• Show
Clear All

• SweetPie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shorty
    Originally posted by SweetPie
    Originally posted by Poop123
    Eat healthy and Exercise!!
    It's definitely NOT that simple! It if it was, then people wouldn't find it so hard to lose weight!
    It is THAT simple! You just need to find a good diet and good workout program and that's it!

Leave a comment:

• floria
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike
    Great topic!

I guess it's sometimes even harder to keep the weight after you lost it than loosing it.
    I'm (unfortunately) the best example... lost 20kg two years ago and now i have around 15kg back :-?
    Anyway, trying to lose some again to be fit when summer's here!

Originally posted by robert989
    can someone tell me if home made not greasy pop corn and polenta fattening ?
    Well, it depends on which cheese you take for polenta. You would need to take non- or low-fat cheese, then it shouldn't be a problem.
    The problem isn't in the fat but in the flour and popcorn...

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetPie
    It's definitely NOT that simple! It if it was, then people wouldn't find it so hard to lose weight!

Originally posted by eddydivani
    Thanks Shorty for the great tips..im also trying to cut fast food, sweet drinks, bread and alcohol
    You're welcome! Oh and yeah I forgot about alcohol, I cut that out too. I have like one bottle a month or something now

Originally posted by oasisbobo
    Well done and thanks for the words of encouragement!
    Thank you <3 And you're welcome You can do it if you put your mind to it, and have the willpower!

Leave a comment:

• SweetPie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Great topic!

I guess it's sometimes even harder to keep the weight after you lost it than loosing it.
    I'm (unfortunately) the best example... lost 20kg two years ago and now i have around 15kg back :-?
    Anyway, trying to lose some again to be fit when summer's here!

Well, it depends on which cheese you take for polenta. You would need to take non- or low-fat cheese, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• robert989
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oasisbobo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shorty
    I've now lost almost 15kgs! I went from 67kgs to 53kgs over the last year or so My goal weight was 55kgs, so I passed it! Proud I might aim for 50kgs, cos that was my weight for a number of years.
    Well done and thanks for the words of encouragement!

When I last weighed myself I was 13 stone 8. My first goal weight is to get to 12 stone. Then take it from there!

Leave a comment:

• eddydivani
    replied
    Thanks Shorty for the great tips..im also trying to cut fast food, sweet drinks, bread and alcohol

Leave a comment:

• robert989
    replied
    hey guys i am trying to lose weight and i cut out my bread and anything with white flour i dont eat sweets and chocolate no sugar etc. just sometimes honey when i need something sweet or sugar but i eat pollenta i was wondering if its fattening i thought its not but my friend was are you crazy that is fattening its just like bread it got me confused soo cause i thought that is very healty and not fattening

oh and i replaced snacks like chips etc. with home made popcorn with very little oil (almost nothing i just put a little so they dont stick on my pot) and no salt i read they are very healty and good to eat when home made without oil or salt

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    I've now lost almost 15kgs! I went from 67kgs to 53kgs over the last year or so My goal weight was 55kgs, so I passed it! Proud I might aim for 50kgs, cos that was my weight for a number of years.

It was a hard road, but I got there in the end! Giving up the junk food and not snacking was especially hard for me as I'm constantly hungry After awhile you get used to it, but the first couple of weeks with a growling stomach and constant feel of hunger is the worst - it's in the first couple of weeks when you want to give up, but DON'T!!!

I gave up chocolate, lollies/candy, chips, fast food and I only drink water. I still have these things occasionally, cos if you give them up entirely, that's when you're tempted to just give up and indulge. Having a little bit is ok

We walk everywhere cos we don't have a car, and our local mall is set out in a long flat line (it takes around 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other), so it's great for exercise!

Originally posted by MonsterRoco
    don't eat anything, then you will alot of weight.
    Don't follow this advice lol.

Leave a comment:

• eddydivani
    replied
    I've gained few pounds and now im trying to loose the extra weight. .imma try Nutrisystem and see how it works..anyone used it before?

Leave a comment:

• oasisbobo
    replied
    Recently been forced into losing weight. Lots of great tips in here.

I have a cross trainer in the house. To measure my fitness I decided to see how far I could go in 20 mins. Then as training I have decided to use the sprint and jog method as well as a little run. I also enjoy long walks which is a great way to exercise.

Diet changes include replacing fizzy juice by diluted juice with fizzy water and eating no chocolate. As well as eating a lot healthier overall.

Hopefully if I put the hard work in i'll see some results

Leave a comment:

• robert989
    replied
    I just started doing this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vLZqPZxZE
    actually i started practicing yoga yesterday dont know what effects will bring i hope ill manage to loose 3-4 kilos this two weeks i am not fat but i want to loose 5 kilos cause if i continue like this soon i will be FAT :( :x

Leave a comment:

• MonsterRoco
    replied
    don't eat anything, then you will alot of weight.

Leave a comment:

• MadeOfBricks
    replied
    Yea I'm not fat or anything, I've just put weight on in those areas that I wanna lose!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by ShayLaB
    These days I just watch a movie on a cross trainer every other night.
    This is one thing I like to do cos I generally find exercising a bit boring and a lot of the time music keeps me going but sometimes when I run out of song choices I go on the treadmill in our garage an watch a film on my laptop - makes the time pass much quicker and keeps me on there for longer.

I also think dancing is a great exercise, I try and dance loads when I'm having loads to drink to try and cancel out some of the calories

Martin I refuse to believe you have moobs, you were like a skinny little emo the last photos I saw of you!

