it but I wanted my body to become more "dry".

So 1st) I replaced normal carbs(pasta, bread) with whole-grain and after some days I cut down on them altogether. I still get few carbs here and there through milk, vegetables, etc. but these are "good" carbs. Plus I mostly consume them daytime. It's a bit hard but it is what it is.

2nd) I started consuming more protein AND being more selective in the quality I take in. After research I've found an online site that delivers GREAT lean meat at excellent price -the same or lower than Tesco's. If any pal from the UK wants me to recommend the site, PM me I've found it out through my instructor and I couldn't be more content.

3rd) After improving my diet, upgrading my workout plan was easy. I can now do more exercise and lift heavier weight

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Great post ThaInfo

Leave a comment:

• samra
    replied
    MyFitnessPal is amazing! The best thing is being able to scan barcodes and automatically have the entire nutritional values of whatever you're eating automatically come up and save into your diary. I've been using it to try and gain weight though because I skip meals and don't eat enough.

Originally posted by Shorty
    I liked the tips about what exercises to do, cos there's all sorts of exercises for different body parts - I have problems with shifting weight from my stomach, and I find it really hard to do sit ups cos of a bad back, so I need other ways to exercise that part of my body. For years, I was doing the wrong thing and wondering why the weight never shifted
    As far as I'm aware, it's a myth that you can target weight loss on different parts of your body. Doing lots of sit ups won't burn the fat around your stomach, it'll just strengthen your ab muscles. Similarly, doing squats won't burn away the fat on your legs, you'll just tone your legs muscles underneath.

To lose weight you need to do cardio (things like jogging, skipping, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, cycling, etc.) which burns fat from all over your body. Where your body stores fat depends on genetics. Sometimes you'll see people with large belly's and regular looking legs but that's not because they walk a lot or cycle. It's because they're genetically that way. Other times you'll see people with weight concentrated on their hips, bum and legs with relatively normal upper bodys.

Disclaimer: I'm not a health expert or anything, this is just what I've come to understand from a bunch of online reading.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1
    Another important thing to remember is, when you have a moment where you mess up and cheat (and it WILL happen unfortunently) don't give up. Act like that shit didn't happen and keep moving ever so flawless on your quest to get dat sexy body). I use to do this all the time...I would mess up and eat something unhealthy/binge and then be like "oh, I'll restart next week/month". don't do that!!!!!! Let yourself have that little moment and get back on that horse like a bad bish.
    Best bit of advice in this whole thread. Preach it sista.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1
    Another important thing to remember is, when you have a moment where you mess up and cheat (and it WILL happen unfortunently) don't give up. Act like that shit didn't happen and keep moving ever so flawless on your quest to get dat sexy body). I use to do this all the time...I would mess up and eat something unhealthy/binge and then be like "oh, I'll restart next week/month". don't do that!!!!!! Let yourself have that little moment and get back on that horse like a bad bish.
    Yes! Great advice! I've seen friends of mine fail and indulge majorly, and then they say "oh I'll start again on Monday!" then Monday comes and they of course don't. There's a reason why I've lost the weight and they haven't, I didn't give up!!

If I didn't let myself have a little bit of junk food or whatever, I would go insane. But it's funny, when I went to NYC last year I was expecting to gain some weight from eating out the ENTIRE time (no way to avoid it, really...), but instead I lost weight and came home lighter then when I left It's cos we walked around the whole time we were there. I was burning off calories left right and centre, so the unhealthy fast food didn't hang around on me for long!

Easter's coming up, and I can't let it pass me by without having some chocolate. It just wouldn't be right :(

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Replace regular rice with brown rice, it's much better. Though rice in general isn't all that fattening unless you eat a box of it a day

Leave a comment:

• Era
    replied
    ^ Oh that advice is really helpful

I always start bad give up in between I'm not at all fat but just a little chubby and I wanna loose a few kgs
    Guess I'll start today Thanks for the diet & all the food related advice

Oh btw I gotta question : Does rice contribute to getting fatter ? I love rice BUT I'm willing to give it up if it's fattening !

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Well, for a bad bish like me that has lost 50 lbs...it definitely hard and you really have to find what works for YOU. Not all these raisins and pickle diets will work for you

I don't like to call it a diet, it has to be a lifestyle change.

