Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skapunk
    replied
    Walk a lot. Use public transport. Its like, walk to the bus stop. Walk to the train station. The walk to your workplace. I do that everyday, and I lost around 7 kilos in two months.

Plus, avoid fatty foods. Being a vegetarian, Its easy for me to avoid fatty foods. So even you can think of going temporarily vegetarian.

Leave a comment:

• Mooriah
    replied
    Originally posted by robert989
    what is this can you give an example of exercises that are combined ?
    The easiest one would be sprint exercise.

In layment terms, when you start out you can try;

> 12-15 seconds running as fast as possible
    > slow jog for 36-45 seconds
    do this outside (really hard to do it on a treadmill) and repeat 10-12 times (when I first started out I can only do like 6-8 times)

basically the sprint:slow jog ratio is 1:3 and when you are become more athletic, you can try to do 1:2.

You should feel like you want to puke at the end of the exercise (like you really can't take it anymore).

And by 'running as fast as possible' it means mantaining 60-70% of your maximum heart rate (but I never wear any heart monitor.. I just sprint like mad as if there are 42 dogs chasing me!)

Leave a comment:

• robert989
    replied
    Originally posted by Mooriah
    Well I used to be overweight like 5 years ago and my teacher used to tell me that it's really more about the diet than the exercise (both are important though!)

Personally, I cut on my carbs and I only ate brown carbs (i.e brown pasta, brown rice etc). I also increased my protein intake (lean meat, eggs, fish etc). My teacher used to tell me to eat fruits instead whenever I feel like snacking but not sure whether that's good coz fruits are carbs and some are high on sugar (I think?)

And for the exercise, try HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) instead of the usual jogging etc. HIIT requires less time (usually it takes me 20-25 minutes INCLUDING warming up and cooling down) and burn ALOT MORE fat than jogging for the same amount of exercise time. You can google about HIIT and I'm one of many advocates of it!

All that is really based on personal experience though (I went from 75 kg to 60 kg in about 8 months I believe) but good luck
    what is this can you give an example of exercises that are combined ?

Leave a comment:

• Mooriah
    replied
    Well I used to be overweight like 5 years ago and my teacher used to tell me that it's really more about the diet than the exercise (both are important though!)

Personally, I cut on my carbs and I only ate brown carbs (i.e brown pasta, brown rice etc). I also increased my protein intake (lean meat, eggs, fish etc). My teacher used to tell me to eat fruits instead whenever I feel like snacking but not sure whether that's good coz fruits are carbs and some are high on sugar (I think?)

And for the exercise, try HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) instead of the usual jogging etc. HIIT requires less time (usually it takes me 20-25 minutes INCLUDING warming up and cooling down) and burn ALOT MORE fat than jogging for the same amount of exercise time. You can google about HIIT and I'm one of many advocates of it!

All that is really based on personal experience though (I went from 75 kg to 60 kg in about 8 months I believe) but good luck

Leave a comment:

• DaBoi
    replied
    To keep it short i'd say running + a healthy diet (avoid carbs in the evening)
    I think people who want to lose weight should train more rather than just starve themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Brazilian
    started a topic Tips to Lose Weight

Tips to Lose Weight

At the beginning of this year,I had to move from my family's house and live alone. During that challenge,I had to face depression and anxiety that brought the gain of 12 kilos.Now I'm great and I wanna get my slender body back.

I'm already following the formula diet + workout,but I'd like to discuss about tips to lose weight and mistakes that damage that process.Thanks in advance!
Working...
X