Leave a comment:

• matugama
    replied
    bellydancing, started copying shakira off her youtube vids just for fun, now i got some sexy smooth stomach area. not ripped though just sexily smooth :p

Leave a comment:

• ShayLaB
    replied
    Originally posted by MadeOfBricks
    That Body for life thing looks really interesting, I'm joining a gym Monday - I don't want to bulk up at all - just loose weight from my stomach, legs and moobs - any tips?! My diet is pretty poor also, I'm slowly cutting down on the crap to get me started and I don't think I'm gonna take it too seriously, I just wanna lose the weight I've put on, but any tips as to how to lose weight on these areas as well as what foods to eat/avoid would be appreciated.
    I did a nutrition course a little while back and one of the best things to look out for in a food is it's Glycaemic Index (GI). Generally speaking foods with a low GI index are digested more slowly and help you feel full for longer.

GI foods

Porridge is one of the health foods of all. I mix it up in a blender with milk and frozen strawberries every morning.

+

+

+

=

Leave a comment:

• ShayLaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mooriah
    what is this can you give an example of exercises that are combined ?
    The easiest one would be sprint exercise.

In layment terms, when you start out you can try;

> 12-15 seconds running as fast as possible
    > slow jog for 36-45 seconds
    do this outside (really hard to do it on a treadmill) and repeat 10-12 times (when I first started out I can only do like 6-8 times)

basically the sprint:slow jog ratio is 1:3 and when you are become more athletic, you can try to do 1:2.

You should feel like you want to puke at the end of the exercise (like you really can't take it anymore).

And by 'running as fast as possible' it means mantaining 60-70% of your maximum heart rate (but I never wear any heart monitor.. I just sprint like mad as if there are 42 dogs chasing me!)
    Lampposts.

That's what I used.

Alternating between sprinting and slow jog between lampposts. Even better when you get somebody going with you and you can race them in the sprints.

Can't do so much of that these days. A couple of injurys have left me with a knee held together with steal bolts and rubber bands (literally). These days I just watch a movie on a cross trainer every other night.

Leave a comment:

• MadeOfBricks
    replied
    That Body for life thing looks really interesting, I'm joining a gym Monday - I don't want to bulk up at all - just loose weight from my stomach, legs and moobs - any tips?! My diet is pretty poor also, I'm slowly cutting down on the crap to get me started and I don't think I'm gonna take it too seriously, I just wanna lose the weight I've put on, but any tips as to how to lose weight on these areas as well as what foods to eat/avoid would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Rawiri James
    replied
    Originally posted by Juancito75
    remember, its mind over matter!!!
    Damn right, your mind is your best friend/biggest enemy when it comes to weight loss or weight gain.

There isn't a single exercise or piece of exercise equipment that doesn't benefit your body and everybody has the basic understanding of eating salad vs. KFC... the best advice I could give anyone before starting any new regime or diet is to first establish what you hope to achieve and make all your food decisions when you're in a healthy mental state as opposed to a negative one. Discipline and commitment is key but after a while its easy to 'everyday' healthier food choices.

That said, having KFC every few months is not the end of the world and people often punish themselves for the occasional indulgence by overworking or undereating (or feeling like a complete failure, give up on healthy altogether) and this is straight up not good for you.

On a related a note, a dude I once knew who was Ryan Reynolds-ish with his torso and stuff used to brag about his body... and told me he doesn't eat. Like ever. His entire diet was made up of protein shakes. I mean seriously people, WTF? Eating is normal, and shouldnt ever be de-normalised.

Err yeh, rant over.

Leave a comment:

• blink182rcool
    replied
    just been reading through all this and theres some good tips! my problem is just doing that first step to get me going, it seems all like one big up hill struggle. I've tried eating good for the past few weeks but things what i think are healthy, turn out to be full of calories so ive no idea what to eat and what not!

A lot of people tell me to have soups, that sorta thing but i hate soup ive yet to come across a flavour i like!

Leave a comment:

• Juancito75
    replied
    remember, its mind over matter!!!

Loved this!, thanks for the info as well. Some people are really selfish and don't like to share with others, specially if they paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    I did Body For Life 3 year ago and in a nutshell:

1. Eat 6 meals a day, every 2 hours (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, snack),. Snacks can be yoghurt, protein candy bar, etc.
    2. Exercise 4-6 time a week
    3. Take 1 day off a week to eat whatever you want. Its kinda like a gift to yourself for being so diligent for the past week. Seriously, eat anything and as much as you like on that 1 day
    4. Training should ideally be something like this
    - Day 1 - Upper Body (45mins - 1hr)
    - Day 2 - Cardio (20 mins) - running, swimming
    - Day 3 - Lower Body (45mins - 1hr)
    - Day 4 - Repeat Day 2
    - Day 5 - Repeat Day 1
    - Day 6 - Repeat Day 2
    - Day 7 - DAY OFF - eat and drink whatever you like
    5. On training days, drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water

I assure you; 3 years ago, I was never the sporty type. After doing body for life, I thrive on running, swimming, surfing, hiking!!! It has become a natural way of life!

Oh, and you are human and expected to have the odd day and week where you are not in the mood
    But remember, its mind over matter!!!

Feel free to PM me about an eating plan that body for life suggests! (Protiens, Carbs and Veggies). If you want to lose weight, you might want to cut out on the carbs!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Stop shovelling food in your gob and get up off your backside more regularly

Seriously though I find it takes a LOT of willpower but the combination of a better diet (cut out junk), eating less or not eating when you're not hungry (a lot of eating is just habit or boredom) and 30-60 minutes of exercise per day works great for me. I always allow myself a treat each week too, like a big night out followed by a pizza or a big bar of chocolate at the weekend that way it doesn't become depressing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X