I used this app called myfitnesspal and it has a data base of almost every food known to man. If it doesn't have that food you can add it. It basically calorie counts and also use it as a food/workout journal. You set up your account with how much you weigh and how much you wanna loose and it tells you the recommended target calories you should consume to reach that goal. It really helps. I advise anyone with a to use this if you tryna lose dat belly.

What I did was cut out all bad carbs (everything made of white flour) and only tried to eat them during earlier periods of the day so the body can burn them off. All drinks I had (beside milk for my cereal) I would make sure they were calorie free...so I mostly drank water and some calorie free sport drinks. I tried to have some type of veggie and fruit intake each day, everyday.

My biggest trick I did was snack replacements...since that was my biggest problems. I basically found snacks to replace the unhealthy snacks I usually went to. Such as instead of fruity candy, I used fruit snacks; instead of candy bars, I used granola bars; instead of potatoes chips/crisp; I use veggie/popcorn chips and nuts; instead of ice cream, I ate parfaits or frozen yogurt.

The hardest thing to deal with was fast food since there really isn't an alternative to that except for eating at home. But a lot of establishment sell more healthier things now such as wraps, salads, soups. You just gotta put down that bigmac and find something you like.

Hope I helped a bit.

Leave a comment:

• UKMusicLova
    replied
    My friend who studied diets and stuff like that taught me one thing that I sort of try my best to abide by if I can.

Obvs you have a balanced diet etc, cos that's good. You don't necessarily have to eat less, but he taught me to split my meals into two portions. So you have your normal lunch portion, eat half of it and leave the other half for an hour or two later. This gives your body time to digest the first half, and your metabolism kicks in before the second half therefore avoiding overloading.
    Basically the message is eat small portions at regular intervals rather than big portions 3 times a day.

Leave a comment:

• ECE
    replied
    Shut your mouth, cut all the crap, move your ass and u're bound to see results y'all.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    LOL I just don't find it helpful in a thread about losing weight, people just say 'eat healthy and exercise'. It's like can you be a bit more specific? That's too general a tip That's really what I meant, not that just eating healthy and exercising doesn't help you lose weight. Of course it does, it's just saying that isn't really that helpful, cos most people know that lol.

I liked the tips about what exercises to do, cos there's all sorts of exercises for different body parts - I have problems with shifting weight from my stomach, and I find it really hard to do sit ups cos of a bad back, so I need other ways to exercise that part of my body. For years, I was doing the wrong thing and wondering why the weight never shifted

Leave a comment:

• toni_pest
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetPie
    Originally posted by Poop123
    Eat healthy and Exercise!!
    It's definitely NOT that simple! It if it was, then people wouldn't find it so hard to lose weight!
    It IS. People are just lazy and tend to not follow their diet/exercise plans. You're telling me that if you took out all of the crap from your diet and exercised a few days a week you wouldn't get smaller?

Leave a comment:

• SweetPie
    replied
    It's definitely NOT that simple! It if it was, then people wouldn't find it so hard to lose weight!
    It is THAT simple! You just need to find a good diet and good workout program and that's it!

Leave a comment:

• floria
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    Great topic!

I guess it's sometimes even harder to keep the weight after you lost it than loosing it.
    I'm (unfortunately) the best example... lost 20kg two years ago and now i have around 15kg back :-?
    Anyway, trying to lose some again to be fit when summer's here!

Originally posted by robert989
    can someone tell me if home made not greasy pop corn and polenta fattening ?
    Well, it depends on which cheese you take for polenta. You would need to take non- or low-fat cheese, then it shouldn't be a problem.
    The problem isn't in the fat but in the flour and popcorn...

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied

Originally posted by eddydivani
    Thanks Shorty for the great tips..im also trying to cut fast food, sweet drinks, bread and alcohol
    You're welcome! Oh and yeah I forgot about alcohol, I cut that out too. I have like one bottle a month or something now

Originally posted by oasisbobo
    Well done and thanks for the words of encouragement!
    Thank you <3 And you're welcome You can do it if you put your mind to it, and have the willpower!

Leave a comment:

• SweetPie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Great topic!

I guess it's sometimes even harder to keep the weight after you lost it than loosing it.
    I'm (unfortunately) the best example... lost 20kg two years ago and now i have around 15kg back :-?
    Anyway, trying to lose some again to be fit when summer's here!

Originally posted by robert989
    Well, it depends on which cheese you take for polenta. You would need to take non- or low-fat cheese, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• robert989
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X