No announcement yet.

What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A load of crappy technical literature! It actually gave me a laugh today though.

"Port Gender

Ports are often described as being male, meaning they have pin connectors, or female, meaning they have hole connectors. This "gender" orientation means that it is virtually impossible to connect them incorrectly"

Doubt there'll be another moment like that in the book though.

Comment

• I am currently reading a book called 100 Fabulas Cheesecakes.
      Some of these recipes are unreal must be carefull though last time me and my girlfriend made a cheesecake we both got very drunk.It was a baileys cheesecake,tasted nothing short of sensational.

Good book aswell.

Cheers cidermaster.
      You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

• I have just read the times amd now intend on giving the Daily Sport a good seeing to.

Cheers Cidermaster.

Comment

• I'm re-reading Richard Dawkin's "The Selfish Gene" at the moment.

When I'm done with that, I'm gonna start on "The Blind Watchmaker" (also by Dawkins), which I bought a couple of years ago but never got round to reading.
          "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

• Originally posted by potojr
            Just finished George Orwell "1984". Awesome.
            I love that book has created and inspired so many spin-offs and movies.

Aldous Huxleys' Brave New World is of the same breed and quality.

I picked up The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran today as it seems like something i can relate to.
            Lets Push Things Forward!

Comment

• Just Started

Adolf Hitler - Mein Kampf (My Strugle)
              He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManicFan2k
                Just Started

I thought that book was banned?
                Let's have a second referendum

Comment

• Originally posted by potojr
                  Originally posted by ManicFan2k
                  Just Started
                  I thought that book was banned?
                  Nope you can get it on play.com, I got it in a charity shop last week. Just seems to much of interesting read for me to pass.
                  He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• I am currently reading a 1979 Dandy annual and have just opened the first page of Beano 1985.

Cheers Cidermaster.

Comment

• Predator by Patricia Cornwell.
                      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 6214236626

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomad
                        I picked up The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran today as it seems like something i can relate to.
                        Fantastic, I've read that many times. Comes highly recommended to anyone.
                        This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

• just finished p.s i love you and away to start reading the latest harry potter book... im ashamed i aint read it yet
                          Tell Your Wasted Time....

Comment

• Originally posted by I

Exellent almost scary read and from one end to the scale to other....

Agnes Moorhead Biography.

Comment

• Frankstein by Mary Shelley for my pre-1920 English GCSE novel. :x

Comment

• well im a big big Ann Rice fan and im currently reading "the witching hour" the book is like 1120 pages long but omg is it worth a read! its a really page turner about a family of witches and it goes through time from the 1600 hundreds up to the present day! buy it! or buy any Ann Rice books she amazing!
                                i no in my heart, i no in my mind , that its meant to be, are you feelin my yo! - Are You Feelin Me - Aaliyah

Comment

• Originally posted by StevieFM
                                  I've just finished Jodie Marsh's autobiography & am dipping in and out of "Is It Just Me Or Is Everything Shit?" (I forget the author's name)
                                  That book is soooo funny! I love it! I also like Grumpy Old Men. Just little things, but it's so funny!
                                  Thought that I was the devil?
                                  But I'm an angel waiting for my wings.

Comment

• Marina Lewycka's A Short History Of Tractors In Ukrainian, despite the title it's really good

Comment

• Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. Finally got there

Comment

• Just finished yet another Ruth Rendell (A New Lease Of Death), one or two R.A.Salvatore books, The Duchess of Malfi by John Webster (concidentally we'll have to read this for yr 13 Eng. Lit. next year but I wanted to read it [and My White Devil] anyway. Oh and a biography of Marlon Brando.
                                        Beware! I bear more grudges, Than lonely high court judges
                                        and I don't need a tattooed Birkenhead boy, to really really open my eyes.

Comment

• A book called "The Bonfire of Berlin" It's basically the story of a young German girl in wartime Germany.

It's very sad.

Comment

• Swallows And Amazons.Yes is not great to feel younger than young forever,with plenty of atmosphere and fun.
                                            Cheers Cidermaster

Comment

• Tom Robbins - Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates.

love it.

a book n a writer especially for cidermaster.

"People of zee wurl, relax".
                                              the future gets written today

Comment

• The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

An interesting read, so far!
                                                Watching us fading and watching it all fall apart.

Comment

• ^That's great... I just bought the book, and I'm about to start reading it.

Comment

• Leonard Cohen - Favourite Game. Good book, it really moved me. He's also a musician Leonard Cohen, althow I never listened to any of his albums. Maybe I'll try them.
                                                    Next in line: Doctor Jivago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X