Tips to Lose Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tips to Lose Weight

^ Nope. If you do sport but still eat a lot, you won't loose weight. The combination of both is the best thing one can do to loose weight.

Comment

• If you loose 30 pounds without sport you look like jabba from star wars.
      You need sport to get muscles
      YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• My husband had gained a lot of weight as he got a lot of medication (due to cancer) and was too tired to do much.
        Now he has lost 16 kg by cutting out carbs and sugar.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
          ^ Nope. If you do sport but still eat a lot, you won't loose weight. The combination of both is the best thing one can do to loose weight.
          Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by jochen
            Originally posted by aRat
            It's really simple just eat LESS!

Not working

Only sport helps
            The trick is: everytime you eat a meal don't eat it till you are full, you have to be still a bit hungry after you finish your meal. That way you never consume all the calories your body needs so your body will start burning off your fat reserves and you lose weight.

People act like it is so complicated but losing weight is all about keeping check of your calorie intake.
            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
            98 - OUT

Comment

• Too stressful

Sport ...a hobby like swimming. Even this helps

Counting calories...oh rat.. lol

Comment

^ aRat is not talking about counting calories. He says to just don't eat till you're full.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Ah ok

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay
                    ^ aRat is not talking about counting calories. He says to just don't eat till you're full.
                    Exactly, there isn't a more efficient way of losing weight than just eating less. Never finish a full meal and always be a bit hungry.

My father needed to lose weight real quick because of health issues and using this method he lost all excess weight in like 3-4 weeks and has had a healthy weight ever since.
                    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Lifting and a calorie deficit. The time you eat does not affect the amount of fat you have. Yes if you eat kate at night you'll weigh more in the not ing but only because it's not passed through your system yet.

Weights are a big party because muscle needs calories and thus more muscle burns more calories. As far as deficit goes...don't go nuts because you'll not be able to keep it up. Allow treats but don't let the guilt of a cheat day take you off track as it's one day. Also water is integral to weight loss. A lot of the time when you think you're hungry you are thirsty.

Plate up smaller portions and eat slower so your brain has time to acknowledge that you are full. Finally it goes without saying... be mindful of what you eat. 400calories of veg is more filling for a longer time than 400 calories of crap.

This is from a person who lost 27kg last year.
                      Uk the only way

Comment

• Hypothetical question (As I've never been obese before.) to you guys: Some people who used to have severe obsesity then lose a significant amount of pounds face the risk of ending up with loose skin. That might scare people from starting to lose weight. So if you were in that position, would you consider a skin tightening surgery in the next step?
                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                        and everything you stand for?
                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                          Hypothetical question (As I've never been obese before.) to you guys: Some people who used to have severe obsesity then lose a significant amount of pounds face the risk of ending up with loose skin. That might scare people from starting to lose weight. So if you were in that position, would you consider a skin tightening surgery in the next step?
                          If you have lost a lot of weight you are almost gauranteed to have those issues with loose skin, and there is no other way to deal with it apart from surgery.
                          Not you thinking UK mix is full of formerly obese users

Comment

• Low-carb / keto has got to be the most dangerous diet trend ever.

I mean what do you even eat when you avoid all carbs? Just fat, some green vegetables and animal protein? Congrats on getting skinny while increasing your risk of getting cancer or cardiovascular disease by several hundred % I guess.

Comment

• InFamous : No, Io f course I didn't ^^ . I was just asking in a hypothetical way... though it would've been cool if a user actually experienced and could report from that.

Rihab : So you'd suggest not to try low-carb then? Funny since that's the type of diet people in the fitness scene suggest when you want to go from bulking to losing fat. Not saying their claims are necessarily right though ;) .

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                InFamous : No, Io f course I didn't ^^ . I was just asking in a hypothetical way... though it would've been cool if a user actually experienced and could report from that.

