What Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skelofect
    I don't understand why if you don't believe in God you have to read a book on it, just get on with your life.
    My sentiments exactly.

My friend is against religion to the point where she even writes messages in Bibles that you get in your hotel room, about how they shouldn't force such an evil thing down our throats.

If you don't want to read the Bible - then don't read it! The hotel aren't making you read it. They're just put there by a separate organisation because this is a Christian country at the end of the day.

Comment

• Yeh but the Bible has some great fables,stories and comedy!!

Cheers Cidermaster
      You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

• Originally posted by sambo9
        Originally posted by Skelofect
        I don't understand why if you don't believe in God you have to read a book on it, just get on with your life.
        My sentiments exactly.
        I don't believe in God but I like to read books about religion (whether it's for or against religion) purely because I think it's an interesting topic. It's the same reason why I studied Religion & Philosophy at A-Level.

And I generally like reading non-fiction books anyway.

Originally posted by sambo9
        My friend is against religion to the point where she even writes messages in Bibles that you get in your hotel room, about how they shouldn't force such an evil thing down our throats.
        Now that I definitely wouldn't do. That's well rude!
        "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sambo9
          because this is a Christian country at the end of the day.
          England is by it's nature a Conservative country..... now someones going to come and despute that.
          He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• I would, but fortunately i dont care.

Currently I'm reading, Occy: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Mark Occhilupo.

A muchly great read.
            Originally posted by Thriller
            Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

• Comment

• I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

• I've just finished 'The Nation's Favourite' by Simon Garfield - the history of Radio 1, which was fantastic.

Comment

• Fantastic so far!
                    Personal Chart Playlist

Comment

• Just finished reading this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• The newspaper
                        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Currently in the middle of reading Under a Blood Red Sky by Kate Furnivall. So far it's brilliant!

LFM

Comment

• Just read "The Seance" by John Harwood and now I'm reading "Beyond Black" by Hilary Mantel. They're both quite gothic novels so people think I'm going over to the dark side or something
                            I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

• Always only books of History : about the phenomenon of Globalization, about the European Construction, about the industrialization of Spain and Italy, about the New Russia...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
                                Always only books of History : about the phenomenon of Globalization, about the European Construction, about the industrialization of Spain and Italy, about the New Russia...
                                you like that? awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by abi
                                  Originally posted by Vanacoring
                                  Always only books of History : about the phenomenon of Globalization, about the European Construction, about the industrialization of Spain and Italy, about the New Russia...
                                  you like that? awesome
                                  Yes. But I prefer again watch the TV !
                                  It's an obligation for the Master of History...

Comment

• About a month ago, I finished reading:

Probably one of the most distinctive novels I've ever read. It plays out like a profound hip hop record. The plot it extremely fast paced, a bit farfetched in places, but seriously unpretentious. Lead character Winter is an interesting type. Rich, vain and oversexed. She's not particularly likeable to the average reader, but her quick wit and business acumen are extremely sharp, when a huge turn in fortunes seems to have ruined her family.

Just finshed reading this one:

Jhumpa Lahiri is definitely one the top Overseas Indian writers out there. I was enchanted by her first collection of short stories back 2000, and then her novel The Namesake. This one again displays the sheer depth of her talent. Even the simplest of stories are written like epics. Bengali-Indian immigrants and their American-born children are presented with sheer authenticity (Lahiri being Bengali herself!) and conviction by the writer. Most of these characters seem to live fairly happy lives, but personal exploration reveals far greater upheavels they face.

Best stories of the book are Hell-Heaven, Only Goodness and the last three stories (a trilogy of interlinked stories about two characters called Hema and Kaushik).
                                    "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

• I've caught onto the hype and am reading this:

It's so gripping, I'm loving it so far.

Comment

• He's finally made a come back. I'm now offically a semi-professional comedian. http://forums.chortle.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35879.

Comment

• I first bought this in 2006, but I could never really engage with it. My level of reading comprehension hadn't fully matured at that point I suppose. It's funny, ever since I graduated from uni I've suddenly managed to read things I'd have stuggled to keep pace of before.

So far it seems pretty good.
                                          "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycool
                                            I've caught onto the hype and am reading this:

It's so gripping, I'm loving it so far.
                                            I'm thinking of reading the whole series but isn't 500+ pages a book, too long?!
                                            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

• it's a fun, quick read
                                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

• I am currently reading The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald.

So far, this year, I've also read the following:
                                                'The Catcher In The Rye' by J.D.Salinger
                                                'The Midnight Club' by Christopher Pike
                                                'Lord Of The Flies' by William Golding
                                                'The Collector' by John Fowles.

Comment

• Counting them all up in my head I'd say I've ready about 25 or so books this year.

Of these, the stand out reads were:

Jodie Picoult - The Pact
                                                  Malorie Blackman - Noughts & Crosses*
                                                  Nick Hornby - Slam

All would be all-time favourites!

*Currently reading, though,

Fourth in the Noughts and Crosses series.

I heart these books.

Comment

• I'm currently looking for a book to read, but it's pretty hard to find appropriate literture for me. No book worm at all.
                                                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• I'm currently reading the classic Flowers In The Attic, I saw the movie years ago, so finally got round to reading the book. Next up I'll be reading "Dear Fatty" from Dawn French as I got that for Christmas!
                                                      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                                        I'm currently reading the classic Flowers In The Attic, I saw the movie years ago, so finally got round to reading the book. Next up I'll be reading "Dear Fatty" from Dawn French as I got that for Christmas!
                                                        I LOVE Dawn French and I was considering getting that, so let me know what its like

I'm currently supposed to be reading University related books but not having much look. I'm enjoying (nerdy as it may sound to some) building my knowledge on sexuality

Comment

• YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Star and Heat Magazine

Comment

• I just read 10 pages and I'm hooked.

It's collections of stories of how people overcome conditions and how the brain adapts if cells die or in the first case a woman who's sense of balance was destroyed. Meaning she constantly felt like her body was freefalling, she couldn't focus with her eyes or walk. Then with a machine and using the path to the brain via her tongue, her balance was restored & she can live normally. Amazing.
                                                              Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Working...
                                                              X