Rihab : So you'd suggest not to try low-carb then? Funny since that's the type of diet people in the fitness scene suggest when you want to go from bulking to losing fat. Not saying their claims are necessarily right though ;) .
                                But how can anyone hypothetically answer that question ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                  Low-carb / keto has got to be the most dangerous diet trend ever.

I mean what do you even eat when you avoid all carbs? Just fat, some green vegetables and animal protein? Congrats on getting skinny while increasing your risk of getting cancer or cardiovascular disease by several hundred % I guess.
                                  No carb is not a good move. What I will say is some people eat far too many carbs, as in the portions per meal are ridiculous. Portion control is key when it comes to carbs but cutting them out all together I don't agree with at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

But how can anyone hypothetically answer that question ?
                                    Haven't thought that deeply about it... I thought some would say 'Yeah, I'd totally go for the surgery.' and others 'No, I'll keep it like it is.'.

Comment

• My tip is the 600 calories diet.

How it works:

you must not eat more than 600 calories per day and work out excessively... like 3-4 hours per day... you keep doing that for 2-3 weeks and you'll look like a skinny legend.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        My tip is the 600 calories diet.

How it works:

you must not eat more than 600 calories per day and work out excessively... like 3-4 hours per day... you keep doing that for 2-3 weeks and you'll look like a skinny legend.
                                        600 calories per day is ridiculous and dangerous.
                                        Stop promoting rubbish like that.

DO NOT DO THIS ANYONE.

Comment

600 calories per day is ridiculous and dangerous.
                                          Stop promoting rubbish like that.

DO NOT DO THIS ANYONE.
                                          It's a famous diet in Germany... I have to add that you don't eat regular food in this diet, but drink a certain shake which has all the things your body needs.

I'm currently doing the 1000 calories per day diet, but you have to exercise with it and burn at least 2,000 calories at the same time... so your net loss is 1,000 calories per day which will result in you losing 1kg per day in the second week of the diet. <3

It's the easiest diet i know.
                                          Last edited by stevyy; Fri July 3, 2020, 23:58.
                                          My Chart

Comment

It's a famous diet in Germany... I have to add that you don't eat regular food in this diet, but drink a certain shake which has all the things your body needs.

I'm currently doing the 1000 calories per day diet, but you have to exercise with it and burn at least 2,000 calories at the same time... so your net loss is 1,000 calories per day which will result in you losing 1kg per day in the second week of the diet. <3

It's the easiest diet i know.
                                            It's completely ridiculous, unsafe and unsustainable. Also you won't lose 1kg per day because it takes a 7000 calorie deficit to burn 1 kg so your figures are completely wrong and make no sense.

Comment

It's completely ridiculous, unsafe and unsustainable. Also you won't lose 1kg per day because it takes a 7000 calorie deficit to burn 1 kg so your figures are completely wrong and make no sense.
                                              Of course... your body functions burn calories everyday without doing anything... so, it's like not eating.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• NOT eating would be the best diet, imo... I'm not allowed to do it anymore... bc of my illness.. in 2018 I lost my gall... and when it was in its acute phase - pre-op - I couldn't eat for 2 weeks... and that was the best experience of my life. I was still fully functioning and even went to work... but then my skin and eyes turned yellow due to an obstruction in the gall and I had to undergo surgery #1 (of 2) and I was actually forbidden to eat anything for 2 days.

Losing weight is all in the head... as long as you eat less than you burn, everything's fine. Exercise is a must too. Thankfully, food means nothing to me...
                                                My Chart

Comment

Of course... your body functions burn calories everyday without doing anything... so, it's like not eating.
                                                  Your claim that you will lose 1kg a day by eating 1000 calories and burning 2000 is completely incorrect. Also to burn 2000 calories through exercise is a mammoth task. You burn 100 calories more or less for each mile that you run. ( to give an example)

Comment

• I am trying to lose weight myself--I am trying to cut out most of my sugar intake and my carbs. and also trying to drink more water..for exercise I try to walk up and down my long driveway outside once or twice a day...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X